Sandbox Mode Is Coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harben, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harben

Harben Starting Off

Latest SoD News

I cannot wait.
  2. sgallaty

sgallaty Starting Off

That's how I play the freaking game, too. I just sandbox it up.

I hope there's lots of gameplay expansion coming.
  3. soulguard03

soulguard03 Starting Off

Can. Not. Wait.

*tries to sleep time away*
    *looks at watch*

10 seconds have passed?!!! CRAP!!!
  4. Kregger

Kregger Starting Off

Sandbox mode? Anyone have an idea how it'll be?
  5. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

^ this...not really sure how much different it's going to be....I mean, as much of a fan as I am...I'm kinda disappointed this is the DLC drop that is coming since we can already sandbox it as is.
  6. If they do more sandbox alone, I hope for more interaction with the homebase/survivors.
  7. That's great news... I love you Undead Labs. Mmmmm Brrrrrrrainz.
  8. Harben

Harben Starting Off

This is indeed some great news.
  9. Felis Menari

Felis Menari Starting Off

I imagine that there will be more to it than just the removal of story elements. Otherwise, it would be quite thoroughly pointless. Hopefully there will be changes made to improve sandbox play.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  10. MichaelK91

MichaelK91 Starting Off

This sounds AWESOME! I cannot wait for this! :D
  11. RipShaDe 41

RipShaDe 41 Starting Off

what the heck is a sandbox mode. the first thing that i thought of was co-op but it was already confirmed that its not. which is a let down. if all it is to survive as long as you can then thats a little lame. i would rather co-op be added but it is good to see undeadlabs making tu`s and game updates so quick. my only gripe is that the game gets really repetative after u beat the game. only thing different is the game gets harder in the second play through. i would rather survive with a buddy then do it alone like i already have been.
  12. soulguard03

soulguard03 Starting Off

Sanbox thoughts: I imagine it will remove all story elements, all bases available, and perhaps survivors will be "more to your disposal".
    Without story elements, I don't see a need for survivors going missing. My hope is that simply stay at the base, and kill any zeds that come near. Leaving YOU (me) to be the lone scavenger.

Either way, I'm excited for a new mode. A "how long can you survive" sandbox would be great.
  13. If they go sandbox, they'll have to respawn resources otherwise it is utterly pointless. Sandbox-games' most defining characteristic is infinity.
    That said, do I really want to infinitely save the same person from the fastfood joint who then needs a ride to Snyders over and over again? I'm conflicted.
  14. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help least I'm hoping...What I am expecting however is respawning resources & no story ...other than that there really isn't much to make it sandbox. I'm withholding judgement but I just don't see how much more they can change it since it's pretty much a sandbox as it is now. This will be a wait & see DLC purchase for me really.
  15. This is sweet news. What would make it even better is sandbox mode and co-op.
  16. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

You have that now.
  17. Joey

Joey Starting Off

I already had this idea like 5 months before it came out and nobody liked it "Nazi zombies is already over that, and its so last year". Why the hell is everyone ranting about it now?
  18. orgelambart

orgelambart Here To Help

OMG.... I just Sharted

Sounds awesome...
  19. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

So it'll be more like a Lone Wolf mode really?

20. All that we need now is a chargen so you can have your own survivor. ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.