State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Improvements

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Cejao

Cejao Famous

me
    meh, they could do World after Nation. space things out, build up the fan base, create better worlds and new hype :)

2. I've always talked about the fact that even though The multiplayer or co-op option wasn't available in this game, Undead Labs has introduced a new one which is clearly invisible for many people...it's the "MultiSlayer" one! Just imagine how many Fun/Gun you have by/for killing Zeds! Everytime they give us more with these new monthly challenges!
    Two words girls/guys : #MultiSlayer and #ZedBusters !

Well, I think i should consider getting married as soon as possible...my Sons and Girls have the right to continue this awesome SOD adventure! What a waste it would be if i don't live to see the next Undead Labs Baby! Who will carry on with my Legacy (challenges)! I must find, save and marry a Princess.....which is to be continued...

rebel36, GoldenLight and XzerothreeX like this.
  3. Beakie

Beakie Got Your Back

thank you UL....

Cejao, rebel36 and XzerothreeX like this.
  4. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Welcome back, Beakie. Long time no see.

DeadK9Handler likes this.
  5. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

Oh!!! How about a Risk style game. Like Risk of Decay. Multiplayer coop (allies!!) Ah Dreams!!!!

XzerothreeX likes this.
  6. Alajeff

Alajeff Here To Help

I really really really hope they tone down the zombie ai reduce awareness. I was in a house after outrunning a zed in a room with a wall between the front door and what I was searching. The zed finally caught up but homing missiled right to where I was instead of standing there angry like it knows in here, but where? No it just bee lines right to my survivor and chomps. Not very realistic

That doesn't make the game difficult. The new difficulty is perfect and hardcore. It makes it super annoying. Sorry double post but I'm at a point where it's hard enough with this not happenening

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
    IllBlazer, Genious, Cejao and 4 others like this.
  7. Cejao

Cejao Famous

To avoid this issue, I always rotate my camera angle to face my backside so I can see the doorway when im searching a container and avoid a zed climbing up on my back. its not foolproof, but it does help alot. Also dropping a flare, firecracker, or whistling box mine is always a great way to rid yourself of nasty stragglers.

8. Alajeff

Alajeff Here To Help

Exactly what I do. It would be more immersive if you could actually hide without them drawing towards you magnetically

Cejao, DeadK9Handler and XzerothreeX like this.
  9. Moke727

Moke727 Starting Off

Here's a thought. What about weather and season effects to show a passage of time other than day and night?

IllBlazer, rebel36, Alajeff and 3 others like this.
  10. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Like rain and/or fog, during the night/day would add to the scariness factor
    Some extra scripts to make the trees sway and leaves blow around with "wind" during bad storms.
    Snow on the ground in winter time. Chance of hurricanes (thunder and lightning would be cool) during the summer time. :)
    Add more flowers to the grass in the spring time. Make smoke that can linger for awhile after using fire or explosives.

11. Moke727

Moke727 Starting Off

Exactly! What about a thunderstorm! Booming thunder and flashes of lightning!

Beakie, rebel36, Genious and 3 others like this.
  12. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I said something similar to that already when I mentioned the hurricanes.

Genious and ThatChristmaskid like this.
  13. Moke727

Moke727 Starting Off

Sorry. Read that part of your thread after I posted my reply.

ThatChristmaskid and Cejao like this.
  14. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Random lightning strikes that draw zeds. That would be awesome. Fighting a Jugg in the middle of a field and he gets wore out by a bolt. I'd adore that.

IllBlazer, Beakie, rebel36 and 4 others like this.
  15. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I don't wanna kill the happy glow happening here, but you guys know that we're fixing bugs, not adding new content, right? I just want to make sure I'm managing expectations and giving you information that is clear. :)

16. Cejao

Cejao Famous

But this stuff could appear in future games though couldn't it?

Couldn't y'all fix the mt tanner bridge in breakdown for the ranger station and make it a useable homebase? Pretty Please, Nicole?

Beakie, Moke727 and XzerothreeX like this.
  17. Yellow

Yellow Got Your Back

Cool, looking forward to see the said improvements in action!

Beakie, rebel36 and Cejao like this.
  18. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Also, make sure the SKS Survivor Rifle from the preppers pack gets fixed, it still eats my 40mm grenades.
    I load a grenade and then switch back to bullets, and 90% of the time when i enter combat use, firing bullets, and need the grenade. I switch over to the grenade launcher and pull trigger only to hear it go (click), and have to reload a fresh grenade into the chamber before I can use it, and this happens alot thus wasting precious grenades and making the feature on the rifle slow and hard to use. when it work like it is supposed to, its all good. but cant have my expensive grenades that you can only craft 3 of at a time, disappearing every 5 minutes from my gun barrel after I load one up.

NeoXCS, Beakie, Yellow and 2 others like this.
  19. Alajeff

Alajeff Here To Help

Pretty please ask about dialing down the zombies hearing or whatever trigger makes them heat seek you through buildings

Beakie, Yellow, XzerothreeX and 2 others like this.
  20. Moke727

Moke727 Starting Off

Understood. Just dreaming about Class 4.

Beakie, rebel36, Kid Kayole and 3 others like this.