1. I finally got off my ever-widening ass and fixed it so y'all could edit your Gallery offerings. Carry on. -- Sanya
    Dismiss Notice

QuarantineRoad's Random SoD Fandom

Discussion in 'The Zed Gallery' started by QuarantineRoad, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

Thank you so much, @Virgel! It's been an honor to know you, as well. All of you have had a hand in inspiring and changing my life for the better.

I'll definitely be keeping in touch at the Alamo, and as soon as I get set up on one of the art sites, I'll let you know! :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Virgel, Bob Crees and Righteous Ham like this.
  2. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

I'll second this. Your art is great and it would continue to be so divorced from State of Decay. I eagerly anticipate your next project.

Virgel, Bob Crees and QuarantineRoad like this.
  3. Aha, well I would've been part of it for 2015's in-person dedication anyway. I didn't see the post til 2017 when I asked about the t-shirt! I never did get the Moonrise one done too so that is a new priority.

Virgel, QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

This is really very good - Can it be expanded

QuarantineRoad likes this.
  5. QuarantineRoad

@SwissArmyKnife: Yes, it seemed like you've always been there with your support. We've been working together and talking about projects for some time, which is why I was surprised you hadn't posted until then. And if you ever get that Moonrise shirt printed, I'd love to see it! :)

@Bob Crees: Thank you, and do you mean expanded like into a wallpaper? Or to include more names? :)

Virgel and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

More Names

7. Virgel

Virgel Here To Help

And a wallpaper! Please :)

QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I know it would be hard to do and I doubt even if it would be supported by UL - But would it be possible to have a Board where people could add their names?

9. This needs to be the last post on the forums.

10. QuarantineRoad

@Bob Crees: While this dedication will be left here specifically in remembrance of everyone who was a part of this thread after the forum's locked down, there's no issue in expanding the plaque, itself, to include more names. As well, I could always make another, or something similar for something else. But, once the forum locks, I won't be able to edit it anymore, which is why I made sure to update it now, in case things shut down early.

@Virgel: The way I have it set up, it shouldn't be difficult to put together a wallpaper. I'll post one as soon as I can. :)

@ThatChristmaskid: Thank you. It may be out of my hands to get the timing right, but I'll do my best to make something like that happen. :)

11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

We certainly need to have some sort of 'Beacon' to guide people here -

It needs to go somewhere on The Alamo - Okay people might not stay for long - But they have the chance to scrawl their names

12. Morak

Morak Got Your Back

I am honored and deeply moved by this. Thank You!

Bob Crees and QuarantineRoad like this.
  13. QuarantineRoad

@Morak: You're welcome, and thank you again for being a part of this thread, and the community. :)

Bob Crees likes this.
  14. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

WHO CUT ONIONS IN HERE

15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

That sounds like a song?

16. @QuarantineRoad Can you do one of the stylized portraits for Lily Ritter or Amelia Crasman? Lily would be great because she's iconic and Amelia because she's a dev daughter and it'd be a cool dedication piece.

Bob Crees and QuarantineRoad like this.
  17. QuarantineRoad

@SwissArmyKnife: I agree with you that either of them would've been a good choice. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time left to assure it'll be finished before lockdown.

However, over the last few days, I took @ThatChristmaskid's suggestion of attempting to make my dedication one of the final posts, and merge it along with a new rendition of Becca. Granted, I did almost pick Lily. I went with Becca again, simply because she's my favorite SoD character, and since she's become somewhat of a representative of my work through avatars, etc. I might of had a little more time, but I ended up recreating her face 3 or 4 times before I felt it was right, and the rest of the design became more difficult than I thought.

Along with that, while I don't have anything there, yet, I did get about to signing up for DeviantArt and Artstation (for a later time, possibly). I'll also likely create a spin-off of this thread over at your forum (For anyone reading in the future, check out The Undead Alamo or Draakdorei's forum), at least to let you know what's going on. That's also where I'll post my new dedication if the forum locks early. So, down the road, I'd be glad to do one for Amelia or Lily, and also haven't forgotten about @NanaGamer55's request for Milo. Amelia was actually the first one I attempted, but I couldn't get her right. Mainly the hoodie. But, now that I've gotten a better hang of it, maybe I can pull it off.

18. Any chance you can make these into a 3D model in Maya or similar software? Recently got access to a 3D printer so being able to make them come to life isn't too far off...

19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Now that would be Awesome - Guess there would be a 'TradeMark' type issue though?

20. I...uh...I have no idea what you're talking about. -hides other figures-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.