Second Lifeline Q&A, 5/7/14

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, May 7, 2014.

1. Blackthorne

Blackthorne Here To Help

Something tells me that these very fine sounding options are going to be in short supply once the fit hits the shan royally, so smoke 'em while you've got 'em folks!

Lifeline will indeed get brutal if there's a storyline phase where the drone launch positions and the sniper nests get overrun and you get a brief, ominous message from the CO over the comms of "You're on your own. Good luck" while your base has the zeds knocking at the front door :eek:

Hope you've got that uparmoured truck, AKA The Warbus, gassed up for a mad dash for freedom!

Any chance that we could get a full list of options that will be available with the Lifeline outposts prior to release? I'd welcome the opportunity to be able to start planning up my Fortress America :D

2. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

Do the Military outposts produce ammo, or another material, in addition to the provision of the Radio option?

3. dynastyhan

dynastyhan Famous

... and yet, i'm sure everyone in the game got bitten regardless what weapons equipped, and they all survived through it. Have you seen Walking Dead TV series? calmed survivors killed zombies without swinging any weapons, just go for the head and stab it with anything sharp objects they can find (large or small) ! :)
    Ok! so you made your point, new animation might be needed. But still, I think it'd be awesome if there'll be new melee types. Since this is a stealth zombie games, it's a little funny for me to see we get more new "loud weapons" instead of "stealthy melee ones"...

I can only hope UL continues to develop future DLC with new category of melee combat. And also I don't recall using bare hands for regular punches ? I thought I mentioned unarmed weapons like "fist daggers" or other similar items.

4. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

[​IMG]

Can't it be June already?!

gish and GTigers55 like this.
  5. TenaciousMarine

TenaciousMarine Got Your Back

Secret Achievement save Rick Grimes from the tank

gish likes this.
  6. subzero_myth

subzero_myth Starting Off

bayonet.png Yes! Yes! Yes! What every zombie apocalypse game/movie requires!

7. I know I'm late to the party, but will any of the new guns make it to the standard game or lifeline?

Also has any rebalancing been done? I constantly find .357 guns and never .357 ammo.

8. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

That just looks like a Winchester 1887 with a long barrel:

[​IMG]

subzero_myth and GTigers55 like this.
  9. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

I could tell it wasn't a bayonet, I just wasn't going to say anything. That would be a very short barrel otherwise lol. Thank you resident gun expert.

10. Mr McDillard

Mr McDillard Got Your Back

Best line of the whole article. I wonder how many other things at UL can be explained by saying, "because Brant". :p

GTigers55 likes this.
  11. CaptainAssassin

If characters all died after one bite, most people wouldn't play, and the game would be a commercial failure. Balancing game mechanics sort of transcend zombie lore, so they aren't comparable. Yeah, I've seen it. Its one of the many reasons I stopped watching it, among others— their depiction of weapons is a regular point of contention. Stabbing a zombie in the eye with a piece of rebar, thru a chain-link fence— only penetrating 1 or 2 inches and yet miraculously killing the zombie. That's just Hollywood. In SoD, you don't have the luxury of poking things thru fences, and the zeds don't stand still and let you jam things in their eyes. Every aspect of combat in SoD supports the use of melee weapons with broad strokes, not precise thrusting. There's no aiming system for melee attacks either, just facing in the general direction of the target. The precision & aiming aspects are reserved for guns.

The term 'unarmed' means: not equipped with or carrying weapons. So the phrase 'unarmed weapons' is more or less a paradox. Fist daggers are suitable for living people, zombies... not so much. It's not much better than a regular fist— just a good way to get your bare knuckles stuck against a zombie's face.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  12. CaptainAssassin

I just hope Brant includes the shortened version too...

[​IMG]

Vers likes this.
  13. TenaciousMarine

TenaciousMarine Got Your Back

Hey Beard welcome to the party! Yes the news guns will carry over to the other modes (if you can find them) and re-balancing will be added with TU5. Which will be coming out alongside the Lifeline DLC. TU5 will be free while Lifeline's price is to be determined

14. gish

gish Got Your Back

Wait if I understand correctly the survivor ai will become smarter??

Omg this is great!!!!!

15. Mr McDillard

Mr McDillard Got Your Back

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread.

16. Evilmanmark

Evilmanmark Starting Off

Very excited for this!

17. Caveman

Caveman Got Your Back

dont it put a smile on your face? The subconscious smile of full auto weapons throwing out hot death into a crowd of zeds and bombs going off, mines exploding, bodies flying...blood everywhere, que the opera music...I think i heard of more ammo in this verson? Is that true? I'd really enjoy shooting zs and not worrying about ammo

18. Caveman

Caveman Got Your Back

New zeds? New ways of getting resources? Farming other than the tiny garden? Fishing? Hunting? Not necessarily in Ll but in all versions of this beautiful creation made by the gods of zed killing.

19. subzero_myth

Damn, what a let-down.

20. subzero_myth

imagesKGL7TQ3O.jpg I can only imagine then.