Quick and easy way to build Fame. (Not Influence.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biker Steve, Nov 14, 2017.

1. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I think you could probably cut your ammo stockpile in half, and would still have too much. Well, unless you're prone to shooting in full-auto... then stockpile away.

I made it thru 99+ levels with for the most part, a single stack of each caliber. The progression thru levels, ammo scavenging and 1-2 ammo outposts was enough to maintain my supply. Now, you probably have preferences in caliber like I did, so you can make adjustments. In the last 20 levels, I more or less only used 7.62 (every community member had an AK variant, or one of its contemporaries). Even so, I only had 2 stacks of 7.62 in my locker— the rest went to enclaves.

SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I know that I have way too much ammo for my needs, especially now that we can make our own.

SonnyJim likes this.
  3. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

Full auto guns get dumped on enclaves, and I *really* wish the guns with more than one firing mode would default to single fire. Right now I stockpile everything from .40 to 7.62 (except for .50, as I have yet to come across a Condor, so the .44 Automag has to do) and incendiary shotgun and grenades.

Attached Files:

SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  4. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Got Your Back

I never knew about this, thanks alot for sharing, Biker Steve - you can call my football team a bunch of pussies anytime you like! :D

Improving my Fame would be handy right now in my level 91 game - no new enclaves are appearing and my crack at the Leaderboard scores is challenging my influence levels all the time!

I had a maxed out locker heading into my level 91 game. I kept a half-dozen slots open by using "placeholders" like ammo types I don't use (quite a few since almost all are 7.62) and this has worked out quite well - anytime I deposit a materials cache I don't get unwanted tools. But then I can take out those placeholders at a cost of only 1 influence each when depositing other rucks that might give bonus items. I'm a bit slow but recently learned that relogging will almost always force at least one of my team without a gun or weapon to withdraw a set from the locker, allowing me to restore influence fairly fast.

Re: locker/influence on a new BD level - I have Ray in my team, he carries a few spanners and I just deposit 2 to get 150 influence, then switch to my breakout dude to spawn a car with Ray's radio call.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

I assume everyone is taking a backpack full of high-influence guns out of the locker before moving onto the next Breakdown level, then depositing them when arriving on said level so you have a night chunk of influence to use for vehicle delivery, outposts, etc?

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes I do and anything else to get to near max weight.

Takuro_Spirit likes this.
  7. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Got Your Back

I never used to until getting above BD 75 or so, cars became really sparse and Ray became more useful. I just used spanners though since they weigh a fraction of guns and don't create "encumbered" state. Just my personal preference I'm sure.

Takuro_Spirit and Bob Crees like this.