Sandbox Post #2: That's So Meta (8/1/2013)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

ALAN!!!!

Nuff' said.

Thanks Sanya and Geoffrey for the post!

3. Marcus, Ed, or the Shark Hoodie guy.

4. Wow thats [upsetting]... I've been preparing the survivors i was going to take for this and now you tell me I cant even take them. That im just going to get a bunch of random noobs? This kills my excitment for this by alot, but i will get it nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  5. XlFrostBitelX

XlFrostBitelX Starting Off

I hope this isn't the last announcement for the DLC. I'm still not interested in it despite how much I like the game. Honestly if the "Heroes" are just characters you get in the story It's not going to be much of a reward. How bout a crossbow?

6. Why not Jesus like in South Park he'll be a good hero =)

7. Sounds great! My hero would be either Maya, Marcus or Robert.

8. redkorssquad

redkorssquad Got Your Back

Crossbows and bows were removed\ unimplemented as they were silent and deadly enough.
    Personally I'd take Marcus, Maya or shark hoodie.

9. Can never go wrong with Marcus, he's just a legend.

Honestly though I'd have a hard time picking between the original Church of the Ascension survivors. The funeral director who's name always changes is cool too. The Xbox Live girl is funny too.. And that psychopathic woman with the yellow shirt. She may be a PITA to keep in the community that "accidentally" kills herself after a while but her anger is entertaining.

Dammit I hate to be a fanboy but you did a good job of getting me to like your characters UL.. now if only voices/accents better suited the ethnicity of the survivors then it would be golden.

10. jeremy1012

jeremy1012 Starting Off

Marcus and Maya any day, Ed annoys me.

11. Maya because of the Yoga pants or shark hoodie guy Or better yet, shark hoodie on marcus

12. C'est la vie

C'est la vie Starting Off

I want the ex prostitute from the grange ... What is her name again ?

Or the judge lady !

13. Quintus_Fontane

Quintus_Fontane Starting Off

Not to sound like an ungrateful naysayer, but if you've implemented an unlocks system (Which is AWESOME, by the way; you get major points for that), wouldn't now be an ideal time to at least give us an element of control over which skin we unlock and use for a character?
    So many awesome looking skins in the game are tied to truly horrible stats, and so many great stat characters look... rather less awesome. You don't even have to add more skins, just let us swap between the existing ones with a super simple interface. Please?
    It wouldn't be unbalancing in the slightest, so it wouldn't affect the leaderboards; the characters you find will still have random stats, it'd be purely cosmetic and would mean a lot more than 'Woo, I unlocked Marcus, we've started every game as him for the past few months'.

14. Caden all the way, Caden, Ed, and Marcus are my main men

15. Marcus is the best balance character... and he can Kick ass when his skills are on top!

16. Relentlessx757

Relentlessx757 Starting Off

Marcus or Maya.

17. Yurì Zagorac

Yurì Zagorac Starting Off

Any word on a release date?

18. It would be interesting to see one of the Wilkersons become a playable character...that or Doc Hanson. Personally, I wouldn't mind having one of my old characters as a hero. "Brenden (can't remember the last name)" he had a cowboy hat/flannel shirt and a Dog Leg. He was kinda BA.

19. JussBL4ZE

JussBL4ZE Starting Off

Id take Karen.. Or the guy with pants/knee pads/ and the leather bomber jacket.

20. I say you should put in famous zombie killers from movies and games, I mean who doesn't want to play as Columbus from zombieland or Leon from resident evil, I mean we love the original guys but for unlocks they should be new people not ones we've used countless times before.