State of Decay: Lifeline

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I created an account just to say that I'm sure Lifeline will be awesome, and damn your eyes all for making SoD/Breakdown so addictive!

2. I bought State of Decay the very first day it came out last year after anxiously waiting for it to be posted on Xbox Marketplace after reading about it in an issue of Game Informer. I wasn't disappointed to say the least, and did the very same thing when State of Decay: Breakdown came out right before Christmas of last year. I have full faith that Undead Labs will pump out another hit with State of Decay: Lifeline and I'll be anxiously waiting for this one to hit the shelves. Great job and thank you for creating a game that keeps on giving. Cheers.

3. gman3d

gman3d Got Your Back

I agree... I find myself saying... I'll just check on SOD for a minute... then realize I'm still playing 4 HOURS LATER!!! C'mon Lifeline and TU5

4. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

No, it most likely won't be, because it's a separate mode on a separate map.

5. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

What I think could possibly happen IF they connect the vanilla story and lifeline is this.... Your the military, and at one point on a story mission you find these jackasses who blew up your wall! Could make sense, I doubt it'll happen though.

6. gish

gish Got Your Back

Then Marcus will kill them all

7. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

Exactly! :)

8. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

I just looked at the details of the DLC on the news feed.
    I am about to blow up with excitement! It sounds awesome!
    Take my money now!!!!!!

Undead Nicole likes this.
  9. seth protheroe

seth protheroe Starting Off

I cannot wait until new dlc is released i will then purchase it as soon as possible i love state of decay and breakdown and i hope this one is epic like the others keep up the good work undead labs.

10. Dinger

Dinger Got Your Back

By the time the orginal (Marcus') group of survivors blew the wall it was all over bar the eating, with the city beyond the Fairfield pass a smoking ruin the military by that point wouldn't have been in position to care.

Based on the info we have and assuming that Danforth is the city beyond the Fairfield pass I'd look at it more as though the stories are running almost simultaneously, with Lifeline preceeding the original by 7-10 days or so. The connecting story could read something like:

The initial outbreak (or outbreaks) occurs in and/or around the Trumbull Valley, how and why we still don't know. But one such outbreak occurs in Danforth, probably within 24-48 hours of Z-hour, the first reported attack. By the time anyone in charge realises exactly what's going on it's already far too late, but nobody knows it, yet. The army are deployed and respond with everything they have in the area but it isn't enough, The forces deployed to Danforth manage to check the initial spread of the infection through the city, in the process rescuing a large number of civilians including a number of scientists now desperatly trying to figure out a way to stop what is being called the Black Fever.

Unfortunately time is against them, every human lost to the Zed becomes another Zed to fight, and slowly but surely the army begin to lose ground. Despite their best efforts the Trumbull Valley units are finally overrun, the remnants while pulling out blockade the Fairfield pass behind them. They know that in so doing they are trapping a large group of survivors in the valley who have rallied together under the command of a man named Marcus Campbell, no doubt the surviving military commanders are hoping that the sacrifice will be worth it if they can contain the Zed within the valley. It is quite possibly given the lack of outside communication that these units are totally unaware that the Zed are already behind their lines, and that the retreat to Danforth will be paved in blood. Those who survive the retreat will find and link up what little remains of the Danforth force dug in at the last remaining landing zone outside the city limits still under military control, determined to keep this last lifeline to the fallen city open in order to resuce as many survivors as possible.

The question is will anyone still be there by the time Marcus Campbell's group reaches Danforth having successfully escaped the Trumbull Valley?

Nengtaka likes this.
  11. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

If I'm controlling them, the military will still be there. No signs of zombies for miles, either.

IllBlazer likes this.
  12. IllBlazer

IllBlazer Got Your Back

Kudos brah. good story. That is basically how I see it also to sum it up. I can't understand one thing though. For the life of me.... why is there only one way out of Trumbull Valley, even the small town I grew up in had at least 3 roads leading out. Not to mention other numerous back roads and trails etc. Anyone else agree?? I mean c'mon....

13. gman3d

gman3d Got Your Back

I agree, but it is a game and for the reason of keeping it local I understand why they did that... also considering there are way more zombies in the game than could have POSSIBLY populated this one city, the zombies are wandering aimlessly and falling into the valley they can't get out of;)

14. niftyeye

niftyeye Got Your Back

I would imagine they will ramp up the difficulty or density of zombies because you are much closer to a large city, in the first couple of levels of breakdown I have pretty much made the area around my home base a large safe zone with traps and defenses all over the place, any hordes or infestations quickly get taken out by me and a couple of other survivors armed with rifles, for any larger problems I have a couple of vehicles to use, in other words it becomes quite easy until you decide to load up the RV.

If you imagine playing as an entire unit of maybe around 30 odd soldiers (even more if you can call in support and I would imagine you have to work alongside other units as well at first) they need to really throw hordes and hordes of zombies at you, it is ground zero of the infection after all.

I'm sure they know what they are doing, but if a couple of rag tag survivors can fortify and defend a fairly large area (especially with outposts everywhere) then surely the US Military will have a good chance as well? At least at first while the chain of command is still working.

I just hope they don't fall into the cliche of making the military look useless and using idiotic tactics, like so many other games do, I'm looking at you Resident Evil and Dead Rising 2 :p

They have my full support and hope for this, excuse the wall of text but I'm very excited :D

TenaciousMarine likes this.
  15. Dreadalus

Dreadalus Got Your Back

It sounds like they'd have to crawl over Geoffrey's lifeless (clutching, biting, crawling) corpse to do that, Niftyeye.

"In zombie fiction, the military is often the go-to badguy. They’re the hammer to which every problem is a nail, blindly mowing everything down to serve some unknown goal.

"But this view is fairly one-sided and naïve. On the State of Decay team, we have a different perspective (some of us firsthand) — the military is made up of many good men and women who stand on the line that divides safety and civilization from chaos and war."

http://undeadlabs.com/author/geoffrey/

mudster, Kid Kayole and Undead Nicole like this.
  16. DarkKat48

DarkKat48 Got Your Back

Excited about the new map and host of new features. Been really enjoying Breakdown and hopefully maybe the new map can be added to its rotation of places you go to if you own both DLCs.

17. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

Lifeline will not integrate with Breakdown or Vanilla.

18. DarkKat48

DarkKat48 Got Your Back

I figured they wouldn't thus I said hopefully. It would of been nice to travel somewhere new in the RV but understand that would of been a much harder and bigger scoped undertaking. It is still a really fun DLC regardless.

19. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

I got my MS Point card today!!
    Take my money and give me Lifeline!!

20. That is exactly what iv been waiting for! I'm so happy! Finally the RV can actually go somewhere :)