Red Means Bad Right?

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Apr 13, 2014.

1. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Ah. A Staff weenie is anyone posted to a Battalion or higher headquarters who's primary job involves anything other than pulling a trigger - such as a Battalion S-1, S-2, S-3, etc. Or, in the Navy, anyone who is a member of the Staff Corps and not the Line Corps.

A TOC is a Tactical Operations Centre - basically, a Battalion (or higher) headquarters. At Platoon and Company level, it would be called a CP, or Command Post.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    WillieSea likes this.
  2. gish

gish Got Your Back

The red could be blood for all we know there's 1million survivors in that area

Please be blood on a map

3. dynastyhan

dynastyhan Famous

Is that Undead Nicole's finger pointing at the image? :)

4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Nope that would be Sanya's finger. :)

5. is it possible to get into the red areas?

6. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Only as a zed. Haha.

That whole area is blocked off by one obstacle or another. Just getting close causes zeds to come pouring out towards you. Only the perimeter of the city is in play.....this time.

7. for my past experience playing zombie apocalypse games red zone means heavily infested areas for zombie enter at own risk.....but the higher the risk the better the returns?

Blackoutlantern likes this.
  8. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

Its where all the toilet paper was stored. So yeah, much higher returns...

9. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

You know its got bad, when you have to swap 1 cigarette for 3 sheets of toilet paper - AND if you 'roll your own' - PLEASE wash your hands:)

10. Blackoutlantern

Blackoutlantern Got Your Back

That seems like it's gonna be a hit or miss (To me anyway). Cutting off parts of the map seems pointless to me, I get that there would be areas in reality that would be littered with debris and the like. But I wanna be able to access it all!

I will probably be one of those who idiotically tries stubbornly to fight my way through those zones and will be torn to shreds (Or just back off if those zones physically can't be entered). The map does look good and it looks like you may end up doing some round trips at times, plus with the potential of more zeds to try and avoid/kill, then it's definitely going to be challenging. Looking forward to it, but let us enter everything on the map please!

Even if I lose several characters in those zones, it'll still be worth the play through :p

11. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

From what I saw, it looks like you 'can' enter the danger zone. You just wont make it far into it.
    I am not sure why people are complaining about not being able to access the whole map. With the current map we already have, you can only access about 60% of it. (Probably less.)

12. Blackoutlantern

The current map we have, I've not come across too much that I couldn't access; the reason I... Well I suppose it is a complaint isn't it... The reason I'm complaining about not being able to access the whole of the map is because I don't like places I can't explore, and when I come across them; I have an overwhelming urge to think "I know I'm on a mission, but what's over... Oh... Nothing... Well that sucks. never mind, on with the mission." I had it a lot with Fallout 3 when they teased all these buildings around and then you couldn't get in to a lot of them, or take alternate routes through the city because there is rubble & debris stacked up (That still looks like it'd be easy to climb over).

I dunno, it just winds me up when something is shown on the map that you can't access. I get it's there for visual, but most of the time they make these inaccessible areas look so enticing, just to take it away at the last! :p

13. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

As Williesea pointed out, it does look like you can go into the red area/zone. Be advised, you will be going into a hornet's nest of fast moving zeds. Good luck man!

If you have any next of kin you want me to send your personal effect to just let me know. I'll include a letter and even though we both know you died being a big dummy, I think I can put enough spin on it to sound heroic. Maybe trying to rescue the President or Beyoncé.....something like that. Hehe.

WillieSea likes this.
  14. Blackoutlantern

I don't think there's any way to put a heroic spin on entering that zone, not even to save someone else, because then you'll have to come up with all these different stories for us fools that enter the zone of our own free will and something eventually won't add up :p

Just make sure my grave says "Worth the loot" if there's anything left of me, granted someone would have to be daft enough to come in to retrieve my body.

I know what I'll do, just to tease people on here, once I get the game and head in to that zone (Seeing how many characters I lose) I might just tease on the kind of loot that's in there, even if there's only silencers and energy drinks in there :p

15. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Well, it was going to be a personalized letter but I may have to just go with a form letter and have the camp clerk sign it. Haha. Who knew so many people would be making the danger zone their first destination. Haha. I mean it's a single player game...what are they trying to prove?

CTANKEP32 likes this.
  16. CTANKEP32

CTANKEP32 Starting Off

I think some of the map haters are forgetting that the inner city is infested by zeds numbering in the hundreds of thousands, it would be the last place anyone of our troopers would need or want to go at least without a perminent airial napalming,
    This has to be the most colossal zombie beater ever made, even if it's a little short of "Mega Zed Nerd Fantasy Blaster 3000" i'm betting that it will still be incredible!
    Roll on Black Friday!:)

Vers, Bob Crees and Undead Nicole like this.
  17. dynastyhan

dynastyhan Famous

maybe you can safely enter the red zone at night time when all the zombies are sleeping...

Blackoutlantern and Vers like this.
  18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Good Luck, Please let the Forum know how you get on:)

Yeti, Blackoutlantern and WillieSea like this.
  19. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Say, this isn't so bad . . . I guess the zeds really are all asleep. Now, all I have to d- GAAHHHH!
    munchslurpmunchnunch*

20. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

...while your fellow survivors watch from across the street in the base. And from somewhere in the back a lone voice is heard, "One less mouth to feed; and if nobody cares, I am going to take that assault rifle he had after those zeds clear out".

Stealth Moose, mudster and CTANKEP32 like this.