SOD keyboard layout from a saved game?

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by Joe Newbie, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Newbie

Joe Newbie Here To Help

I know this is a very long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I found my old G13 SoD Gamepad profile, so I have it programmed in there. However, I rekeyed some of them in the SoD game itself... I can eventually figure out which I've changed but the time to figure it out will be longer than if there is a chance I can derive it from an old save game file I also found in my backups.

Or, alternatively if the keyboard "rekey" is saved as a file somewhere in the save file or perhaps I have backed up on this hard drive and don't know about it, what is the profile called, I mean the file name so I can do a search there as well.

Thanks in advance.

2. Pretty sure the file you are looking for is actionmaps found here:
    \Steam\steamapps\common\State of Decay YOSE\USER\Profiles\default

Joe Newbie likes this.
  3. Joe Newbie

Joe Newbie Here To Help

Wow, I look that up, find it on my backup drive, for 5 games, none of them SoD. :( Although, now that I think about it I do have another older drive I can check.

4. Joe Newbie

Joe Newbie Here To Help

Sadly no, not on that one either. Well, my mouse is dying and I don't expect the new one until Tuesday, guess I have some time to remap the keys to work with the G13 profile I created oh so long ago. Gotta look on the bright side right? Thanks for the help SwissArmyKnife it's much appreciated.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Joe Newbie

Joe Newbie Here To Help

Just a quick note here, had to dig deep into an old hard drive backup but I did find the stupid profile. Also had to figure out which keys I changed in SoD's settings to make the layout make sense but I did and I'm back up and running a bit.

SwissArmyKnife likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.