Q&A: A Matter of Character Followup, 2/22/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Ah true enough didn't consider that.

2. NO DISRESPECT TO U SANYA, I'm just trying to get the facts out.

3. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

In order to be a "home base" as we use the term in the game, it has to be something you-the-player can upgrade, with a defensible perimeter. The ranger station is just a building with facilities, and we recycle some of the UI to show that to you.

4. Undead Sanya

Bread, sugar, I say this kindly: I *work* here. Jeff Strain is my boss, and he and I were the ones who set the "no misinformation" policy in the first place. Really. You can take my word for what is and isn't in the game.

I think this is a semantic argument, not a real argument, eh?

5. Do any other building (not bases) have slots for facilities?

6. Undead Sanya

I don't know for sure. There are a hell of a lot of buildings in the game and I've not personally been in every single one. Normally, I would ask a developer, but it is midnight on a Sunday.

I don't think so, however. Pretty sure the ranger station is just the exception that proves the rule, an outlier by virtue of the fact that it's the first "big" building you see where people were trying to survive.

7. Then this proves my point, it isn't a "formal" base but it isn't like any other building. I have NEVER said it was a "formal" base. The RS is a class all its own.

8. Undead Sanya

[​IMG]

I'm going to try one last time. No. It's not a base, not as we use the term inside of State of Decay. I defined that term as it is used in the game already. In order to have an intelligent discussion, we have to all agree on what the different terms mean in a game sense. When we, the people who made the game say "base," we are ONLY referring to a building with a defensible perimeter and nodes for RTS-style facility builds/upgrades.

Other buildings, past the tutorial/demo section, are potentially outposts, but to be such a thing, they have to be claimed.

Anything else is just a building.

9. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Love the pic, as it had me laughing hysterically, and thank you for the clarification.

10. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I just wanted tell UL good luck..We're all counting to you.

[video=youtube;7WAwuSK36Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WAwuSK36Gw[/video]

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  11. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

It still is not a base.

12. tarman

tarman Starting Off

LOL

Gear down there big shifter! The last page was a knee slapping good time while wearing sugar britches.

AH! The satisfaction of a hard days' work, right gang!?

13. Ummmmm, is this "demo-tutorial-free trial" available for public consumption?????

14. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

She's referring to the demo that comes out the same time as the game, or the demo that will be download via codes, which will be given out a week before the actual release, but to only certain people(winners of contests and such).

15. Yea I just finished digging through XBLA to see if such a wonderful thing could be possible. This close to release its hard not to get jumpy. :)

16. Loco Little

Loco Little Got Your Back

Wait, capt are you saying that the preview codes are codes for the demo and not the actual game itself? I have been mislead! lol

17. Can you put on and take off armor toe make your player look more bad ass

18. XxPANCAKExX

XxPANCAKExX Starting Off

No character Customization.
    Want to know more check out the FAQ's.
    welcome to the forums.

19. K2fbliss

K2fbliss Starting Off

It would be nice to be able to talk to a survivor before letting them join. Doing missions with them should unlock information about them. So on your tab of survivors in the group you could select to go to just ones you have met(outside of group, or just overall) that way you can see who died and how long they lived. More importantly, you already have survivors that wont join the group, but how about rogues? You know, bandits that will kill you if they run into you? That would make it more fun in my opinion.