State of Decay 2 FAQ

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 13, 2016.

1. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I kind of hope not. The unexpected spectacular crash can be quite entertaining. The tricycle hidden in two feet of grass could really spice things up.

2. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

"God dammit, those parents should've picked up after their children". To be honest, I've never flipped a vehicle from a tricycle.

MrStrange, Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  3. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Oh, you are missing out. Hauling ass around in the police cruiser, siren blaring, drawing an infestation outside for a rear bumper cleanup. Hit that little bike at full steam and catapult the car. You'll be ejected while the car is still mid-air and dropped into a swarm of the undead. Test your melee abilities!

MrStrange, Bob Crees, Dantron and 2 others like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Hi I have a question that may have already have been asked and answered. Will I be able to create my own character?

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  6. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

The answer is no.

The game is focused on community, not one character.

7. Corwyhn

Corwyhn Here To Help

Quote from the gamespot review E3 this year "At the beginning of the game, players will pick their character from an assortment of randomly created individuals."

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  8. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've read four different reviews and they all had the exact same characters (names, skills, everything was identical). I haven't heard Jeff or Foge state that yet and they're my truthers (yeah, that's a word now).

MrStrange, Bob Crees, rebel36 and 2 others like this.
  9. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Do you have link for these reviews? These reviews could of all been at the same event covering the same demonstration.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  10. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

My understanding of it was that they were watching a demonstration, so I'm guessing they were all watching the same one.

The links are in here:

https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/e3-2017-press-roundup.53585/#post-816446

Bob Crees, rebel36 and XzerothreeX like this.
  11. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

I need to clarify on my last post. They were shown the same demonstration and were told that at the start of the game you will pick from a pool of randomly generated characters.

It seems only Gamespot mentions this feature as perhaps the others either failed to note it or deemed it not a major factor to include in their respective articles.

12. MrStrange

MrStrange Got Your Back

Thanks Kid for the link.

Bob Crees, Kid Kayole and XzerothreeX like this.
  13. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

Maybe you don't really "pick" it on a selection screen and it's more like when you start a new Breakdown with a random survivor and the game just picks one up randomly

14. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Seems you're right. I finally found one that clearly stated:
    and this one also stated the exact same circumstances occurred. Seems some journalism doesn't require disclosure of hands-on or hands-off.

Edit: You too, @Vanilla (Didn't mean to exclude you originally.)

15. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

That's okay @YojimBeau . At the end of the day we should take all information from the press with a pinch of salt. Features can be changed or removed in the development phase. Nothing is really concrete unless UL deems it so.

16. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

This link is now dead, can you revive it? @Undead Nicole
    [​IMG]

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  17. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Works for me.

upload_2017-6-17_23-15-57.png

18. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Got Your Back

19. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn Starting Off

Weeeelllll... you might not always start Breakdown with the first random character that pops up. You might restart a few times until you have a decent starting character. So, while you'll never be able to "make" your own character, you can kind of shop around a little and you can definitely open up heroes or NPC type characters and then play with the ones you really like.

Do you think you have time to bang? I mean, with undead trying to tear your face off and a dozen desperate survivors hot-bunking in the same room, are you going to be courting and wooing romantic interests?

While the realistic answer is "Yes" and "Re-watch Enemy at the Gates" for an example of how strong the drive is, I think the focus of the game is on raw survival. What happens in the bunkhouse probably stays in the bunkhouse.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
    Doomen Gloom likes this.
  20. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Romantic issues happen while you are away from the base. Look at all the pop-ups that happen while you are out scavenging.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Doomen Gloom and Dbomb 12 like this.