Steam Launch Day!

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

We're apparently live and on sale in the official store section! Here's what I'm posting to our website:

We're officially out of Early Access! The keyboard and mouse interface is live. Thanks for all the feedback, the bug reports, the save files, the DXDIAGs, and more, Early Access players. You rock. Your technical chops and thoughtful feedback made an enormous difference.

But today's build is not the last word for State of Decay on Steam. Those of you who've been with us since our launch on XBLA know we don't ever just call it day. We've already got the next patch planned out (and scheduled for a few weeks from now). It will include full key remapping, changes to mouse acceleration, and more.

As I said on the Steam forum for State of Decay: Thanks for riding along with us this far. I hope you stay on board, because this train's not stopping.

Oh, and if you think the game is too easy, PC players... I think you'll enjoy State of Decay: Breakdown. Everyone, PC and Xbox, will see it at the same time. Stay tuned.

2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

3. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

[​IMG]

4. I have just purchased the game and are already impressed!
    But there is one thing, the controls from xbox, is still part of the game? there is no place to edit the controls?
    I hope u understand what im saying....

5. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

KS, that's what I meant by remapping - it will come in a couple weeks :)

6. Bought the game on XBLA for my Xbox360 and bought the game for early access on Steam.

Loving both. Keep up the good work.

7. ELToastyPoptart

ELToastyPoptart Starting Off

are you guys gonna continue to release updates for the xbox and is there saves yet for the xbox like you can have more than one?

8. Primus

Primus Starting Off

Wohoo, the time has finally come!

Attached Files:

9. jon274

jon274 Starting Off

Naw. It's all about PC now. ;)

Kidding. Yes, they plan to continue to develop both platforms for SOD concurrently. They have stated this numerous times.

10. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

Was waiting the game to get discount on Steam, didn't happen in Halloween sales so i decide to pay full price for Alpha Access, not even single regret any.
    This game WORTH every cent of my currency!!!

11. jon274

jon274 Starting Off

Every friend I bought or convinced to buy this game said exactly the same thing - one said was worth even more. I tend to agree :)

12. Hell ya. Did they fix the specialization bug

13. DutchMike

DutchMike Starting Off

Breakdown.. just a poor excuse to overcome the 'easyness'..
    How about releasing modding tools, that would add a lot more.

14. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

To be honest, i though SoD was just another stink shit-hole Day-Z ripoff fast money grabber like other zombie games did. After Day-Z success, lot of zombie survival type game start to emerge out of nowhere and most of them suck bad......most end up as "Zombie Beating" than "Zombie Survival" and hey, don't forget War-Z which is now Infestation : Survival Story.

15. First of all congrats with the launch :D.

FreedomFighterEX, to be honest...

- State of Decay started development before DayZ launch. It just didnt receieve the same player and marketing hype.
    - DayZ is a perfect example of why I despice many MP games as the playersetting ruins the game.
    - SoD is the best survial zombie-apocalypse game i have ever played next to Tellgates "The Walking Dead" series.
    - The Fallout 3 and NV was good but SoD has the potential the get even better as it is a bit more "realistic". I played all content of FO3 but hardly touched NV as I was tired of the endless running, dialogues, tunnel/bunker scenarios and mutant spawns, "monster dragons" etc.

When we get "SoD 2" With CO-OP it will set a new standard for good MP survival games. I was tired many years ago with the endless chain of brainless, unrealistic, monkeyacrobatic, superhuman cod/cs/tf kinds of MP games.

Hopefully SoD will get even more realistic with stuff like hunting for food, hides etc. Finding good watersupplies, dig waterwells, setup cleaningstations for dirty-water, doing smallcale gardening for vegetables, foraging eatables in the woods, make power out of woodgas and generators and so on everything a good survival game should have. You should also be able to go scouting, finding good sites near creeks and lakes and build a new base from using timber from trees, rocks, mud etc.

A good survival game or a good game in general should also be a real-life learning experience.

When we get a game that will teach people how to survive "in the real world" when Wallmart doesnt exist anymore, thats when we get a good survival game. Making a MMO that have all these aspects will make a group/clan/tribe/village/society feel real accomplishment.

Unless you make games a true learning experience then games like SoD and any other will fall quickly into the trap of becoming just another repetitive "kill that group of zombies", "do that mission" where nothing seems to have any real meaning or purpose other than getting good statnumbers. When you can use what you learn in the real world, then you have true a hit.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  16. hi all,
    game is awesome,good work.i have one question to breakdown dlc.
    will be loot/resources spawn again,again,again,....if i take all and nothing left in houses?

please say yes,i want search new weapons over and over :)

17. Guyver

Guyver Got Your Back

yeah! that's good

[​IMG]

Thank you and good luck to bring us lots of new...

18. Congrats all. I love the game a very lot :) Played 125 hours upto now and have had nothing game breaking happen. Ive had many bugs but I know you will squash them as soon as humanly possible.

19. blood_sam

blood_sam Starting Off

Good job Undead Labs, it's a great game so far. It's nice to see regular updates and bug fixes :)
    The release version is even nicer to play.

20. Akinaba

Akinaba Got Your Back

Frankly speaking, haven't mentioned crucial changes since I've started to play the game (7 update), but still, hey, It's release finally! Glad, glad! :D

Hope for more patches in near future, cheers, Undead Labs!