Q&A: Zombies and Survivors in Class3, 7/13/12

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator Staff Member

There's a web feature on this coming up soon. (It was supposed to be this week, but unfortunately, the people involved had to hit a deadline on the game. I figured if you all had to pick between the information or the game, you'd have voted for the game.) I'm not trying to dodge the question, but it's one of those things where each answer raises a couple questions, so the guys asked me to just keep track of the questions so we could do one big article.

2. That sounds reasonable. Thanks anyway though! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.

3. Great! Next week maybe?

4. Now everybody curious...

5. I have a question that has been poking at me for quite some time.

How will interactions go as far as player controlled humans in Class4. I know Class3 will not feature thousands of players but in Class4 it will and I am wondering how the communication system will work for the Xbox. The computer is easy, just make a little chat box to type, or maybe your implementing the same system for the PC and Xbox. Will player controlled survivors have voices in Class4 like in that Star Wars MMO. If so, will that be the communication, pre-determined sentences that you select and watch your character say?

Thanks!
    ~Rick

6. In DayZ (ArmA mod), if you are close enough to another survivor, push a key and you can speak to them with your mic. That would be really great in Class4.
    Here is an example

Also, please make Class4 playable offline, or just with a few friends (LAN mode). :eek:

7. ive been holding this is for a while but here it goes..... everybody doesnt really know cause they keep asking for gameplay and there already is gameplay out. i wont say anything about what it is cause i dont want ul pissed at me and if they say its ok for me to post the link i will.. the gameplay has someone came into undead labs with a spy cam and got video of gameplay and ur physics and more.... if you try to find it dont haha the title is in russian and all the comments are in russian. so if ul wants to contact me to tell them where it is and give em a link i will .... watch ur back and ur brains bye

8. That's actually an open topic I'm pretty sure. Jeff was the one recording it, and he posted it on the UL site. Just go to the media section and there's two short videos. For those who haventj seen them already.

9. didnt see like it haha cause everyone keeps asking for gameplay so..... haha

10. The gameplay video has been on the site for a while but it doesnt show off much, its mainly just to show how the game looks so thats probably why people are asking questions and want more gameplay. More gameplay is always good lol.

11. Hey Sanya I was wondering if religion will play a role of some kind, more so with individual survivors and their conversation options/relationship with you than the overall story. I'm just thinking that the zombie apocalypse would bring out the crazy in some believers or at the very least have them question or strengthen their faith in some way. Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this but hey, just wondering.

12. I have a few Questions I have not yet seen answered, If they have been can someone redirect me?
    1.) Tactical mode? can you control survivors without being present; order them into a building to loot while you and a few others sit outside and hold the Zeds' of for a while, and/or provide a distraction? can you sent teams out to accomplish missions or tasks separately? send another team to scavenge one area while you take a team to another?

2.) I think I read it earlier but, holsters? If you are carrying a rifle a sidearm and a machete for example, would they appear the rifle across your back on a sling, the sidearm on your hip (or shoulder holster?) and the sword sheathed on your hip, thigh, back? that would be awesome.

3.) Personalities in regards to command? if you've recruited a alpha male survivalist type, but are playing as a sub-dominant personality character for whatever reason, would the dominant personality try and give some orders? maybe leave the player with a veto?

4.) Save? in case you wish to go for some stress relief, have a save feature, or a (separate) sandbox mode that would allow you to just take a truck, LMG and a Battleaxe and see how for into a horde you can get before being pulled down without effecting your actual community?

I would also like to see an answer to theRJP's question

13. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

hm I havent seen this question at all. but will zombies spawn inside buildings? I don't know why I just thought of that recently.

14. If they spawned inside the building wouldn't that break the balance of the game?

15. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

I think the only zombies that'll spawn in a building are the guys who died there... if at all.

16. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Bobby?¿ :D and na it'll be fun running into a bakery with a crazed pie baker zombie

17. If we get killed by a zed, will that character become a zombie and be able to be killed by another survivor who stumbled on that spot?

18. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

I won't report anything, but they've said little about straight up infection. It seems as if, if there was, it would be a little more intuitive than 1 bite = dead. My reasoning is if infection is not included, then why make a zombie-survival game focused on long term base building.

19. Talking of realism, is it possible that we would see an update or an addition in class 4 where we can switch between 1st and 3rd person? I love the 3rd person aspect because it gives you the special awareness that you can simulate in 1st person but it can take away from your view and possibly shooting, I was just wondering if that was a possibility or something. Also if you were to kill a survivor would you beagle to search his body and take ammo, guns etc? And what repercussions would come from doing this? Would people who saw turn on you/leave your community? While we are talking about resources does different backpack sizes allow you to carry more or is it purely aesthetic, the reason I ask is I saw a comment on here a few days ago talking about being able to change your back pack.

20. I suck with navigating websites got lost couldn't find a place to post questions.

Talking of realism, is it possible that we would see an update or an addition in class 4 where we can switch between 1st and 3rd person? I love the 3rd person aspect because it gives you the special awareness that you can simulate in 1st person but it can take away from your view and possibly shooting, I was just wondering if that was a possibility or something. Also if you were to kill a survivor would you beagle to search his body and take ammo, guns etc? And what repercussions would come from doing this? Would people who saw turn on you/leave your community? While we are talking about resources does different backpack sizes allow you to carry more or is it purely aesthetic, the reason I ask is I saw a comment on here a few days ago talking about being able to change your back pack.