1. I finally got off my ever-widening ass and fixed it so y'all could edit your Gallery offerings. Carry on. -- Sanya
    Dismiss Notice

QuarantineRoad's Random SoD Fandom

Discussion in 'The Zed Gallery' started by QuarantineRoad, Jun 17, 2015.

1. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

Quick update to let you know the thread's still active. Sorry for a quiet couple of weeks. I was in a weird mood, and wasn't happy with what I had in motion, so I've been experimenting with some different ideas; taking more time with them. I should have something this week. :)

2. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Take your time, sir. We will, as always, wait patiently to be bowled over by your next work. We are proud of you.

rebel36, Doomen Gloom, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  3. QuarantineRoad

@XzerothreeX: Thank you, my friend. You know how much I appreciate that. I'll try my best! :):)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. QuarantineRoad

Okay, I apologize again for the delay. I did think I'd have these done last week, but discovered I really didn't know what I was getting into despite how simple they appear. I made a few changes, but you can see a rough preview. Ed is in the works! The full-size printables are attached, below.

I tried to think of something fun and interactive that some of you might like to try. The style was inspired by Scott Pilgrim and River City Ransom. Anyway, I hope you like them! :)

SoD_Papercraft_Marcus_and_Maya_Preview.jpg
    Papercraft_SoD_Maya_and_Marcus_Low-Res.jpg

I often have trouble with colors/brightness shifting a little whenever printing something I've made, so I hope you don't have much problem. If something's way off, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

- - - A Few Notes - - -

You'll want to use thick paper, and remember to be patient/careful, especially when using the hobby knife (the small knife on a Swiss army knife works, too). It's easy to mess up and slip when trying to cut such a small area.

As well, make sure to put a piece of cardboard underneath where you're cutting, or use a surface you don't care about. Unlike the marks I made in my desk while cutting my first stencil...

To give you a time estimate, one of these takes me about an hour, or hour and a half to cut and put together. I put on a podcast while working on them.

That said, I hope you have fun with these. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. When I first thought of this project, I wanted to put one together, first. :)

Papercraft_Stormtrooper.jpg

I hope all of you have a great week! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    rebel36, MrMonst3r, Vanilla and 13 others like this.
  5. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap! So freaking awesome!!!

rebel36, Doomen Gloom, Cejao and 5 others like this.
  6. Marcus, Square Pants!
    Maya, Square Pants!!
    yeah I know...like the SpongeBob song lol
    these are amazing @QuarantineRoad !!!

7. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Well done, sir.

rebel36, Doomen Gloom, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  8. Goonie

Goonie Here To Help

Those are adorable, and the fact that we can actually make them is so cool. Thank you!

rebel36, Doomen Gloom, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  9. QuarantineRoad

10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

@QuarantineRoad - Those are really good:) I have in my minds eye, forum members having them places next to their consoles or PC's :)

11. QuarantineRoad

@Bob Crees: That would be awesome, and thank you! :):)

12. Cejao

Cejao Famous

O-M-G, you've opened up the collectables can of worms. These could be like POP figures in terms of popularity.
    now start work on gurubani, shark hoodie guy, alan gunderson, pastor will, lily ritter, etc. "Gotta collect 'em all."

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  13. Please please...make me some POG slammer tops, @QuarantineRoad. We got a 3D printer recently at the college and I so want to make some slammers now...as I found a couple ladies that still remember POGs and we, unashamedly, have been playing them again during lunch. >.>

14. QuarantineRoad

@Cejao: I appreciate you thinking they'd become that popular. You know I like jumping around to different projects to keep things (and myself) from getting burned out, but if there's continued interest, maybe I can make new ones here and there like the cards. :)

@SwissArmyKnife: Haha, though I never played it, I've thought several times about making some POGs to go with my retro stuff. It's cool to hear you and your friends got new life out of it. As for a slammer, I'll see what I can do. :)

15. Cejao

Cejao Famous

My big thing as a kid was playing Marbles, and collecting other kids "shooter" marbles as my prize for winning. I would only play for keeps. I have quite a large bag of marbles in storage. :D

16. Similarly, I have a Pog cyclinder of confiscated Pogs from the golden days. Random trivia of the day...you could chip a slammer purposely to get better results in matches. We worked out the science in it back in elementary school...chipping a cheap slammer on the curb until it hit just right to flip the most pogs at once.

17. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I don't have words for how amazing this is. <3

18. QuarantineRoad

Thank you so much, Nicole! :):)

rebel36, Cejao, Doomen Gloom and 2 others like this.
  19. @QuarantineRoad Do you still take requests? There's a design I'd love to have on a t-shirt and/or coffee mug if possible.

rebel36, Cejao, Doomen Gloom and 3 others like this.
  20. QuarantineRoad

@SwissArmyKnife: I have several projects I want to get to currently, but go ahead and send me a PM so I can take a look at it. :)

rebel36, Cejao, Doomen Gloom and 3 others like this.