Snyder Trucking Warehouse Machine Shop

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by Jukka, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jukka

Jukka Got Your Back

Playing YOSE on XB1.

Every time I've set up a home base at Snyder, it comes with a machine shop. Was I lucky or is that always the case?

Do you need to have a construction/tools expert skilled character assigned to the machine shop in order for it to repair cars? In other words, will a built-in machine shop still repair cars without a tools expert?

I've had Ray Santos since level 1, so as a construction expert he's always manned the machine shop. I'm thinking about ditching Ray for another character next level of BD, but worried that if I occupy Snyder again the machine shop won't repair cars unless I have a tools expert.

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. QMJS

QMJS Famous

It is always there.

You don't even need anyone staffing the facility for the repairs to happen over the daily reset, but if you want to repair cars immediately at the parking spots, you do need someone with the tools expertise.

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Jukka

Jukka Got Your Back

Thank you for confirming - I'm fine with overnight repair, the influence of insta-repair is never worth it to me anyway. Looks like I'll definitely be saying farewell to Ray then haha.

And does Snyder ALWAYS come with a built-in machine shop?

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Yes, it does. Every homesite has a couple of facilities that have to be repaired. Those always end up the same.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. QMJS

QMJS Famous

One other thing to consider though... the tools expert does increase the speed that things get built. But if you are ok with them happening 'overnight', you can get away without one.

Bob Crees and Jukka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.