State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Improvements

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 6, 2015.

1. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Whhaaaat? I thought you guys were just fixing issues. I would have been happy with just being able to melee zeds successfully. Now theres vehicle repair and increased difficulty? (I thought this increased difficulty was a joke.) I could kiss you undead labs. Also work cannot end fast enough now.

ragnar482 and Undead Nicole like this.
  2. I did up my update and can't tell a difference in anything. Do I have to start a completely new game to see it? (I'm playing Breakdown)

3. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

What level are you on?

4. I just restarted the other day for the heck of it and am only on level 4.

5. Undead Nicole

If you're talking about difficulty, you won't see an increase yet. You're still in the "this is easy, breezy" phase of the game. You'll see the normal bump til 11 and then things start getting insane.

6. Oh sorry, I meant the car repair stuff and other stuff.

7. Mr XBob

Mr XBob Got Your Back

I'm glad I waited almost 7 months for a patch that actually made the framerate worse.

Congratulations. Uninstalled. I don't have high hopes for the next game...

8. Undead Nicole

I was able to get to the car repair menu but I didn't have the mats available. Click on the parking slots in your homebase menu. It should pop up with what you're able to do.

9. Ok cool, thank you for your help!

Bob Crees likes this.
  10. Undead Nicole

You are so welcome. :) Have fun!

shutch06 and Cejao like this.
  11. jpsled

jpsled Starting Off

Ok, I'm on level 37 but have yet to see any special infected roaming. I only see them if I do a hunt mission for them.

12. immortalslayer

immortalslayer Starting Off

Something is very wrong with the update on Xbox One. I downloaded the 3.8 GB patch, then tried to boot the game up. Then it said I needed another 1058 MB patch, and it refuses to download, the installation stop every time. Suddenly I was able to boot up the game. i went into Breakdown, pressed down on the D Pad, and ALL of my challenge bonuses were gone. All of them. Slightly panicked, I pressed start and chose exit game, where it completely froze. I had to shut it down. Now it wants me to download that 1058 patch again, but it just stops, and refuses to install no matter what I do. If I loose all my saves and challenge bonuses I will be devastated.

13. After the update in Breakdown I can't build outposts and call in drone strikes or scavengers etc... is this part of the update?

DJB204 likes this.
  14. Wayne

Wayne Here To Help

I did not find any Easter eggs, (I think I saw something that was not there before, but I have to check some earlier videos to be sure of it.) but I did have fun streaming level 78. First look post patch was pretty good. I experienced much better hit detection and only two cases of ghosting. So my first look gets 2 thumbs up. I will find out more on Friday nights stream when I do levels 79+.

15. jpsled

jpsled Starting Off

Your challenge bonuses should be there. You need to hit right on the d padafter you press down on the dpad.

As for the stubborn update. I had the same issue. So try and uninstall the Breakdown portion of the game only. Then re install it.

16. Undead Nicole

They'll likely pop up in the next level for you.
    That's a delivery issue. I've got a query into QA about it. You may have to contact Xbox Support on this, but let me see if I can find something first. :)
    Are you on PC or Xbox?
    I'm really glad that you're enjoying it Wayne. :)

17. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

The new easter eggs are simply a couple of shout-outs that I'd added a year ago and didn't get into any previous patches. I actually cannot remember exactly what they were at this point, I know the wanted boards in the police station were updated though.

Wayne likes this.
  18. The_Bro

The_Bro Got Your Back

SoD was great, really liked it in spite of the glitches, then I buy YOSE, glitches still there, then the patch, new game mechanics and now new glitches. Really disappointed in this guys. I asked Steam for a refund on YOSE, only reason I waited this long was to check out this "patch" and I'm very disappointed. I think you guys would have done better to the community to just patch the original SoD rather than release a whole "new" product that was neither new, nor fixed the old glitches. Now this patch is following the same pattern. YOSE shouldn't have been a new product, I feel ripped off. Go back to SoD and fix that and kill YOSE. So much promise in this game unfulfilled.

19. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Saw the FB post about the new BD patch. Looks intimidating!

Is there a chance it will be 360 also? Would this be an always-on, or you can select 'hyper-difficulty' on new game?

20. Undead Nicole

This is always on. There isn't a slider for the difficulty. I'm afraid that this is also YOSE only.