Q&A: Tactics/Buckle Up Followup, 12/18/2012

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

He's referring to the actual stations inside the base, not the base itself and the outposts. He wants to know if once the base is upgraded to the max, will you still be able to upgrade your stations. At least that's what I'm getting out of the question.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong Leon.

You're welcome.

2. You are correct.

3. Okay now, I have to have this game soon before the real apocolypse happens. on a serious note though as this is about tactics, I'm a former US Army Ranger so tactics is my nature, I have been unable to find anything on hunting or fishing in SoD, now I'm not sure if it will even make it into the game, but if it does hopefully the realism part will be clear, big game can be difficult to come across, but small game is much more plentiful. think about the traps and things that can help someone who wants to play how I would play, I would bug out with some supplies and tools, and survive almost indefinitely in the wilderness, make a couple good squirrel poles (these things rock look them up if you dont know about them, they can save your life) although from the sounds of it I will at least have to make a home base which I'm sure I can manage. now granted my method of play would be lonely and a less rewarding way, I may end up joining a community eventually, just food for thought.

4. I know it's a bit out there but I think cannibalism should be an option come class4 lol. I thought that was a pretty good addition to the newer Fallout games, especially in New Vegas' hardcore mode where you HAD to eat. Nailing prospectors with the hunting rifle was a great way to catch a quick meal >:] Plus it would add that extra something to a zombie game, since there would be a literal comparison to be drawn between you and the zombies. Who's the bigger monster kinda thing lol.

5. Capt.C.Baker

Sorry, there is no hunting or fishing in SoD. Hopefully it will be in Class4.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  6. Fishing would be cool for a update, Just sitting by the river as a zombie comes up from behind...

7. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Leon, in regard to your question and the way Capt interpreted it....

If the base is upgraded to the max, why would you be able to upgrade it more?

8. Can you have more then one fire Arm in your inventory ?

9. I just can imagine that that would be amazing XD fish up a zombie or a mutated zombie fish no idea how this would work though XP

10. I believe so, Depending on weight.
    So maybe a primary/sidearm Dont think you could walk around with a mingun,shotgun,AR at once.

11. Will there be a police station in the game and if so can we raid the armory

12. yeah, they mentioned clearing one out

13. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

You might also want to check out the police station concept art.

14. Thanks man didn't know

15. I heard no killing other survivors! Even ones not in your group is this true!!!?? If so im gonna be mad XD

16. True, You can kill them with grenades/molotovs or lure them to a horde of the undead though.

17. Capt.C.Baker

Like Creed said, you can kill them indirectly, but can't directly.

Directly - Shoot them, beat them to death, or slice them up.

Indirectly - Throw a Molotov near them to catch them on fire, shoot the gas can at their feet, lead them into a horde......that sort of thing.

18. If i do this will they come after me or since its indirect will they not?

19. Capt.C.Baker

Who is they? Zombies, the ones you try to kill, or your other survivors?

Zombies - Depends on the noise and if they notice you.

The ones you try to kill - No, none of the survivors are going to try and kill you. They'll probably cuss at you or just warn you, but that's it.

Your other survivors - Probably not, but your morale will more than likely go down.

20. No they won't kill you but do things like, Leave your base, steal your food/water, Kill themself, Won't help you.