Red Means Bad Right?

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Sanya is still in Boston and can't get to the forums because we're all about keeping our site secure (nobody wants another hackathon happening) and she forgot her PW generator at home. HOWEVER...

She wanted me to show you guys this map.

[​IMG]

Wait, doesn’t red mean heavily infested?

2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Bloody Hell Nicole, that's some serious infestation. Makes note to self - 'Do not call for Scavengers, if you are on the opposite side of the red area from Home Base'.

3. xr1st1anos

xr1st1anos Got Your Back

Red means 'uncleared area'. Just my guess...

4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

There is another Thread on this and from I understand, we will not be able to build Outposts in the Red Area. So unless there are possible Home Bases in the red area, that we can secure, not sure how to clear it. Damn Life Line is going to be fun:)

XzerothreeX likes this.
  5. broudie

broudie Here To Help

Nice. First good look at the map. I count about 90 buildings?

And holy cow 8 of them are in the Danger Zone! I hope we get missions there! Can't wait to have to fight to get in and out of an area that cant possibly be cleared of zeds!

6. zoneout

zoneout Starting Off

I just hope I can enter those red areas as they seem to be the majority of the map.

7. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

From what I've seen on video's they are either blockaded by wrecks or actual blockades. You'll get a nice surplus of zombies if you try to enter it though :)

8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Ok well that could be an awesome further game to Life Line, clear the Red Area - fingers crossed.

9. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Welp.. I have a feeling I'm going to be in the red zones for awhile just laughing maniacally

10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I know the feeling, what do you have to do get a Hamburger these days?

QuarantineRoad and XzerothreeX like this.
  11. broudie

broudie Here To Help

Please,please let us extract propeller heads from red zones.

XzerothreeX and IllBlazer like this.
  12. TitusMaxThong

TitusMaxThong Got Your Back

Goood. Goooooooood

13. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron prefers an abundance of infestations...it gives Dantron plenty of space in which to take naps without being bothered by pesky humans. :)

Dantron will take Villain Quotes for $200, Alex.

Answer:
    Who is Emperor Palpatine?

14. Pajama Dad

Pajama Dad Got Your Back

So long as red doesn't mean unplayable part of map this looks exciting.

Jakeypake likes this.
  15. Jakeypake

Jakeypake Got Your Back

16. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

Nope, there is only one home base in this map. So, that red area is going to me fun.

17. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

Ha ha. Muhaha. muahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

e5futter likes this.
  18. ~Silver

~Silver Got Your Back

I can't tell what the red area is, being it's so specific. It's not a infestation however, as one is marked in the picture...

19. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Since this is a military map, the solid red part should designate an area of America that is under the control of an enemy force. Hashed areas should designate contested areas not fully under US or enemy control. The light red area would be extent of enemy operations.

TL;DR - The red area is Zombieland and not good!

20. Dinger

Dinger Got Your Back

Definately fits the profile of a lost cause, time to grab what we can and gtfo, although hopefully not down that evac route, if the maps match up that's taking us straight to the Fairfield pass.:eek: