Q&A: A Matter of Character Followup, 2/22/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Feb 22, 2013.

1. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Negnar there are more than 3! in fact one of them posted 3 minutes after you :p

(AD)

2. "EXPERTS" smdh how can you be an expert on something you have never went hands-on with. Agree to disagree.

3. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

The "experts" comment was a joke.. ._.

From what I have read from UL the first base you get IS the church.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  4. As I have stated MANY times, the church is the first base you can upgrade. The RS serves as your base during the tutorial. Therefore, TECHNICALLY the RS is your first base. If you saw the leaked footage, you can CLEARLY tell this.

5. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

It does NOT have a defensible perimeter. Meaning, it is not a base. Nor can you build anything in it. Meaning, it is NOT a base.

I am capitalizing the "NOT" for emphases purposes. Not screaming at you.

6. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

The whole game up to and including the church is the tutorial. The player grabbed a pistol out of the storage that was owned by the survivors there(because he was told to), that doesn't make it your storage or your base.

7. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

I can't say anything Captain hasn't. By definition, the Ranger Station is NOT a base. BY DEFINITION. Not assumption, definition.

8. On the "LEAKED FOOTAGE" i am referring to, he doesn't get a pistol from the RS. He finds it in a tent. Also unless you speak Spanish, you don't know what he was "told to do"

9. Capt.C.Baker

You are correct, he didn't grab it from the storage, I was thinking of the PAX video, but like I said, just because there is a storage area there, doesn't mean it's a base or even yours for that matter.

10. WOW, "You are correct", cant wait to read these words in June. LMAO

11. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

[​IMG] <--Nobody wins this arguement..The Boulder does..

On a serious note that was a ...Trying to find a polite word here but it seems to be impossible...Ah..I will just go with this..Jerk thing to say.

I still don't see why you try to keep fighting this even though you have been given proof that the Church IS your first base. UL has stated it Bread. And you think that it's not true because of a Jerk posting a "Leaked video". I will say this again. Undead Labs has already said that the Church IS your first base.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  12. never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Capt.C.Baker

OK, I got the answer I was looking for, from an actual DEV:

"The ranger station is the first community you join, very, very briefly. You don't have any control over it. It's basically the tutorial intro to the base concept, the church is the first base you get to make decisions at. Also, the ranger station is not a building you can return to to set up a base later, as it is apparent that it really, reeeaally needed a defensible wall."

So again, I was correct.

- Not a base
    - Not your base
    - Can not be turned into a base.

Key words that prove I was correct: "You don't have any control over it."(not your base), " base concept"(meaning it's the idea of a base, not an actual base), "the church is the first base you get to make decisions at."(This is your first base), "the ranger station is not a building you can return to to set up a base later" (can not be turned into a base even later).

Please don't say you were correct, because you were constantly saying it was your base, which it clearly isn't.

End of discussion. Case closed. :)

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  14. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

SO SAYETH THE CAPTAIN! *Bangs mighty staff against the earth ceasing any and all disagreements.*

and that is FINAL!.png

15. Mospus

Mospus Got Your Back

Baker is the law lol.

16. Capt.C.Baker

That would be Sanya. lol ;)

17. QUESTION: iv seen in the game play that in the very game itself you can find the undead labs studios but when you go in the building everybody is dead. my question is, is there a survivor alive that you can get like a developer, planner or anybody who helped with the game like sanya?

18. Capt.C.Baker

As far as I know, no, but if you look close at some of the survivors, they look like people on the dev team. I made a thread about it a while back. Search "See the DEV team in game".

19. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Yup, Can't wait to get Brant, Jeff and Sanya together...TO KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!

And I'm going to die in their studio, lol.

But seriously, I can't wait to see what kind of traits they gave all of the developers.

20. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

I may opine that they gave Jeff "WoW Guy" trait. If it even exists :cool: