State Of Decay 2 Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJB204, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Got Your Back

The absence of kid-zombies from State of Decay never rankled me; in my narrative they were evacuated from Trumbull Valley within hours of the outbreak. It's a plausible explanation. Believable explanations aside, though, it's also understood by us SoD vets that UL made the artistic choice not to include undead children as cannon fodder. One needn't stretch one's brain too far to understand why. Who wants to dispatch kids (even if they're zombie kids) with a rifle or a knife? Not me. Not especially.

That said, I think it's a perfectly legitimate question (given the nature and extent of the outbreak), particularly when it's asked by newcomers to the franchise.
    Bob Crees likes this.
  2. zechs

zechs Here To Help

Any dying member should have options to be exiled, taken out and killed by a community member or giving the community a chance to talk it out and offer the chance of suicide and offering a weapon.

Could also be used strategically by using them to draw Zeds. The option would be nice.
    Bob Crees likes this.
  3. xTEKNIKLx

xTEKNIKLx Starting Off

I know it's late to the game but I literally just had a wish pop in my head:

A companion app to use while away from the game. Acts as a walkie-talkie-like device that lets you send hero's out to scavenge while you're away. If a hero gets into trouble, the app allows you to send 1 additional hero to help. It allows to start/cancel upgrades and, keep track of inventory and hero stats such as traits, infected status and health/stamina. See when friends are on and where in the world they are and send a hero to offer help which you would start as if you joined while in process. Etc.

That would be awesome!
    Bob Crees likes this.
  4. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Gmutant and Bob Crees like this.
  5. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

WISH: a message-board type forum so players of the old and new game could have a place to pool their discoveries and strategies. We could have guides and help topics people could easily find or be directed to.

Oh, wait. This is what I'm on. People don't use message boards.

Never mind, it was a silly idea.

Rooney and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

@Dunadain There is One Place to go - but you have to be worthy to join the Enclave:)
    Dunadain likes this.
  7. Hello all,new to forums and to state of decay in general(so mad i slept on this game this long lol) and im sure someone has already said it in the 50 or so pages of this thread...but please UL for the love of God i want complete control of my locker stash,NO MORE survivors taking stuff i havent myself equipped on them! lol

to quote one sam hoffman”dont take shit you havent earned”
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  8. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

Just make sure you fill up their inventory and they won't steal the best guns anymore.

If you want to be *really* stingy, verify that they have no backpack, and equip them with 4 bullets of different calibers.
    Bob Crees and GEO THUNDER like this.
  9. lol thats actually a helpful tip thank you,and hopefully they just flat out disable for SOD2
    Bob Crees likes this.
  10. Do we think there should be cosmetic clothing?
    Bob Crees likes this.
  11. hells to the yeah
    Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Jukka

Jukka Got Your Back

Love the game, but voices acting, lines, and music are incredibly repetitive in SoD1, hopefully 2 gets upgrades in these areas.

1) Voice Acting - unique voices for all the heroes, and much bigger variety for the NPCs
    2) Lines - for example in SoD 1, coming back to base to hear the same "what do ya got" line from Lily and "I don't know....stuff" line from every returning player gets old fast
    3) Music - SoD theme music is excellent, but maybe create a few extra background / ambiance tracks to mix things up a bit

Adding some variety to the weather, like thunderstorms, fog, and wind, would be nice.
    Bob Crees and GEO THUNDER like this.

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

In one of their twitch streams they confirmed like a dozen or so voices. Not including NPCS from other groups
    Bob Crees likes this.
  14. xGbHx

xGbHx Here To Help

Only around a dozen? So does that mean only around a dozen special survivors?
    Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Want bikes
    Want explosive arrowheads

Mostly, want STABLE framerate, don't much care what as long as it's over 30.
    duncanmacleod08, Bob Crees and xGbHx like this.
  16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Just want some more information.
    duncanmacleod08 and xGbHx like this.
  17. xGbHx

xGbHx Here To Help

This is also my primary wish atm
    duncanmacleod08 and Bob Crees like this.
  18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I would be happy with some more Screen Shots. Though not sure where they would be posted?
    xGbHx likes this.
  19. xGbHx

xGbHx Here To Help

If only they had a forum or something That would let everyone know when news is coming
    Dunadain, Sailorwolf and Bob Crees like this.
  20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Oh a Forum - So someplace where people could go to chill out and read up on new things at their leisure? Maybe a comfy chair, glass of Brandy and a Cigar?
    Gmutant, Rooney and Sailorwolf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.