State of Decay YOSE lag/low fps

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by josh78, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey
    I'm getting slowdowns every now and then (meaning the FPS drops for a second or two).
    Which wouldn't be so horrible if my FPS didn't drop like crazy in Marshall (I've tried the suggested workaround of capping CPU usage at 75% but that did absolutely nothing).
    All my drivers are up to date. (GTX 750 2GB, A10-7800 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit).
    Any suggestions?

2. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

Hello;

Can you verify that your computer is using your GPU to play the game instead of your APU (CPU graphics card)
    Also can you confirm if you're using a SSD or a HDD
    Finally: Are your Nvidia Drivers up to date?

e: does this happen when you're driving a vehicle or on foot?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I also want to pitch in with, Josh you should probably post your dxdiag in here so others can take a look at what you've already tried and how your system is set up.

4. 1. I can't even set SOD to use the APU instead of GPU (I only see the GPU in my NVIDIA Control Panel when I choose which graphics card a program will use).
    2. I'm using a HDD.
    3. I've updated my NVidia drivers a few weeks ago (maybe two) so that is definitely not the problem as the game is over two years old now.
    It happened both while on foot and while driving a vehicle, but I was able to remedy that up to a point where it was so-so playable, but still not really good. However my FPS in Marshall is really sh*tty either way.
    DxDiag in attachment.

Attached Files:

5. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

Sorry for the delays @josh78;

After checking this out in the game it appears there is a minor (on my PC) FPS hit when you come into Marshall; however, that is most likely caused by the engine SoD uses to render in properties and assets.
    Due to your system and after taking strong consideration towards your CPU and GPU, there is most likely a problem on your end with the AMD A10 7800 CPU and it just not being fast enough to render in all the buildings properly and all the new assets.

Kind regards;
    Mitch

6. That's definitely not the issue, because both the CPU and GPU meet the recommended requirements (if not more), and the fact that I'm playing on low details at 1280x800. It's the game's problem.

7. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

According to your dxdiag, your file version is not the most recent. Being that this game has not been updated for a couple years, seems to indicate that this is not a legit copy. Purchase through Steam to receive the most recent version and see if that resolves it for you. If you have purchased through Steam, verify the integrity of the game cache and it will update to the most recent version.

sc2mitch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.