Quick Interview With Playable Press

Discussion in 'FAQs, Interviews, Articles, and Links' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

2. I didnt know swimming was out the window too. So what would exactly happen if your survivors jump into deep water? Will they instantly die, or do they reappear on the closest shore?

3. so will swimming be patched in later or is that something that will be added in class 4?

4. I couldn't help but notice that you said the zombie are sensitive to light, why? Are we fighting vampires now?

5. maby it got to do with their activity...

6. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

o_O... Survivors can die, and if they do, they stay dead. ...you mean... we won't have to put a bullet in their head if they get bitten at the neck like in the teaser?! They won't turn in zombies?! don't they turn undead?!? >.<!?!

7. K-man, don't be so hasty to assume. Zombies are dead humans, but that doesn't stop them from getting back up ;)

As for swimming, I'm somewhat disappointed, but I'm gonna assume you can surface swim, but not actually dive under the water like they had planned? Surface swimming is the easiest thing to implement, it's just a submerged body moving at a slower pace then running

8. Possibly it is to do with the traditional view that: More Zombies at Night
    Less Zombies at Day

9. MAJOR WARPATH

MAJOR WARPATH Starting Off

Since they are sensitive to light I wonder what happens if you shine a flashlight on them, or car lights with high beams on. How would it be used for gameplay purposes. Could be interesting.

10. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Not sensitive as in fearing it, sensitive as in "drawn to it at night." They're always attracted to noise, so if you're hammering boards over your windows, you'll want another survivor to play lookout. At night, when you're sneaking around, you'll want to be judicious with your flashlights. I think Phinney or Foge said in the vehicle Q&A that with a car, both engine noise and headlights will attract the zeds (but no sense driving at night with the headlights off, because the engine noise will negate any benefit gained from driving in the dark).

11. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

No, you misinterpreted my message^^
    I was seeing in it a clue to what's the disease: if they don't turn back after being gnawed by a zombie it means that the survivors are immune, and you'll never have to care about the issue of trusting them if you think they're infected!
    But, obviously, there's a healt bar... pardon... so Survivors are immune, and just die... sigh... understanding if someone was hiding an infection would have been fun...

12. MAJOR WARPATH

MAJOR WARPATH Starting Off

That clears it for me, thanks Sanya. Wow I feel touched, you answered one of my post :D. That can also add great gameplay variations and can also lead to some classic and scary zombie encounters, especially when now you have to be careful with any light source.

13. I'm pretty sure they are attracted to all light at night, if so, better be careful about them generaters :D

14. I'd be more worried about the noise coming off of the generators running.

15. Wake up NE0

Wake up NE0 Starting Off

Im surely read somewhere survivors can get infected. Now i dont know about the health bar. Maybe when its empty you die, and infection is seperate to health?

16. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

From this, it sounds like survivors can turn. If this wasn't what you were talking about I apologize.

17. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

It looks like they're handling infection in a somewhat secretive way. If this is my only real concern, then so be it. But if you're going to make a zombie survival game, especially with all this realism, it would be self-defeating to not have characters able to turn when they aren't immune. Even if they are dealt with, their time alive should perhaps be extended, though not indefinitely.

18. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Agreed.

10 Characters

19. creeper

creeper Starting Off

No, it’s not 1:1. He went into

it looks like you got called a he sanya