S.O.D 2 Returning Playable S.O.D Characters Poll

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Arky, Aug 14, 2017.

?
  1. Ed Jones

2. Marcus Campbell

3. Maya Torres

4. Sam Haney

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Arky

Arky Starting Off

Hello there! I had a thought, if we as a fan-base could only pick one returning SOD character to be playable in SOD2, Who would it be. This is only hypothetical and I'm sure we all would love to have all these beloved characters back for round 2. But today you may only choose one. Whom will it be.

2. Dbomb 12

Dbomb 12 Here To Help

Marcus is my main man.

3. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Seems you've listed the wrong Sam.

Text="97 GENERIC Sam Haney"
    I assume you meant:
    Text="101 HERO Sam Hoffman"

4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Out of the four listed I would have to go with Marcus.

5. Blackthorne

Blackthorne Here To Help

Gone with Marcus, him being our 'Main Dude' in the first game, but will say that I still have high hopes for The Ranger Station Trio (Marcus, Ed, Maya) to be available as playable characters in SOD2.

If not as playable toons, then I'd like to have a random encounter where they're passing on through the area - something similar to what happens with the old L4D and the L4D2 crew at the bridge would be great :)

6. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

I wouldn't mind any of them showing up in some non-canon aspect of the game. However, due to their transient nature in SoD it's unlikely any will be a part of the story.

7. Alan Gunderson

Alan Gunderson Here To Help

Well, my pick isn't on the list, so I won't vote.

Other than that, I have a few, and I guess since all of these people have determinant deaths I'll assume the canon is where the named characters live.

If this was some kind of forced thing, I wouldn't mind seeing the Ritters again, however Maya, Marcus and Ed's development was good to me as well.

In general I would prefer their fate stays in the haze of the unknown since this is supposed to be a whole new story, if they had them play any kind of important roll it just wouldn't be "my" ex-characters anymore.

8. hi guys, thanks for the thread @Arky !
    first, do not expect to hear the same Ed Jones voice in SoD2. I asked the voice actor and he said he's not part of the sequel .-(

second, i really think it's a big dilemma here....they're all great characters....but i prefer ED.

9. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I'd prefer all new characters.

10. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I'd like Sgt. Tan, but he got killed on-camera, so he's out. Other than that, I'd like Ame C or Guru.

11. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I voted Maya, If I only get to pick one.

12. GEO THUNDER

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

If there is a breakdown mode in SoD2 *crosses fingers* then Marcus, Maya, and the rest can be in as heroes. They wouldn't affect anything as breakdown is non canon and it would be a nice nod to the previous game.

13. Righteous Ham

There are some characters that we could see returning, namely the Wilkerson's as they remain alive and well no matter what you do in the game. I'd love to see Becca and her crew again but sadly the game has a route that kills them so it's unlikely.

14. GEO THUNDER

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

Besides the 2 surviving Wilkersons and Lily, what other SoD characters are canonically still living? I think Quentin is still alive, no matter what happens to Becca. Captain Monstressor might be out there.

15. Righteous Ham

Lily is on borrowed time due to her medical issues and won't survive more that a few months and even then she'll see a rapid decline in her health. It's highly unlikely she'll be alive by the time SoD2 takes place, which is set roughly a year after the initial outbreak.

Quentin is a possibility as he lives no matter your choice but as he could be a very different person based on how that final mission turns out, I'd rate his returning as low.

Seeing the good captain again is far more of a certainty as we know she pulled out with what remained of her forces before the end game. In fact, I'd love to see more of her as she only briefly appears on screen. Our primary exposure to her is through unsympathetic and threatening radio messages. Being able to see if she's doubled down on that mentality or become more empathetic would be fun. As Monstressor is known mostly for her antagonist nature it would be neat to reverse that for the sequel and see another side of her.

16. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Marcus Powerhouse and leadership not much else to say.

17. Nathan Endo

Nathan Endo Got Your Back

Without a doubt, Marcus

18. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

If some do appear I hope it's optional or in game modes separated from the main campaign mode.
    Don't have a problem with them showing if we (hopefully) get a Breakdown game mod which is just a ffa mode.

In the campaign mode? nope.....since that would establish that they survived SoD 1 when that can't be true for everyone's playthrough.

19. altcon

altcon Starting Off

Anyone apart from Lily!

Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  20. RexP

RexP Starting Off

Rule#100: Reflexes, baby, Reflexes!

Cejao, Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.