Remembering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hazardous, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Hazardous

Hazardous Got Your Back

I purchased X1X and SoD:Y1SE was the first game I actually bought for the system. Idk why but for some reason I did and started playing right away. It's been awhile since I last played but I'm remembering what made this game so special (and still is, IMO). It's all the random, unscripted moments and spontaneous life or death decisions. I really care about these characters for some reason and want them to survive. I'm a ways into the game and failed my first mission. I went solo on the Memento Mission where you go back to the beginning to retrieve Lily's Dad's watch. I get there and realized there's no cars and empty supplies bc I did a great job scavenging in the beginning. I cleared the cabin but it quickly became to crowded with zeds and I got stuck on the tower outside. It was almost sundown and supplies were very low. I radioed in a sniper but that was useless and readied an airstrike but didn't use the artillery marker. From the top of the tower I could see the hordes were growing in number and random zeds too. Everything I had cleared was now a wasted effort. I had to decide if I was going to ride the night out on the tower or make a run for it. I decided to go for it bc staying meant dying. I barely made it back to the broken bridge ravine with almost no ammo but no meds or coffee and a damaged weapon. I got swarmed in the ravine "*#%$&$!" but remembered the artillery marker. I quickly slung it and got free. Boom. Boom. Boom. The ravine was now momentarily cleared and I'm still alive. I then climbed back up the other side, ran into a few more zeds but managed to fight my way back to the truck. I got in barely alive with low stamina and health and drove home with a big smile even though I failed the mission. I was just glad I didn't lose a survivor. You rarely get these types of moments in games and I hope SoD2 is on a whole other level of this type of experience.
    One question though, is there going to be an Enhanced version of SoD1?

2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

This whole thing brought a huge smile to my face. :) Thank you for that.

As to your question, I never say never. ;) But as far as our schedule goes, we're full sail on State of Decay 2, and that's what is in our foreseeable future.