Q&A: A Matter of Character Followup, 2/22/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Now that would be awesome.

2. so then i guess they really are implemented nice :cool:

3. LOL!!! [deleted] At :21 seconds in you can see the RS BASE screen, it has 2 upgrade slots and 4 outpost slots!!! Your thoughts??? Looks like the first base to me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
  4. Someone is a sore [fluffy bunny]!!!

1. That's leaked gameplay, which you shouldn't be supporting by watching.

2. I've already given you a direct quote, from a DEV, saying that the RS isn't your base or a base for that matter.

Again, you are incorrect and I'm done with this argument. The next PM you send me about this topic will be reported. Have a good day.

- Capt.C.Baker

[deleted by mod]

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
  5. I am confused

6. Its an ongoing debate about if the Ranger Station is your first base or not. I say yes, although you can NOT build upgrades. It is the Base during the first part of the tutorial. I have clear video evidence that supports my statements and I stand by them.

7. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Bread doesn't want to accept the fact that he is wrong, when it comes to the Ranger Station not being a base. I have given him reasons why it isn't a base and even given quotes from both Sanya and an actual DEV, saying that the Ranger Station isn't your first base and that it isn't a base. He refuses to acknowledge this fact. In fact he tries to use a leaked gameplay video as his proof, which he should be posting here in the forums or even supporting the YT channel by watching. He also thinks that posting my PM to him(his last post) that it will hurt me in some form or fashion. Which it hasn't. I informed him that I would report his next PM, because he has decided to troll me instead of accepting the fact. I can't help the fact he doesn't want to listen to the actual quotes from UL and I choose not to acknowledge this conversation with him any longer, so he has resorted to his comment above. He's trying to troll me and start a flame war, and it won't work.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  8. VIDEO DOESNT LIE

Also I only posted the PM from you because you felt the need to post mine to you.

9. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

How about we stop? If capt. gave you a quote from a dev that it is not a base then that should be more than enough to prove than it is not a base yes?

10. My whole goal is just to get the facts out there. As I have said before the video does not lie. Feel free the make your own decision.

11. Take a look at the video, If you dont want to watch the whole thing then dont but my case is proven within the first 25 seconds.

I WILL NOT bow down to the "almighty capt" when I have clear video evidence. Devs lie or misinform all the time, not saying UL has, its just part of their job description, to keep certain stuff from the public until release. Also I just have capt word that that is what the devs said and as of now the doesnt mean very much to me.

12. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I am not trying to go into a debate. In fact I'm trying to avoid those as much as possible. But just hear me out. I know you have a strong feeling that you are right. But If a Developer of the game said that the Ranger Station is not a base at all. then I side with them. Not a leaked game video of a beta trial. Good day..Night...Evening...Morning..

13. Have you PERSONALLY heard this from a DEV??? Me either. Also I pretty sure that video is not of the Beta, just my observation

14. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

[​IMG]
    Both of these facilities were put there by the group that was already there. The outpost area always shows up at the bottom, no matter what building you are in and the fact that they don't have light blue boxes inside the outpost squares proves that no outpost can be build at that time as he has no base.

[​IMG]

The text in the second picture speaks for itself.

I am done, I do not wish to speak anymore in this thread. Good day.

15. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Whoa. Settle down. I've said it before, so I'm not sure why we can't just take each others' word for that, but okay, I'll say it again.

The ranger station is not a base in the sense that you can use/upgrade it yourself. It has facilities, sure, but you didn't put them there and you can't upgrade them.

The first base you can do anything to is the church, near the end of the demo-tutorial-free trial.

16. NO NEW INFO TO ME. AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY SAID, YOU CAN NOT BUILD UPGRADES OR ADD OUTPOSTS, IT DOES NOT HAVE A WALL, ETC. It isn't a "normal" base it is just the base for the begining of the tutorial. Inside the RS it CLEARY shows a "HOME STATUS" pop-up which I have only seen in BASES, not other buildings or other survivor enclaves. If you can not watch the first 25 seconds of the video I have provided and see this, I dont know what else to say or do to make you see this. I have provided all the FACTUAL evidence I can, you are free to make your own observations. As I have said MANY TIMES the video does not lie.

17. Undead Sanya

The devs at Undead Labs do not lie or misinform, ever. If I don't want you to know something, I say "I'm not going to answer because I don't want to spoil anything." Pretty straightforward.

Edit to add: Bread, you are misinterpreting the video evidence. Perhaps it is a semantic problem? Everyone else is using the term "home base" to refer to a base that YOU can build and upgrade and customize according to your own strategy.

The ranger station is simply the first building you find in the game with existing facilities.

18. Is he seriously arguing with Sanya now?

19. Undead Sanya

No, I think he and I are crossposting. Easy enough to do when the posts are flying.

20. I have NEVER said you can upgrade it, my point is that it serves as a "base" while you are at Mt. Tanner. Also some other bases already have prebuilt facilities, this doesnt make them NOT YOURS.