Questions for Foge's Mailbag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I hope not, its kind of one of the key things I like about state of decay, no saves from those "oh shit, oh no" moments.

Doomen Gloom, Vers and Bob Crees like this.
  2. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I saw a paraphrased quote from the Square people talking about transitioning from cartridge to discs. They found they had 'too much freedom' in game design, and didn't have to shoehorn the code, cut, revise, etc nearly as much as before.

Has having the 2 gig limit removed for SOD 2 given you a feeling of 'we could but shouldn't' for designing this game? Any 'problems' with having so much freedom with the new game?

Bob Crees, Doomen Gloom and Cejao like this.
  3. Darth_Necron

Darth_Necron Got Your Back

heres my question will the xb1 versions design of SOD2 feature pc mod support like fallout 4 and skyrim does ?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  4. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Considering the leads on this project come from an MMO background, I'm wondering how far ahead you've planned in terms of the world and the outbreak? I know a lot of series have a bible with plans for both where the overall story is going as well as nice side stories that could be expansions or even whole new games, while there are some series that simply wing it. So, do you guys know a hell of a lot more than the games have told us so far? Do you know how far the outbreak has spread in the world, and even the causes of it? Was it all down to that high school kid trying to summon dark forces in the note from the original game?

5. Darth_Necron

Darth_Necron Got Your Back

from what i gather the rest of the world is also up shit creek without a paddle if you read the sitreps in lifeline as these reports tell you how other citys in the us and other countries are handling the outbreak but if it was caused by a high school teen using some kind of voodoo or occult ritual either way it worked and its now gone completely tits up

6. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

So have any of these questions been answered? I can't find my newsletters lol

7. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Theres been twelve so far, and I've seen a few answered. This is the latest:

I've had a couple of mine answered too, but the only one left in my email is from Early Warning #11. Just edited the post on the first page of this thread to show the answer to that as well. If I knew where we could get "back issues" of Early Warning, I'd just link there.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Bob Crees, DJB204 and Vers like this.
  8. Corwyhn

Corwyhn Here To Help

Why does the sign up for the newsletter and updates on the main State of Decay 2 page say US Residents only?

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

You're likely looking at the wrong one. This is the one that you should sign up for - https://undeadlabs.com/early-warning/

Bob Crees likes this.
  10. Corwyhn

Corwyhn Here To Help

Yes the one I was looking at is the official State of Decay 2 website which looks to be run by Microsoft and not Undead Labs. Any idea why it requires US citizenship for the newsletter? Tried finding an appropriate channel to ask Microsoft about it but no luck so far. Anyone have any ideas? And yes when I was a kid my parents probably got tired of all my questions :).

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm not sure why Microsoft has that rule. :) But you can sign up for our newsletter and it isn't restricted.

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Hi people!!! Let's ask Master Foge One about my roofparking....
    Do you take into consideration some of the exploits that some Player may accomplish in the game which were impossible to even exist? I mean, if they are funny, do you consider adding them to your future plans and build something useful around it for the players?
    thank you.

Bob Crees likes this.
  13. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

I have a question about the controller button/keyboard and mouse control layout. Will State of Decay 2 have the same controller button layout as the original game? Will PC users also have the same keyboard and mouse controls as the original as well? After so many hours of gameplay I'm pretty used to those controls. If they have been changed how different will they be? Thanks.:)

14. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

I can't get into details at all, but I guess I probably won't get fired if I say there are some new actions, and so the controls will be a little different.

Now, you're talking to someone who remaps every MMO to have the same (incredibly goofy) layout that Everquest used, because after two decades there's no way I can learn to acquire a target with anything but the S key, so I sympathize with anyone with the same problem. I know remapping ability is always a goal.

MonPrinCyCLoPe, rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  15. Wayne

Wayne Here To Help

I have the same EQ tie as you do @Undead Sanya. All games that I play get remapped as closely as possible to my EQ Bard. Makes it all easier for me.

16. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

Thanks for the info and quick response @Undead Sanya. I hope I didn't get you in trouble.:)

Bob Crees and MonPrinCyCLoPe like this.
  17. Corwyhn

Corwyhn Here To Help

Heh heh. I still play Everquest.

18. GR8ScottZ0MBIES

GR8ScottZ0MBIES Starting Off

I played EverQuest as well!! Came in after Ruins of Kunark just before The Scars of Velious.

Here is some nostalgia for you Undead Sanya.

Respect just went up for UL.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Undead Nicole likes this.
  19. shinigami

shinigami Got Your Back

Hey, Solosek Ro since game launch. ;) I quit when I started working for Sony themselves instead of just selling gold on eBay, LOL, right in the old Verant/989 offices.

20. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I'll say most likely not. We are still months away from launch, and the controls will undoubtedly change. However, every monthly stream so far has Geoff and Brant doing very odd contextual actions, then they mutter that they've been playing the new game and can't play the old.

The implication is the buttons have very different results 2 vs. 1.

rebel36 likes this.