State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Improvements

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Maynard_G_Krebs

Maynard_G_Krebs Starting Off

I just started playing this game the other night on my Xbox One. There are some glitches in the game for sure, but as a newcomer to this series, allow me to say that it is brilliant. Would a sequel enhance the experience? Undoubtedly. But, again, as someone who has never played this series prior, please let me thank you for creating a game that is so much closer to the hallowed ground of the zombie survival genre that has always been bogged down in FPSs and Resident Evil clones.

Great game. Flawed, but great game. Best of luck on your [REDACTED] project.

Vers, Beakie, Dantron and 1 other person like this.
  2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Thank you Maynard :)

Beakie and Maynard_G_Krebs like this.
  3. I got the erst in survival Edition Bit i cant install lifeline on my Xbox one

4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm going to leave this here. Ignore the bit about it being for discs (because it fixes downloadable content as well) and this should fix you -

When a user installs off of a disc, there are three packages that have to be installed in order for the game to work correctly:
    1. The Core Game
    2. Breakdown
    3. Lifeline

The current install order on disk asks for the Core Game to install first. We don’t have any way to force an install from the disc as a title is never aware of where the install came from (disc or digital download). This means that if you try to play the game before the installation is completely finished, you will interrupt the process. In-addition the console may attempt to download and install updates concurrently to the primary install, which can cause issues.

If the you have experienced an incomplete installation scenario, you should try performing the following:
    1. Remove YOSE disc
    2. Uninstall everything (Highlight YOSE > Press Menu Button > Manage Game > Manage All drop-down > Uninstall All)
    3. Disconnect the console from the internet, either by disconnecting wifi or the ethernet cable.
    4. Hard reboot console (hold the power button for 7 seconds).
    5. Insert the disc and allow it to install (still offline).
    6. DO NOT START GAME. Give the installation time to install all packages (still offline).
    7. Eject disc (still offline).
    8. Hard reboot console (still offline).
    9. Insert disc and wait for a few moments. If the DLC did not install during step [5] it will hopefully install now (still offline).
    10. Reconnect internet, launch YOSE and allow the game to update.

5. jpsled

jpsled Starting Off

Sorry UL. I have to agree on this one. I would have prefered performance overhaul rather than increased difficulty.
    I really enjoyed the original Xbox 360 version but
    the xbox one framerate especially around the back of the Alamo is just as bad as it was before the update. I thought these were issues that were being worked on.

I expect the occasional stutter when entering new areas as the game loads each area, but the Alamo area suffers the worst especially when fighting more than a handful of zed.

Beakie likes this.
  6. MAJOR WARPATH

MAJOR WARPATH Starting Off

I also thought that the performance issue (my god the framerate) was going to be addressed but it seems like alot of us were misslead because it was mostly the difficulty of breakdown that was being fixed. I don't play that mode so imagine this whole wait and they devote all that time on that instead of the much needed framerate issue. What's the point of better graphics when the performance of a game sucks. Hey look, the framerate and popin looks so glorious in 1080p. I'm sorry, it seems like most of my recent post are negative but you ever want something to be perfect when you love it so much. :( I guess that's the best they can do performance wise with that engine. Please use a different one for the next project, please.

Beakie and jpsled like this.
  7. jpsled

jpsled Starting Off

Thing is, My Lifeline runs pretty solid. Never had issues with that, so I don't think it's so much the engine. Just certain bugs, like the Alamo area and the burning house, which has been mentioned to UL, but they have not done anything. Overall, I think the xbox one version performs worse than it did on 360 :(

Beakie likes this.
  8. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

It might be that it's the xbone itself that's having a problem rendering those areas and not so much a texture or modeling error, so it may not be something that can even be fixed without knowing the root cause. I'm playing YOSE on a PC with components that are all 3-5 years old with 8 GB ram and have no performance issues aside from the occasional stutter when a bunch of new objects load all at once.

9. Genious

Genious Here To Help

There's still no movement on the bugs/performance issues? What about the moods getting stuck bug at least??

10. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

11. ronindanbo

ronindanbo Got Your Back

Piggy plays on XBONE Elite, SD hard disk makes the game smooth as bacon fat *OINK

KiLLerairmaN and Genious like this.
  12. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Mmmmmm bacon... Err, yes, Xbox One pride! ... Bacon...
    You just got me to play again. Thank you!!!

13. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Cancel that, I can no longer make outposts. Game effectively broken then. :/ Back into deep freeze, will check back in three months when fix released and I can actually play Breakdown without sitting on my base all day wasting supplies...

14. I watched WAYNEGSG play level 97 of Breakdown last Friday night, and was shocked to see how much trouble he ran into (he plays the PC version). Not only could he not fight at all (he could only shoot to kill the zeds), but the fact that his people kept going missing when he had no infestations that he could find on the map, or by going around looking, just added to his frustration. He would rescue a survivor, only to have that same person go missing within a few minutes of bringing him/her home. After 4 hours of this mess, he gave up and stopped the stream. We'll find out on Wed night (as this is one of his SOD streaming nights) if his missing people end up dead. If so, this is really terrible. All this mess happened after the most recent patch (or update). Wayne is one of the best SOD players and I would be really disappointed if he stops playing the game due to these issues. If he does, I really don't blame him. UL needs to do something to fix these issues, or many gamers will stop playing the game (myself included). This would be a real shame since he and I both really like SOD.

Beakie and Genious like this.
  15. Genious

Genious Here To Help

That is a shame. My only consolation was that I could still watch Wayne enjoy the tar out of this. :( Why was he unable to use melee weapons? Nevermind, I'll watch and find out. Thanks for the heads up and chipping in, good to know I'm not alone in having issues.

16. The melee issue started about two hours or so into his stream. All of a sudden, he couldn't kill anything with melee. Along with the stupidity of having to constantly go find missing survivors (only to have them go missing again and again), the fact that he couldn't melee kill anything got him so frustrated that he stopped the stream and exited out of the game. Since so many of his survivors were still missing, he may only have one to play with when he logs into the game again. It's obvious that the patch created some major problems. So much so, than many gamers will simply stop playing the game (myself included).

Beakie likes this.
  17. From waiting for a fix for this game since day one I can say now that I have given up. Just cause 3 and fallout 4 seem a bit more appealing. Thanks undead labs for the fun state of decay lasted for a week

Beakie likes this.
  18. xmass snow would be awesome, or fps improovements on XB1 core game would be awesome multiplayer or something for coop or just say WE ARE WORKING ON SOD2 for XB1 ?:D
    merry xmass and happy new year for the zombie team there....cheers from Hungarian Game Sound Designers... Hotelsinus Sound Design

19. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Everyone is having problems with the latest patch? It fixed everything for me. I couldn't melee things before the patch came out and had some other issues as well. Since the patch on PC everything has been running smooth for me.

20. It's been a while since I've really been in the forums; i sort of gave up when i realized that we weren't getting any new info any time soon. There is something I'd really like to see added to the games though, if by patch/update or featured in the next installation, and that is the ability to quick swap between weapons. I like to supply my more experienced community members with a rifle and backup sidearm-i think the game would flow better if, while aiming down the sights, i could press "Y" or any other unoccupied button to swap to my alternate weapon. It'd be cool to swap between the primary melee and backup knife as well.
    this might not be the correct thread for suggestions and i apologize.

Yellow likes this.