Ripping Off the Bandaid: Title Update 1 Not Working

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hi fellow survivors. Here's the deal:

Almost as soon as the update went live on Friday night, we started seeing reports the infestation bug ("Too many infestations!", even if the infestations were on the other side of the world), at least, was not fixed. DJ (our QA director) and Sanya immediately started gathering reports, and the entire Undead Labs team started investigating.

The issue was somewhat confused by many people reporting improvements to the infestation issue. However, reports started coming in that other bugs we had verified internally as fixed were apparently not fixed on the live version of the game. It began to look as though the people reporting improvements simply had good luck, not a fixed game.

I called Sanya at 2:30 PM PDT (5:30 PM EDT/10:30 PM GMT) on Sunday to let her know we had determined beyond a doubt the update was being downloaded, but not applied.

First, I want to apologize. This is not acceptable, and you deserve better than this.

Second, we're on the phone with our publisher right now getting everyone mobilized. There's nothing we can do at UL to fix this problem. Once the update has been handed off, the process of getting it to you is something only the Xbox people can handle. So, we're calling in the troops to get going on solving this problem immediately.

Third, although we can't directly fix the problem, you are OUR players, and we'd like you to know we're exploring ways to express our appreciation for your patience.

In the meantime, see "first."

I wanted to let you know what was going on as soon as we had it nailed down. We don't have an ETA on a solution (see "second"). Stay tuned for more information as we get it.

Thanks to all of you who've been reporting issues and working with us in various threads this weekend. The information you provided was invaluable as we worked to track this down.

Jeff

2. Cyanide

Cyanide Starting Off

Great response from devs. Thanks for the update.

3. No worries dudes game is still great.

4. Averryy

Averryy Got Your Back

So will this in anyway shape or form hinder the release of the 2nd update? Im dying for my 'eternal load' bug to be fixed.

Thanks for keeping us updated all the time!

5. Thank you so much for getting such a quick reply on this. We're not mad! The game's still amazing as it is :)

6. Undead Jeff

No. The worst case here is we simply roll the TU1 fixes into TU2.

Jeff

7. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

I was wondering why I was still having problems with infestations. Thank you for your honesty Jeff and continuing what has always made UL amazing in my eyes, being completely upfront and opaque on news. I really do respect you guys for that. Now enough ass kissing! ;P I hope you guys can get this sorted as soon as possible, I've got four survivors currently off in the wilderness on their own due to the infestation problem! More importantly, one ran off with my CQB 416! The bugger'll get a talking to when they return...

8. Thank you once again UL for having devs that actually care about their fan-base and not just "oh, uh, it doesn't work, too bad, we'll.. uh, yeah.. seeya!". I'm beginning to find that Indie game developers care more about their players than major game companies. +100 Internets for you guys.

9. Geez

Geez Starting Off

Thanks a lot Jeff for letting the community know what's going on. It does suck that the update didn't apply to our games but it also brought about new bugs. And I know it must be more frustrating for you guys to deal with this issue. So i'd like to thank you and your team for doing all you can for us players. Btw i hope when and if class 4 comes out that it comes out for PS4 since sadly I don't think i'll be an Xbox fan when the Xbox One comes out.

10. Its gonna suck if i have to restart again...I guess I can forgive you guys since this game is AMAZING...you could do me a solid and remove the I shot the pony dialog though.

11. Undead Jeff

Yeah. Not going to disagree.

12. Leave the pony dialog in! It makes me laugh every time.

13. Ah, i knew something was off when i still kept getting the "too many infestations" alert when there were none near my home. No worries, at least you fellas bothered to inform us about it, still a great game :)

14. Geez

Geez Starting Off

But i actually like that dialogue lol

15. Zugai

Zugai Starting Off

That's how communication should work XD
    Hope the Xbox guys get that sorted out soon, else sending a ferral should do the trick XD

16. Averryy

Averryy Got Your Back

Cant find a single fault with the work you guys do, thankyou Jeff. I hope MS are able to sort this out ASAP, E3 has passed and they need to start focusing on the current again rather than the future.

Looking forward to continuing my Zombie killing quest when TU2 comes out!

17. Wow, this is how devs should roll on the internet!

Like others, I want to thank for the information. I heared about the update so Istarted a new game with the knowledge from the first run. From what I see the thinking "WOW, IT'S SO COOL NOW" was a placebo effect, am I right?

Even though, I still love your game, I'm still positive about 92,5% I gave this title in my review, any you still have my support.

Keep up the good work, UL!

18. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

You two are mad, simply crazy, and should be put into mental care as quickly as possible! :p

I believe I may just go insane myself if I hear that particular dialogue ever spoken again, I chuckled the first time to myself aloud, I'll admit that, ever since then I've wanted to feed my current character and Lily to the nearest feral every time they speak it. The dialogue has become nails on a chalk board! I can't see this being done in an update, not sure if it could be, but if the voice cast could come back in and record a few more lines (Now that UL is making money) I would be the happiest gamer in the world!

19. toupz

toupz Starting Off

I made a new game and i dont have.the infestation bug anymore

20. Apparantly it only happens once you move into Marshall (Snyder Trucking Warehouse seems to bug out and infestations galore).