State of Decay 2 FAQ

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

ChrnoPL, Cejao, Vers and 12 others like this.
  2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

3. JTMAK

JTMAK Starting Off

As i said on another thread, this FAQ is ticking all my boxes so far.

Cejao, DeadK9Handler, Shatznr and 5 others like this.
  4. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Here are few questions I have.

Animal Cannibal to finally make an entrance?

Will there be pie? pie making?

Will Dantron's cage return?

Has Brant's beard become sentient?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  5. hockeybrianboy

hockeybrianboy Got Your Back

Is this the place to put more questions or just to link to the existing FAQ?

Cejao likes this.
  6. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Human enemies! At last, Justice shall come for the Wilkersons!

7. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Reading this carefully. "Dynamic zombie and human enemies" you say? Interesting : o
    Also it looks like you will pick someone to lead your community. From how it's worded anyways.

Cejao, QuarantineRoad and XzerothreeX like this.
  8. Undead Nicole

go ahead and ask your question. :) If it's a frequently asked question, we'll add it to the faq.

9. hockeybrianboy

hockeybrianboy Got Your Back

Will versions of Windows other than 10 work for the Xbox Play Anywhere? Will other versions of Windows not get the cross platform capability etc?

Cejao, shawnf23 and SonicSonedit like this.
  10. Undead Nicole

That's an MS question, I'm afraid. I believe however, that it only works with Windows 10

Cejao likes this.
  11. Furie

Furie Here To Help

I have a few questions.

Has the Influence/Fame system changed at all or do the things I do as "Guy who died weeks ago" still make "Newbie" more respected by the community? It sounds like a goals system has replaced some part of this, elevating characters to more respected positions in the community and giving them bonuses that others won't have, but this may well be running in tandem with an updated system.

Are human enemies something we'll have to take care of in combat at any point, and are they tied together into some big enemy faction of ragtag groups of raider types?

If we kidnap Jeff (which I would never do, just in case he happens to go missing around my home town area), when is the best time to mail body parts in order to get playable code?

Will we be able to hunt wildlife this time around? I know it was one of the big features wanted last time, and it'd be great to try and take down a deer for a ruck of meat, or a wild dog for a quick meal.

How about more options to tune our game? Things like the Breakdown mode level additions (larger hordes, no cars, tougher specials) but as specific sliders or toggles for us to set up game that really suits us and the experience we want.

Will we see new specials or new types/abilities of existing specials? An example might be pack behaviour in Ferals when they come across each other, or Armoured Zeds that you can knock the helmet off with decent shots or melee attacks.

Can we customise the cars in any way? Paint jobs would be nice, but actual tricking out (from pimped rides to Mad Max style armour and weapons) in a decent workshop would be insane.

Will we see more dynamic events that hint at life beyond Trumbull County? Examples here would be cars or RVs that show up where there were none before, surrounded by dead bodies or with new survivors holding out while someone works on the engine. This sort of survivor passing through scenario, amongst others, would help the game stay dynamic even in areas you know inside out so I'd love to see things like that show up.

Can we have forum member corpses in the game, hidden away but holding humorous notes that explain how we met our ends (usually in a futile pursuit of pie, because we're awesome)?

Will we run into any of the Life After Zombies characters and will their diaries be placed in the game in some places?

And finally, two very important words: Dog companion?

12. StupidZombie

StupidZombie Got Your Back

Sorry if I ask too much but:
    • Will there be friendly/hostile dogs in the game? What about chickens, cows, pigs, and maybe even horses which could be used for transportation?
    • Can you create weapons? Not like dead rising, but something like putting nails in a bat.
    • Will there be more in depth relationships such as dating and marriage that will add more character?
    • Along with powerhouse and reflexes, are there any new personal skills that have new moves?
    • Will there be a large variety of traits? Stuff like surfer, drug addict, etc. that would make the characters more believable.
    • Can you find clothes out in the world to give your survivors different appearances?
    • Will there be different types of vehicles such as semi trucks, boats, bikes, motorcycles, and maybe helicopters that only certain people could fly?
    • Do you know how many home sites there will be? The drive-in looks sweet and it would be cool if there were malls, mansions, police stations, schools, hospitals, etc.
    • Will a breakdown mode be included with the game or will it be excluded or made into a dlc.
    • Without giving too much away, could you say how big the map is, compared to the original and/or other games? Also, will it be strictly rural or more suburban and urban areas?
    • Any new facilities? Maybe a barn for animals, blacksmith to make swords, and a place to modify cars because I thought I saw a muscle car with bars on the windows in the trailer.
    • Will the dialogue be more in depth with more questions and answers depending on the survivors personality.
    • And last but not least, will there be another lily type person to tell us what is happening?
    Again, sorry if I made this too long. If you don't want to answer any because of spoilers, then that's okay.

13. SirRight

SirRight Got Your Back

ah, to troll the human enemies by kiting a big'un over to their camp!

MrStrange, Cejao, Misaki and 4 others like this.
  14. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

(1) How big is the map compared to SoD 1?

(2) Will I have access to my base and/or community when I join a friends game?

(3) Can I trade supplies with a friends group?

MrStrange, Cejao, Vers and 5 others like this.
  15. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

what engine did you use this time ? (it looks awesome )
    and how much money do I need to throw at the screen?

MrStrange, mystyk, Cejao and 6 others like this.
  16. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Oh, one question that I mist bring up. Will there be hostile enclaves this time around? @Undead Nicole

Cejao, M >>>, XzerothreeX and 2 others like this.
  17. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Are you building for expandability this time around? The last game squoze pretty much everything out of the 360 and then went and added a load of changes and new features to make it even better. They were welcome features, but the performance did suffer even on the Xbox One version. So I'm wondering if having additions to the base game is something that's being planned from the beginning.

Do we get to sit on the watchtower, drinking beer and swapping stories with other community members on watch, while sniping zombies as a mission type?

How big is the team working on SOD2 compared to the twelve to twenty that worked on the first game?

MrStrange, Cejao, Vers and 2 others like this.
  18. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

1. ) What engine will the game run?
    2. ) So you can manage your own base but what if you or more own the same one?
    3. ) Is there a new Lilly?
    4. ) do we have to put one of our friends as leader?
    Find out on the next dragon ball z

19. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

Actually the original SoD was an Xbox Live arcade game, and being so restricted it's size to 2gigs max. But, what Undead Labs managed to cram into 2gigs is amazing, and it managed to break sales records regardless of its minor bugs and flaws. It sold so good it got ported over to Xbox One, but it was STILL just a port (hence the bugs on X1) This new SoD2 game however is on a whole new engine, and isn't restricted to 2 gigs. I have faith that this game is going to be amazing.

20. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

One simple question here: about the co-op mode, can you and your friends play guys in the same community?
    Or does each player have its own community?