Romance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zamasu, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Zamasu

Zamasu Here To Help

I would enjoy some romance, similar to the Sims. You build up trust between yourself and a NPC, but more realistically. You can take them out and build up trust, giving your lover weapons/first aid makes the bar rise up.

Tanguy, Dbomb 12, XzerothreeX and 2 others like this.
  2. MrFish

MrFish Got Your Back

Oh no, no no no no noooo. I've had enough of video game romances where "love" is built on gift giving and telling people what they want to hear. A relationship element to base management COULD be interesting as far as character moods and their reactions to events, but it would be much better as a dynamic passive system than "thanks for bringing me food, teehee" *fade to black while a saxophone plays softly in the background*

I mean if two survivors happen to have a relationship of some sort, and one gets sick or killed or banished or whatever, it would be cool for them to be justifiably freaked out, or if the RV-thing is around, have them refuse to go with you without their family/SO, or if they're sick have them try to steal a vaccine or medicine. If they're both in good condition, give them a mood bonus. That sort of thing.

On the other hand work safe Artificial Academy: Pacific Northwest Zombie Apocalypse edition could be interesting. Not really what I'm looking for out of SoD2 though...

mystyk, MrsFish, Bob Crees and 2 others like this.
  3. GEO THUNDER

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

I don't want to be a matchmaker, but I would enjoy some more relationships in the game as they would make the survivors feel more human.
    • If you and another survivor spent a lot of time outside the base, then you'd become better friends and maybe start a relationship.
    • Randomly generated relationships: if two people have similar traits (ex. both like baseball and jogging) then there is a chance that they will start dating.
    • Missions where a person asks you to find their wife/husband who got lost.
    • People becoming depressed and/or angry if their SO dies or if they break up.
    • An option for a small wedding in the base to boost morale at the expense of food.

Bob Crees, Tanguy, Dbomb 12 and 2 others like this.
  4. Dbomb 12

Dbomb 12 Here To Help

As long as the relationships are realistic. It wont be all pies and cheesecake during the apocalypse.

5. Furie

Furie Here To Help

I'm not one for manipulating the situation, but I can see statuses arising from your interactions with different characters and how their traits interact. Some of those people will become Friends, while others will simply stay Trusted. Friends might progress to Besties or even blossom into a romantic relationship if everyone's on board. Then there are those who would be Untrusted, Enemies, or even Nemesis level. Add in different shades of these like Respected or existing relationships like Family or Married and you've got a system that adds onto the existing traits in interesting ways, allowing relationships to evolve naturally without players feeling forced into date type activities.

Someone with a Crush might be bolstered while they're out with the object of that crush, but that survivor might be creeped out by it if it's one way and have negative reactions that affect morale at home. Friends might back each other up to the point that a small disagreement escalates and has two factions at each others throats within your community. Enemies might constantly be bickering over the slightest thing. Nothing would be entirely negative or positive and it would all arise through spending time together, whether on missions or at home, adding even more choice to who you take out each time.

6. Cejao

Cejao Famous

With online co-op coming, I could see some romance maybe happening with like minded survivors.

7. xGbHx

xGbHx Got Your Back

This would be cool and like Geo Thunder said, I think that pre-generated relationships would be amazing.

8. Zamasu

Zamasu Here To Help

My boi Jacob was in one, but the game didn’t get too deep into his relationship with that one dude.

9. Sentinel

Sentinel Got Your Back

When relationships last long enough, it should open a possibility to marry at the church. Lovely weddings everywhere, and then somebody decides to start ringing the church bells.

10. Cejao

Cejao Famous

A zombie shootout as the wedding after party? sounds like great fun.
    make sure the guests bring plenty of ammo. ;)

mystyk, Bob Crees and GEO THUNDER like this.
  11. Zamasu

Zamasu Here To Help

I’d actually be down for blasting zombies at my wedding, but they will not kiss the bride!

Bob Crees, GEO THUNDER and Cejao like this.
  12. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

That sounds amazing

Bob Crees, GEO THUNDER and Cejao like this.
  13. orgelambart

orgelambart Here To Help

relationships are meh, although I'd like to see people randomly hook up or something, and have it make other people mad or jealous, then you're forced to come step in and place peacemaker before people kill each other over male/female..

Bob Crees, Cejao and GEO THUNDER like this.