Respawning resources/items bug/exploit, still working?

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by juantoothree4, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Hello,

I am wondering if this exploit still works?

If you guys are not aware, it is an exploit where if you leave one container completely unsearched in a lot, the lot will reset and in return, will respawn all lootable containers back as well as the items in it, after a certain period of time. It will be as if you never looted the place, but you already got the items in it.

The time it takes, apparently, is 24 hours, in-game, but I am not sure at all.

Also not sure if it will be duplicates, but I read that it could vary from duplicates to random, so possibly rarer items.

I am currently saved where I looted one container from a warehouse, and left one more unsearched, so there was 2 total searchable containers. I do not currently have the time to wait and test if it works right now, also I want to know so that I do not restart my game again.

This thread explains it more or better.
    https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/is-this-true-respawning-resources.22674/

Thank you

Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  2. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

No, that exploit was taken away awhile ago.

Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Thank you for the confirmation.

Furthermore, I would like to ask if there are other ways like this for sustainable resource?

I was initially looking forward to taking advantage of this exploit so that I could have, as much as possible, non-negative source of income for resources for my base, playing in-game or during simulation when not playing.

I am aware of how outposts work, so I know I can use that for sustainable resource.

I hope you understand what I am saying.
    Thank you

Bob Crees and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  4. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Do you do the "double up" when calling for scavengers? Where you call for them, then straight after, take the resource, then your scavenger still takes one as it thinks the item is still there. It's an exploit but if it works, use it I say. Also once you set up say a material outpost once it's set up u can then take the resource, u don't have to leave it. It's a similar thing where the system now thinks the outpost has said resource, so u can then take it and still gain it every day. Well I and many others do this at least. If I can think of anything else il pop back. Hope any of that helps.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. orgelambart

orgelambart Here To Help

I used this method back when it was in place to level up my Marcus at the start of the game,, you could get him maxed on every major stat except Shooting.. if you did it prior to going into the ranger station you didn't have to worry about losing Ed either..

Didn't realize they removed it.. makes me kind of a sad Panda,,, but I guess it was too much..

Bob Crees likes this.