State Of Decay 2 Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJB204, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Felio

Felio Here To Help

Transparency and clarity about the game systems. I don't want to ever feel the need to restart after learning how something works.

Also, a more renewable world. No matter how badly you screw up, there should always be a way back. While you might technically be able to crawl your way up from 1 injured survivor, most resources looted, no outposts, and dwindling supplies, I think we can agree it isn't very reasonable in SOD1, especially with the simulation further punishing you. Playing should always be preferable to restarting. It seems obvious when you put it like that.

That also means no timed story missions. I think the one to save Ed is probably OK because there are cues it may be timed and you get a lot of time, but it must be used very sparingly, if at all. The mission to rescue Jacob and Eli manages to have a sense of urgency without having a timer.

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. 3 save slots that's all folks... please

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
    Goonie likes this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I enjoy it when you are 'punished' for your mistakes. The last time I played 'Being slightly drunk at the time', I lost two of my focus aim Survivors due to taking risks.

Backpacker Lee, Felio and rebel36 like this.
  4. solitary mode (survivor mode) or comunitary mode.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Felio

Felio Here To Help

Well, yeah. And I would keep the permadeath. I would just provide a more of a safety net in other ways. Let the game designers work out the details. I don't think they even want mine, let alone need them.

I'm not someone who would like, come up with a new weapon idea and provide a complete list of its stats, plus art and sound ideas and back story. I would just say, "Hey, we could use a weapon that could fill this role. This is a thing that seems missing."

Don't we have four? Or do you mean you want to be able to rewind to an earlier save?

Something I would like is for the game to save during missions. If there is a good reason for it not to, it has not occurred to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Most missions do not last long, so is there a need for it?

7. Felio

Felio Here To Help

I like being able to take my time with it. If it's meant to force a sense of urgency, it feels like a cheap way to go about it. Like they're holding my progress hostage.

Another issue with it is that I could be playing along, and boom, I get put on a mission. Now I have to decide whether to quit playing or play it through to the end, which I may not have time for. And I don't know for sure unless I've done it before.

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. Necrotic Eradicator

Necrotic Eradicator Here To Help

Just one i can think of at the moment, i would love it if in Co-op play . . if one of your friends get killed by zeds (I'm not sure if you can revive them or not) that they have a chance to change and come after you, or you can choose to put them out of their misery with a couple of metal sleepers to the head.

Maybe you even have a small chance of getting infected yourself after being bitten, maybe a timer to get medicine for your co-op pal might be fun?

What you guys think?

Backpacker Lee, Rock33B and Bob Crees like this.
  9. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The only Mission that does annoy me, is the Missing Person one, especially if the person missing is someone that you wish to keep. Driving around looking or waiting for the green icon to appear, can take too long sometimes.

Rock33B likes this.
  10. Felio

Felio Here To Help

Include survivor inventory when counting community assets. Lily just started complaining we don't have enough guns for everyone. Uh, yeah we do, Lil. We are carrying them because we don't want to get eaten.

11. Felio

Felio Here To Help

Cap the simulation at 1 day. I like seeing what my little pets did while I was asleep (in fact I would appreciate a summary), but I see no value in it going any longer. After that it's just a punishment for not playing. I have read the statements that the effect of cumulative days is very small, but I just don't see a point to it being there at all. Why have a slightly negative thing if you don't have to?

Backpacker Lee and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

Its worst when its someone you want to keep or someone who took good stuff from the locker cause if you dont do anything you will never see them again.

Felio and Bob Crees like this.
  13. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

I would love to see freak varations like female ferals and jugernauts,Darker skinned ferals as well as ones with different clothing like one that looks like the concept art one or one with torn up vest

Bob Crees likes this.
  14. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Yes, but...

[​IMG]

rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  15. xGbHx

xGbHx Got Your Back

Relationships between survivors in your community, like if 2 survivors are dating or if 2 despise each other. Say 1 of the people in the relationship die and they were dating, it would hurt the other more than anyone else and depending on their traits, they could have a higher chance to commit suicide.

Backpacker Lee, Bob Crees and Liam X like this.
  16. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

in the story line I would love to see maya and ed become a thing or marcus and lily

Backpacker Lee and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Necrotic Eradicator

Necrotic Eradicator Here To Help

I suppose if there are going to be relationships in the game . . we may have to consider also adding a “Love tent” to the buildable outside structures list . . . ;-). I don’t want all my survivors to be kept awake . . ha ha.

Bob Crees and Liam X like this.
  18. Felio

Felio Here To Help

"I don't want to put my mouth on trouble, but I think our defenses here are pretty solid."

"You can put your mouth on my ----."

Edit: was that too crass? An alternative would be "I have something solid for you to put your mouth on."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Liam X likes this.
  19. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Got Your Back

Fuel needs to play a bigger role in this game, it should actually be used to refuel the traps in outposts as well as cars and there should be generators keeping the electricity on, those require fuel as well.
    Fuel was so trivial in the original, you picked it up when there was literally nothing else around and you just wanted to fill up the truck.
    Each outpost should require fuel for its own traps too, the whole '1 gallon of gas will provide you unlimited safety for this entire session' was convenient for sure, but far from realistic

20. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I would like to find books to add to the library