State Of Decay 2 DLC ideas.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJB204, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

We all know DLC is inevitable. SoD2 will release DLC in some way, shape or form. Whether it's a PvP DLC, new survivors or game modes like Horde Mode/Survival Mode. We can expect something from Undead Labs.

What types of DLC would everybody want? Map Expansions like remastered versions of Trumbull Valley and Danforth? Original SoD character pack? Post your DLC ideas below.
    StupidZombie likes this.
  2. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

Well of course we need Horde mode

We could also get reskin DLC's and Map DLC's
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016
    StupidZombie and DJB204 like this.
  3. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

Guns and melee weapons.

Random decorations for homebase: Lawn gnomes, dart board, moose head, racing posters, etc.
  4. StupidZombie

StupidZombie Got Your Back

In my opinion, I think it's too early to start talking about DLC, especially for a game that hasn't even been released yet. I think we should talk about what features we want in the game (horde mode, decorations) instead of just selling those features separately as DLC (Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty). The features that UL say that they can't or won't put in the final product then can be considered as future DLC. Also, the reason I like SOD's DLC is because it isn't just bits and pieces, it's new characters, maps, weapons, facilities all packed together. I'll use this as an example:
    Vers, osamaclees, Dunadain and 7 others like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Sir your Example is perfect. I note in the Fallout 4 Thread, there has been six Yes 6 DLC's released since that game came out. I know Gaming Company's need to make money, BUT six DLC's??

UL made the original game and then after 18 months / 2 years (my timing might be wrong), they produced Breakdown, as a result of listening to the Forum members. We then got Life Line, again after listening to what people wanted.

Let's see what SoD2 looks like and then start talking about DLC's if there is a need?
  6. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I wouldn't even buy that original game lol. Not at a AAA title asking price. It's gotta have the entire meal at launch, and if the desert looks good, I'll buy that DLC too.
    kebabmister and StupidZombie like this.
  7. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

We can still throw in ideas about DLC's for SoD2.
    StupidZombie likes this.
  8. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

I'd love to see something about the first days of the apocalypse. Emergency services responding and dying, SWAT being called in, Nat Guard, normal people turning, etc etc.
    DeadK9Handler, Vers, ErnestK7 and 3 others like this.
  9. kebabmister

kebabmister Got Your Back

That sounds like a good idea. I'd also like to see something like that, maybe with a group of SWAT or National Guard trying to hold out and respond to civilian- wait, that'll just be Lifeline 2.0...oh well, still like the idea.
    StupidZombie likes this.
  10. Sandor

Sandor Got Your Back

All i want is new quests, events and areas to explore, thats what keeps me going in games.

Could care less about reskins, they should be free. Like in the Witcher 3 there where like 12+ free dlcs!
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    rebel36, ErnestK7 and StupidZombie like this.
  11. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

Most AAA titles nowadays have the DLC pre-decided before the launch of the game. Season passes for example always advertise what extras players can look forward too in the coming year. I don't think it's too early to discuss possible DLC. The devs at Undead Labs are probably doing the same thing. Maybe this thread can help them out.
    Sandor and ErnestK7 like this.
  12. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Black Death mode that reskins the map as a medieval castle and surrounding villages. Zombies are reskinned as zombies from that time period and all cars are replaced by horses. Firearms are removed, bows are added, and melee weapons become more period. The radio operator becomes a wizard with a crystal ball, and explosive weapons/distractions become spell scrolls.
    DeadK9Handler and Dunadain like this.
  13. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

That's my picture...

Three words... Reskin & Breakdown. Period.
  14. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

DLC in my book = expansions....period.
    Using the Fallout example, the only DLC I bought were automatron and Far Habour because they were actually new game content, not just cosmetic/uselss stuff like settlement buildings or that crappy vault DLC.....those are ripoffs.

So in SoD, expansions or different game modes/new stories would be amazing. Really, think Lifeline, that's like the perfect example of what a DLC should be.
    Reskins of characters, new guns, vehicles reskins or worse "day 1 dlc" are a no no in my book...I'm not going to pay for something mods can make for free.
  15. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

sounds a bit much for a reskin, that would be an entire new map.
    DeadK9Handler likes this.
  16. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Something like that should really just be an asset swap. Having said that, a new map would probably be easier in the long run.
  17. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

An extra map or two every 4-6 months.
  18. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

or short-stories
  19. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

JL Bourne mode, you see it coming and prepare, recruit, move, run, huge hoards. I just finished the first two books they were awesome.
    Bob Crees likes this.
  20. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

apache helicopter DLC, would be f*cking awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.