Q&A: Day By Day Followup, 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jan 18, 2013.

1. aclark

aclark Starting Off

Ah I will do from now on then Cap'n!

You should also remember, ZombiePreacher, that by the time we see a class 4, we'll be we'll into the next generation of gaming, and by that I mean the next Gen consoles. They'll have higher capabilities and Im sure the servers will be updated, so MMO's like class 4 will be easy for the new consoles to cope with. Both class 3 & 4 are produced for the Xbox and therefore will be playable on the Xbox, you don't have to worry about not having a good enough computer, because these games aren't being developed soley for the PC, it's just an addition.

2. Thanks! Just had the time to check it.

3. When a horde attacks your base then kill them, do the bodies dissapear or do you take them some place an burn them or something?

4. can you get multiple bases on the map for a stronger defense? and from what i saw in a screen shot were wind turbines, can you harness there electric energy to help power your base(s)? and also when scavenging do you need to find like gas powered generators and the gas to power them?

5. You can only have 1 base at a time but you can have outposts that will help your defence, Gas generators will be used to power things in your base and you will need to find gas for it. I don't know about the windmill but if it's in the base then most chance is it will.

6. do you need to drink water in this game, if so where can you find it?

7. Can't Wait!!!

I just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to this game. RPG, Strategy, and zombies all in one game. I also had a question relating to this one.
    Since the zombies are attracted to other camps, could you also use the other camps as bait? Like if you wanted raid a store nearby, could you get the all zombies to come over to the other survivor camp and let them take out the zombies for you or at least keep them occupied for a while.

8. Yes, Throw a noise maker at a group of survivor's and zombie will go there and attack any human.

9. You sir, are a horrible person XD

10. Lol do I love all of you

11. Serious I love each and every one of you

12. Collecting resources

What is the possibility of picking the world clean of specific resources such as food or ammo? Knowing that virtually all buildings are accessible to a degree, would it be possible to run dry on scavenging resources and have to make due with ONLY making ammo and grow crops? And/or is it possible to survive solely on growing and crafting your own supplies and scavenge only in extreme circumstances?

13. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

It is very possible to scavenge everything. That's why it's so important for you to grow a garden, so you have food to eat and food to trade for ammo. ;)

You can't make ammo. You can make suppressors and landmines, though.

14. Cool cheers Capt, I knew there would be resources that you have to salvage/trade for like fuel for generators, vehicles, etc.. But wasn't sure on the extent that you could make your 'Home' self-sufficient for those people who want to go for a defensive superiority approach to minimize risk of loosing survivors in your community.

Naturally I knew you have to venture out to find more survivors and better weapons to defend yourself with so there are exceptions to needing to go out and explore no matter what.

15. can you play in offline

16. Capt.C.Baker

Welcome to the forums, saldiee!

Yes, you can play the game offline.

17. WarPig

WarPig Starting Off

Like, like like or like?
    Just kidding lol jk :)

18. So about bases even if you have a wall or something of that nature will they still be able to get in or...

19. Capt.C.Baker

Welcome to the forums, the_strategist!

Yes they can. Although, I have seen barbed wire in top of walls, which is supposed to stop them or slow them down. I have seen one come through the wire over the wall, but I'm hoping that was a glitch. Normally they can't get over fences/walls unless there's something to help them get over, like a trashcan or something. The only one that can get over without any help is a feral. Those guys are the ones you have to worry about. ;)

20. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

Aye, but for the wire I suggest watching for the fat bastards. If they can climb!