State Of Decay 2 Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJB204, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Kiya12352

Kiya12352 Got Your Back

Since the hardware and systems used to make state of decay 2 are much better and more advanced than the original game I'm hoping that the game can handle having 40 survivors in a community. given there seems to be over 100 different survivors in the game, it would be nice to be able to maintain a community of such high numbers without having performance issues. Though the performance issues are highly understood. I once had around 42 survivors in a community and it was too much for the game to process so it just wouldn't load into the game and I had to restart my save. That also brings us how there should be multiple save slots for each game mode (assuming break down will be making a return) it sucks being a console player and not having the ability to have multiple save games like PC players can.

Bob Crees, Vers and GEO THUNDER like this.
  2. ali jones

ali jones Starting Off

Aircraft carrier floating around the sea, with zombies on it and being able to clear and make a base on it. helicopters and military boats could be used.

LiNanMian1984, Bob Crees and Dbomb 12 like this.
  3. I just wanted to state really quick that I'd really, really like an option for a permanent multiplayer map. As is you get together with your friends and you start a game together on the same map. To start this should just be co-op. They can do almost everything you can, but only the creator will have the authority to move the base or whatever other powers you think only one person should have. As the game is polished and fixed, this could lead into counter-op multiplayer where players start on the same map, but settle their own bases. They could then either work together or against each other.

Main thing: I just want to play on the same map as my friends, build the same base with them, survive alongside them.

LiNanMian1984 and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

LiNanMian1984 likes this.
  5. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Got Your Back

The thing is, wouldn't multiple save slots nullify the the game's signature feature, i.e., Permadeath?

6. Mercenaryman

Mercenaryman Starting Off

I believe Kiya meant the addition of save slots where you have can have multiple games going, with ironman still being enabled on each. Whenever I have a long running save sometimes I want a fresh start, but maybe wanna go back to my mega save later. :p

7. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Got Your Back

Oh, okay. So the idea is that you can get multiple game save slots (say 10), but it's ONE save slot per each individual game?

8. Mercenaryman

Mercenaryman Starting Off

Right. Or, at least, that's how I read it :)

9. Kiya12352

Kiya12352 Got Your Back

Yes if you've ever seen the pc version of state of decay the player is given 4 game slots. Meaning that you can have 4 different communities, in their own save games, so you're not forced to just have one.

10. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Got Your Back

My exposure to SoD -- or any game, for that matter -- on PC has been minimal. I've watched a few You Tube videos showing off PC SoD "mods," but none of them struck me as particularly dramatic . . . just SLIGHTLY modified, cheat-code-like variations (i.e., infinite ammo; infinite stamina and health) of the same base game that I've played, on and off, for the past four years. I recall clicking on a few vids that proclaimed to feature "The Walking Dead" mods, including playable avatars of Rick Grimes (cum Colt Revolver) and Daryl Dixon (cum Crossbow), but, while watching them, I saw no such avatars -- or their respective weapons. Click bait, I guess.

I DID have a programmer friend/roommate who tinkered around with the code of his X-Box One copy of "SoD YOSE" (via his custom-built 5K gaming PC) and managed to bring the zombie movement to a shambling crawl. Once in a while, multiple huge hordes of zombies might flicker a bit, but overall the Old School, Romeroesque, slow-moving zombie effect was cool as hell. And quite eerie. (So much so, I had always thought it a pity that UL never included an official 'Slow Zombie' mode.)

Anyway, maybe UL will grant you your extra save slots this time around, Kiya.

LiNanMian1984 and Bob Crees like this.
  11. Kiya12352

Kiya12352 Got Your Back

For people who haven't seen the post on the state of decay 2 facebook page, they are going to be releasing more information in January. The post said "The countdown to the new year has begun which means we are getting one step closer to the release of State of Decay 2. Come January be prepared to start seeing some new information, and visuals regarding State Of Decay 2. Let the 2018 Hype begin!"

12. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Every 500-ish person we run into is Lucy Cormeron. All the male voices in the game know her, we should get to meet her.

We also need to find out about Biker Steve.

13. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Lucy and Biker Steve should be heroes in Breakdown 2.

14. GEO THUNDER

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

Should be? They NEED to be in. If not, we will boycott the game immediately!
    /s

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Kiya12352

Kiya12352 Got Your Back

Yes, Lucy needs to be in the game or I'm revolting. Taking over UL. Taking over Microsoft.

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Um, yeah. Good luck with that...

Dbomb 12 and Bob Crees like this.