State of Decay doesn't open at all!

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by dyltwon, Apr 16, 2017.

1. I have asked many users on steam about a fix but nothing, reinstalling vcredist, reinstalling the game, verify the game cache but nothing works plz help! I used to be a to play the game.

Attached Files:

2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm having a hell of a time getting your dxdiag to pop. It just wants to show me the previous one that I looked at. :(

If it's not the same system, please check this to see if you meet minimum system reqs - https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

I just posted his Dxdiag @Undead Nicole. Maybe you will be able to see it from my posting? Maybe not. Thought I'd try haha.

Attached Files:

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. Undead Nicole

5. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Ahh sorry for the late response @Undead Nicole. Can confirm though, this is the same one.

6. Undead Nicole

If you are still having these issues, I need you to give me your dxdiag please. If need instruction on how to find it, just type dxdiag in your search bar and then save it as a txt file.

7. I am having the same issue. I bought the YOSE Edition and was able to play it for a few days, then it stopped working. I reinstalled as well as tried all of the suggestions to no avail. It acts like it is loading, then pops to desktop with an error. Attached is my dxdiag.

Attached Files:

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

@Surrealismm - Welcome to the Forums:) Hopefully @Undead Nicole will be able to help:)

9. Undead Nicole

When you say you tried all of the suggestions, I'm sorry I'm going to have to run through a list.

I see that you've got another game crashing. Did this start happening around the same time?
    Do you have the most recent vcredist?
    Did you recently update your GPU drivers? Have you tried rolling them back ?
    Do you have your Nvidia card set as default GPU?
    Have you tried running as an administrator?

Bob Crees likes this.
  10. Thank you for the response. I had done everything except roll back the drivers. I went through the list one more time and manually ran the StateofDecay.exe as admin. Screen went black, got kicked to desktop and then after a few more seconds the game loaded up. Funky work around, but I can live with it.

Thanks again.

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Hello,

Got a very similar problem here, you can see below what I wrote on the Steam forum also :

"Hello,

I know it's a known subject however I have tried many ways to make the game lauch without success :

1. Unstall it and re-install ;
    2. Unstall steam and re-install ;
    3. Verify the cache file ;

Please anyone could help here ?

I could not find any e-mail address from the developer so may be one of you might give it to me thanks."

Apologies but could you help me please ?

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Raldri likes this.
  13. Hello,

Thanks but I think it's better to create a new post may be more clear, so see @Undead Nicole on the other post. Sorry.

Bob Crees likes this.