Save is gone

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by stateofplay, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I went to continue my game on Xbox One S (played yesterday no problem), and it said I wasn't signed in. So I signed myself in, and after loading, it dropped me off at the very first scene and mission with Ed yelling to kill zombies. I tried reloading and found myself at the same initial spot. It looks like my 15+ hours of progress are missing. Is there any way I can get my save file back?

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  2. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Im going to say nope, but im not 100% certain on that, ive had this happen once before as well with a similar issue.
    next time make sure your signed in and it should be ok.

How much did you lose?

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Aw, I figured it'd be a no.

I guess I lost whatever came with that 15 hours of progress. I was at the warehouse and had it built up. And I liked my survivors and had them at great levels.

If I start it again, is there a way to back up the save besides the cloud storage? I don't trust it as the sole save location anymore.

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm afraid you're going to have to contact Xbox Support on this one. I am not knowledgeable enough with Xbox saves to help.

Bob Crees, stateofplay and Cejao like this.
  5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

at least it was story mode and not breakdown, I was at level 3 when I had to go back to level 1 and start all over again.
    naturally I rage-quit and didn't touch my xbox Yose copy for many months. :(

Bob Crees and stateofplay like this.
  6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Damn that is so annoying:(

stateofplay and Cejao like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.