State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Improvements

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Moke727

Moke727 Starting Off

My biggest gripe would be zeds clipping through closed doors and through vehicles. My second would be characters running home after zed hunts and getting killed en route when they could just jump in the car and ride home with me.

Sapper Jay 12B, Beakie, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  2. GT4671

GT4671 Got Your Back

Totally agree with that, Moke727. The thing is though, if you drive away from where the person is getting slashed and bitten, it's an "out of sight, out of mind" thing with the game. If you can't see them and you're far enough away, they won't be killed. That's after you completed the mission, not before, obviously.

3. Moke727

Moke727 Starting Off

I can't help but panic when one of my best characters is getting mobbed by ferals and juggernauts. It will take a lot of will power for me to simply drive off but I'll try to remember this next time. Thanks for the tip.

Beakie, Cejao, Genious and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hey

5. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

We'll take a look and see what why the AI became worst than the Predator. :)

Understood.
    Hey yourself. :) We are looking into FPS improvements.

Beakie, rebel36, Fabian907 and 5 others like this.
  6. GT4671

GT4671 Got Your Back

I was like that too, but you have to learn to drive off because you risk your life and theirs if you stay and fight. You can always do that for the challenge to see if you can save them, but if you want to play it safe, it's best to drive off. It's kind of like if you see a Big Bastard and you don't want to deal with him, just drive way out of the way and come back 15 seconds later and he won't be in that spot anymore. This is a trick I have learned over time. I've been playing the game since it came out on the 360.

7. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

There's also the option of quickly getting back into your vehicle before the mission ends... the mission-giver will often jump in with you— then you can chauffeur them home safely. But yeah, if that isn't an option... haul ass far away from there. They'll teleport home as soon as they're outside the rendering radius.

Beakie, rebel36, Genious and 2 others like this.
  8. Yellow

Yellow Got Your Back

Does that means that there ain't gonna be any further "tittle updates" for YOSE as they were for the original SoD ?

Beakie, ThatChristmaskid and Cejao like this.
  9. In theory, it would be bug fixes.
    But should the game grab enough traction again, more *could* be added.

Beakie, Yellow and XzerothreeX like this.
  10. Alajeff

Alajeff Here To Help

Attached Files:

11. GT4671

GT4671 Got Your Back

This is true, BUT if it's not a community member of yours, as soon as you stop, they will get out of the vehicle and run away. Now if it's a community member they'll stay in there with you UNTIL you get out of the car/truck, but be warned, they will run away as soon as you get out of it.

Genious and Cejao like this.
  12. RobertH5996

RobertH5996 Got Your Back

I guess my only complaint is the predator zombies that appear out of nowhere (probably a wall) but other than that I think the fact they storm you while your searching or on mission makes it better. I love popping off ten or more headshots and dramatically running for my life reloading. But that is just me.

Beakie, Cejao and rebel36 like this.
  13. CaptainAssassin

I also think its unfair that the non-community members will sprint away— only engaging zeds directly in their path, while your own people casually jog away— and engage every damn enemy in the area.

Beakie, Yellow, Genious and 4 others like this.
  14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Yes, this happens all the time... Very annoying, I have to run away from them when they do or I will want to run them over.

love having a survivor with counselor & leadership skills as well and everyone is still always "wigged out, panic, grim, pissed off, depressed, insensitive, numb, Missing, Ran Away From Home, Scared...

Please fix.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    Beakie, Yellow, rebel36 and 3 others like this.
  15. Alajeff

Alajeff Here To Help

Yes! although, a high level leader gets enclaves to join in just one mission if you use him/her you'd think it would impact morale.

Beakie, Yellow, rebel36 and 2 others like this.
  16. Genious

Genious Here To Help

With counselor too? Have you driven around to spot nearby infestations you may not have known about before?

Beakie, rebel36 and Cejao like this.
  17. For the Xbox One will there be patches or updates like for optimizations or maybe extra content.

Also you the whole map would you put more new towns because there are a lot of space, also will there be co-op or multiplayer online? Also thanks a lot UL your game is truly one amazing simulator well done and can't wait for more content thanks again we love you too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  18. GT4671

GT4671 Got Your Back

Agreed again. I don't understand the logic of doing it that way. I love how fast the non community members run away. They actually stand a chance avoiding the zeds.

19. curby

curby Here To Help

Just one new LARGE homesite for me please, i can deal with all the jumping and scitting my games does! Doesnt bother me atol,, I think you should expand the game more with add on's..

Genious, Beakie, Yellow and 1 other person like this.
  20. CaptainAssassin

Genious, Beakie, Cejao and 5 others like this.