State of Decay: One Year

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

From Jeff's letter to you, the greatest community online:

"More than merely being thankful to you for making State of Decay a success, I want you to know that it’s a genuine pleasure to make games for you guys. You’ve fueled us up over the past year, and now we’re off building the future of State of Decay...and we sure as hell don’t intend to let you down."

Whole post: http://undeadlabs.com/2014/06/news/state-of-decay-year-one/

2. NeoXCS

NeoXCS Got Your Back

It has been a wonderful year! I'm so happy for your success. You have always been here for the fans. Your hard work and passion has made something that I waited my whole life for. I was one of the people sitting at my Xbox waiting for release. I actually had it pop up on the computer first and started the download immediately. I lurked the forums for so long before I even joined them. Congratulations on SoD and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Also my Marcus died on the morning after the first day because of a feral outside the church. Nobody came to save poor Marcus right outside the gate. It is both a bad memory, and a great one. This game is truly a game for zombie fans.

3. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

I was so excited the day State of Decay was released! I can remember that so vividly, I got it right when it was available on the xbl arcade. I too have been with you guys since before the release and I love how open you all have been throughout this whole crazy development process. I have had countless hours now playing this beastly game and look forward to many more!

Happy Birthday State of Decay!! I'm freaking looking forward to see how it evolves from here on!

Here's to the future, Undead Labs! :) *bloody zed thumbs up*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

[​IMG]

There aren't enough Sam and Dean Gifs in the world to express my love for this company. I saw this game a month or so before release and boy did it catch my eye. A zombie game where you actually could build your own base, find your own things and do everything any zombie fan ever wanted to do. I fell in love with the game and bought it on release date, no demo played because I knew it was going to be amazing. And it was. It is only getting better and better as time goes on.

Then there is this community. August 13th I believe was the date I joined, and I have not looked back since. I am just so happy to be a part of a community that is both mature and considerate, an actual helpful forums compared to what I have been on before. This is my favourite place on the internet and the only one I have ever stayed with. I cannot express how good and nice everyone here is to everyone else.

I love you Undead Labs, please carry on being the zombie badasses you are. You deserve it all.

[​IMG]

5. Kamiel

Kamiel Got Your Back

State of Decay has ruined my love life with my wife. SHE hates that I think about saving my community than spending time with her. Although she did kill off Marcus, Maya and have the base over ran when I tried to get her to play it. I told her it was the Sims with Zombies! :)
    Love this game and can't wait for more DLC and whatever is next from Undead Labs.

6. I never rage quit SoD or Breakdown... but when I lost Kilo in Lifeline, that was a rage quit.

7. We're the ones to thank for all you hard work. Thank you Undead Labs for everything. Love you all!

8. Shyer

Shyer Here To Help

The thing I love most about this company is that you lovely people take the time to listen to your fans! And the fact that you also immortalize some of the forum members (I.e Dantron) into the game via easter eggs.

Plus Alan Gunderson.

9. zedflakes

zedflakes Starting Off

You rock UL . Happy birthday and props on the best game I have ever purchased. I know where I'll be when your next game is released...... waiting to get my hands on it seconds afterwords.

10. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

Man, that article is amazing! Kudos Jeff. I still remember when I first saw State of Decay - my brother showed me on his Xbox (and I felt rather annoyed because I don't have one). :p When it appeared for the PC I bought it on day one and fell in love with it immediately. I was hooked (despite being initially rather dreadful at it!) My enthusiasm for the game and UL grew and it ultimately led me...well, here! Despite my many years as a gamer, no game ever inspired me to get involved on the forums before.
    What an amazing year. Glad to have been along for the ride. I♥UL!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SoD!!

11. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame Famous

Happy birthday UL :) Despite initially modest means, you created a superb and revolutionary game, and perhaps even more importantly, you put together this wonderful community. I don't think any other studio in the world can boast a comparable achievement.

I'm so happy to be a small part of all this, now and for yet many more years to come :)

12. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Happy Birthday! *Starts Singing Happy Birthday, then notices everyone staring at me* (Plot Twist: I'm on a Train) GFB_13_SCA6AMERBTY_CH1837_W1_SQ.jpg

13. Hardfighter7

Hardfighter7 Here To Help

happy birthday to State of Decay my most favorite zombie survival game of all-time (besides telltale's the walking dead). here's to many more cheers!

14. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Happy birthday guys. I've been invested in you all since way back in February 2010 (or was it 2011? Whenever the first media announcement was) because you guys got what other zombie game creators don't. To see the game getting as much acclaim as it deserves is great, but to see the company having so much ahead of it is better. Here's to the next few years and whatever else you guys have for us.

15. LetsPlayCatGaming

LetsPlayCatGaming Got Your Back

The best twelve months of gaming I've ever experienced, here's to twelve more! The future is bright, the future is dead.

16. Codename #BabyZombieOne
    Happy birthday Everybody.

17. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

First off I just wanted to say this in a calm and collected manner. @Furie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Now that that's out of the way. Exactly one year and a day ago I was playing State of Decay for the first time. I was going through the tutorial pumped up as I could ever be collecting, scavenging, killing, shooting, surveying, driving off a bridge I didn't see was destroyed and into a river. So on and so forth. I finally made it to the Church where I decided to take Maya Out scavenging a bit. I go to the house right next to the Church and make a loud noise. I had no idea what was happening until I saw little red dots everywhere I panicked. I tried running out of the house but was taken down immediately and was ripped in half...That is how I knew I was hooked.

Undead Labs made a game that never held your hand, it just told you what to do and that was it. I can honestly say I have never put this much time into a video game before, including the Triple A title Skyrim, which is saying something. Undead Labs is a company that truly does care about their community and wants to give us everything we want in a Zed Apocalypse. If something goes wrong in development, they will tell us, if things are going great, they will tell us. They are a very transparent company and it is the best thing I ever thought. We laughed and joked a hell of a lot during and after development and I can say the Twitch stream is a perfect example :).

UL, you guys have given me the greatest moment of my life and I can thanks you every single day of the week and it will still feel like I'm not saying enough. Undead Labs you have become my second family. The forum has become my 3rd home . (Second being those Pie Trucks.) and I wish you guys all the luck in the world. I trust you guys to make more kickass stuff and just take the zombie filled world over. Congrats on the one year anniversary of State of Decay, and thank you for everything you've done. :)

-E5futter.

18. This was a triumph. I'm leaving a note here, huge success.

19. Stealth666ninja

Stealth666ninja Got Your Back

Happy birthday/anniversary to you guys and the best wishes for the future. :)

20. I thought this is a topic about a new DLC entitled "One Year". :p

Anyway, greetings from ME with LOVE. ;)

Great game, great Undeadlabs staff and great community! Cheers! :)