1. I finally got off my ever-widening ass and fixed it so y'all could edit your Gallery offerings. Carry on. -- Sanya
    Dismiss Notice

QuarantineRoad's Random SoD Fandom

Discussion in 'The Zed Gallery' started by QuarantineRoad, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Blackthorne

Blackthorne Here To Help

Am embarrassed to say that I've only just come across this thread today :oops: but by crikey I'm glad I did!

QR, you're an absolute inspiration; I've been having a severe case of writer's block of late, and seeing your work... well, it's like you've unlocked the shackles around my brain :D It's an absolute pleasure to have you here with us mate!

[​IMG]

2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

3. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

@Blackthorne: That means a lot to me. It's a pleasure to have you here, as well, and awesome that I could somehow unchain your creativity! Thank you, and for checking out the thread! :)

@Bob Crees: Thank you, my friend, and glad you liked the track choice! Fun Fact: I've had that song since about the time it came out in 96, as part of an X-Files soundtrack album. I always listen to music that helps set the tone of my work. :)

4. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

5. QuarantineRoad

6. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

The trading cards have been my desktop since you posted them, but now...now I got a new desktop background.

Viva la SOD2!

7. QuarantineRoad

@YojimBeau: It's awesome to hear that, and I'm honored that you've kept my cards wallpaper all this time! Thanks, man! :):)

tumblr_o4mcc5224E1uihqpao1.gif

8. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I find your stuff
    [​IMG]

9. QuarantineRoad

Doomen Gloom, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  10. I got two bad remarks....
    ...nooo i'm just kidding ahahahaha...this Poster is just AWESOMAZING @QuarantineRoad !
    I love the smoke from that gun...
    Perhaps a little blood dropping from the Axe would have been good too...but it's okay.
    I already shared it on twitter with the link to this thread!

If i had a daughter, i would have married her to you!
    I'm happy (as always) to call you my Dear Brother.
    Come on UL, Hire him yesterday People!!

11. QuarantineRoad

@MonPrinCyCLoPe: I appreciate the observations, and am sincerely humbled by your words. Thank you so much, My Friend, and for continuing to support me and my work! :):)

12. QuarantineRoad

(@Undead Brant! :))

After neglecting them for some time, I wanted to return to my trading cards. So, I went back for an updated HD recreation of my original design, then revamped them for SoD2. Responding to UL's ongoing evolution, I went for something a little sleeker. That said, I hope I retained that hit of nostalgia. I hope you like it! :)

SoD2_Promo_Card_Flare_Sighting.jpg

As always, you inspire me to keep pushing myself. So, I've started jumping back and forth between designs when I think I'm burning out on one, meaning I'm still giving that special edition console a shot, @XzerothreeX! Along with another fun, though challenging project.

Disclaimer: This is not a real card! Though I might try making some for fun. :)

13. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

I wish I could just give you a job, next to my desk, and I could put you in my backpack and take you home after work and secretly feed off of your creative energy.

wait, did I type that? I meant to say, ahem, nice work QR.

14. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

They made a movie about about that it was called Life Force
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  15. Cejao

Cejao Famous

The roughed up look is a nice touch considering 2017 is barely in its 2nd month.
    someone would have had to play it with alot to get those edges worn down like they are.

16. QuarantineRoad

This is okay with me.

yes.gif

17. The Veteran

The Veteran Got Your Back

This makes me want to play SoD again. Beautiful, QR.

18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

19. QuarantineRoad

@The Veteran, @Bob Crees: Thank you, both! And I'm happy it makes you want to pick up the game again, Veteran! :)

@Doomen Gloom: I just hope I don't end up like those guys! :)

Thanks! And you're right. The date is just a technicality. As you know, most of my stuff is supposed to feel like the 80's/90's. Originally I was going to copyright it 1997 like the VHS wallpaper, but decided to keep it standard since everyone's memories are different. If even a little, my hope is they remind each person of something close to their heart. :)

Fun Fact: I pulled the edges this time from a couple of old Star Wars card pics. Like you said, they must have carried them everywhere. In fact, Mark Hamill likes to write fun stuff with his autographs and commented on one of them. :)

this-is.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  20. Oh my God! I love it!!!!!! If GTA has Franklin, Michael & Trevor...then, #StateOfDecay has its own true Zedapocalypse heroes : Maya, Marcus & Ed....plus You of course!!!
    I'll keep Spreafing the word about your work.....you can count on that my Brother!