1. I finally got off my ever-widening ass and fixed it so y'all could edit your Gallery offerings. Carry on. -- Sanya
    Dismiss Notice

QuarantineRoad's Random SoD Fandom

Discussion in 'The Zed Gallery' started by QuarantineRoad, Jun 17, 2015.

1. I wish you good inspiration for the last final touch...patiently waiting for it.....

2. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

Thank you, MonPrince! :)

3. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

How did I miss this thread? Spent the last goodness only knows how long scrolling through each and every page of it, looking for the little "attached file" squares on @QuarantineRoad s posts, and saving every image to my phone, then backing up the save LOL. Incredibly talented, you are a blessing to this forum. These images are history in the making, literally immortalising State of Decay. Thankyou so very much. :):):):):)

4. I love this guy!

Cejao, Bob Crees, XzerothreeX and 2 others like this.
  5. QuarantineRoad

It's seriously awesome to read that. As you might have seen me say, it's people like you and everyone here that has inspired me to keep going. Thank you so much for everything you said, and for taking the time to go through the entire thread. I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and it's wonderful having you here. :):)

I love all of you, too. :):)

6. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

Woow, great. Well done sir m(-_-)m

7. QuarantineRoad

Bob Crees, Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.
  8. Virgel

Virgel Here To Help

I just noticed the trailer you posted, well done!

Thank you for taking the time to create these amazing pieces of art, QR.

9. QuarantineRoad

Thanks a lot, @Virgel! I'm really glad you enjoyed them! :):)

10. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

Can you make kelly eldridge drawing art? Like you did to amelia and maya. Please :D

11. I thought you posted another masterpiece!!! Take your time my dear Friend....

12. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I am not sure everyone saw this @QuarantineRoad did this for me on my birthday. :D I thought it deserved to be here. Thanks again buddy:).

[​IMG]

13. QuarantineRoad

@Jeffry. B: When I start drawing again, I'll keep that in mind. :)

@MonPrinCyCLoPe: Hopefully, soon. I'm at about 90%, now. I hope it makes sense why I haven't shared anything until it's finished. There's a lot of waiting involved, and I've had several setbacks. Thank you for being patient with me. :)

@Doomen Gloom: You're welcome, my friend! I'm happy you like it! :)

14. Virgel

Virgel Here To Help

The true north strong and free (of zombies)! :cool:

Cejao, Bob Crees, XzerothreeX and 3 others like this.
  15. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

Take your time brother, no rush :D

16. QuarantineRoad

By all accounts, my main project should've been done early last week. Instead, it's maddeningly stuck at 98% despite me doing the exact same thing that's been working. I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out, which is why you haven't seen much of me.

Anyway, I've felt really bad leaving you guys hanging for a couple of months with nothing to show for it. I seriously thought it'd only take 2-3 weeks. I guess that's what happens when you go into something you have no clue about. So, since I had to do even more waiting, I got revved up and inspired out of frustration/insanity and started work on this.

I've never done much with the Lifeline characters, and thought it'd be cool to take a shot at a "surreal rendition" portrait of Hawkes, especially since she's my most played in LL. As you can tell, I used the same technique as Becca, Quentin, and my SoD2 ad.

So, after all this time without anything new, I really hope you like it! And I can't tell you how much I appreciate you hanging in there with me! :)

Mood music!

Direct Link

Hawkes_Screenshot.jpg
    Major_Alicia_Hawkes_by_QuarantineRoad.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

XzerothreeX, Cejao and QuarantineRoad like this.
  18. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I love that she looks like Robin Wright. You are as always, amazing.

19. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Agreed. After seeing her in House of Cards, I can totally see her as Alicia Hawkes and I'd follow her into battle against the unrelenting hordes. Yes, Ma'am!

Vers, XzerothreeX, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  20. QuarantineRoad

@Bob Crees, @Undead Nicole, @YojimBeau: Thank you, so much! :):)

I'm really glad you liked my choices! The first thing I do is try to come up with likenesses (actors, etc.) similar to - or at least how I envision the character, so it should be no surprise that Robin was one of them. Normally, through the creation process, it starts to look less like any individual person, and when I first merged her image with Alicia's, this was true. The trippy thing was, in including the two other people I chose, she looked more like her! Apparently, I had a really strong image in my head of who Hawkes should look like. :)