State of Decay YOSE guide for Base Game, Breakdown, and Lifeline. (WIP)

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by e5futter, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

It's okay. ;)

2. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Two extra from sat-comms? What do those do? What are they? Which ones?

What?

Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  3. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Home Base part one is up and is being edited. Adding more detail now. :)
    The food and ammo outposts I have are the two extra.

When Black Friday first starts out you only get to make 6 outposts. During a certain part in the story, you will be able to upgrade the satt-coms facility, allowing you to make two more outposts. The food and ammo ones were just used as horde killers.

Cejao and Genious like this.
  4. Dadditude

Dadditude Starting Off

I have not seen this asked or answered anywhere yet, and this seemed like a reasonable place to ask, so here goes:

How many resources (food, medicine, ammo, materials, and fuel) carry over to the next level? I'm currently on BD 1, and since I have emptied nearly every building in Trumbull Valley, I have a BUNCH of resources, especially food. I'm getting ready to go to BD 2, but if most of these resources are going to go bye-bye, I was thinking it'd be a good idea to use up as much of what won't carry over as I can (making snacks, coffee, homemade painkillers, etc.) before moving on. Thanks in advance for your assistance, and thanks for what is shaping up to be a pretty great guide.

Genious likes this.
  5. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Holy crap.. Thank you for pointing out that the rv guide isn't finished. :oops:

In order to bring some of the resources with you, you have to be over, or under, the amount needed.

For food, meds, and ammo you can only bring 10 cases, so have over ten. 30 for building materials, and 4 for fuel. But for fuel you have to be at 4 before leaving out. So create a fudgeton of Molotov Coctails before going.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Genious likes this.
  6. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Thanks for the sat-comm answer, e5futter!! May many pies praise your name!

7. I don't know if this is a bug but taking from the supply locker doesn't cost influence. Putting stuff in it doesn't give influence either. Building costs influence and it seems like no matter what I do I can't get it.

8. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Which game mode? Because the influence system in Lifeline doesn't work the same as Breakdown or vanilla.

Genious and Fabian907 like this.
  9. Dadditude

Dadditude Starting Off

Thanks for the quick reply. I've got a LOT of crafting to do before I head on to Level 2.

Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  10. Dadditude

Dadditude Starting Off

I know Influence doesn't get carried over (gets reset to zero), but what about morale? Does it carry over, or is it reset to zero also?

Fabian907 likes this.
  11. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Goes to zero... :/

Cejao and Genious like this.
  12. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I'd like to apoligize for the long ass delay. I've been dealing with technical issues and some personal crap lately. I have the rest of the guide written down in my notebook so now it's just a matter of typing it all, editing and screenshots.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    ThatChristmaskid and Fabian907 like this.
  13. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I noticed in your homebase section of your guide, your missing the Ranger Station.
    Though its very hard to defend, it is a useable home base option, and I think needs to be included in your guide list.

GoldenLight, e5futter and Fabian907 like this.
  14. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

The home base guide is where I left off. It'll be added in along with a mess ton of other stuff like facilities and outposts. Along with many edits to the existing parts. :)

Cejao likes this.
  15. Cejao

Cejao Famous

one of my favorite things about state of decay is while scavenging for stuff, I find the note, mentioning how the ranger station has put in multiple requests for .50 caliber rifles, and they were denied. it seems funny almost. kinda wish it had gotten at least 1.

Genious likes this.
  16. Genious

Genious Here To Help

It isn't a usable base. Enclaves can spawn in it, but you can't actually use the relocate option in the Ranger Station as its "Not Defensible" (mines, anyone??). Its like the Courthouse, except the Ranger Station is actually marked as a home site anyway.

Its been breaking survivalists' hearts for two years now. :(

Cejao likes this.
  17. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Oh, I never tried to "use" it because as I posted elsewhere, the bridge needs to be repaired to make it a viable option for breakdown. LOL, you cant use it, but its marked as a home base? and devs still didn't fix that? after two years?? Lmao

Genious likes this.
  18. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

The reason it's labeled as a home base is because it is. In the tutorial you learn about the home base page by using the Ranger station. After the events that occur you must abandon it and head for the church. Same for breakdown Level one, it's the starting base so that lilly has a safe place. It's not a bug that needs to be fixed because it's not a bug.

Genious likes this.
  19. Genious

Genious Here To Help

That being said, there probably was another way of marking that. With a giant red X or a special crossed-out icon, maybe? Or marking the icon as "hidden" once you made it to the Church base as required by the story mission?

Cejao likes this.
  20. Genious

Genious Here To Help

I disagree as other survivors have Enclave homes in random houses, but none of them are prominently marked as potential home sites leading players to believe they can live in it. Its not just the Ranger Station either-- the Courthouse also does it, which is rather irritating.

Cejao likes this.