Story Progression Halting Thread

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Undead Sanya, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

First things first:

A big part of the problem is us :) It's not immediately clear to many people that you need to look at your "To Do List" in the upper left hand corner under the map. Doing those things is often enough to get the story moving again.

But not always. So here is what I need, if clearing your to do list fails:

- What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?
    - What is the last any kind of mission you completed before things stopped?
    - Did you refuse any missions and if so, which ones?
    - How many real time hours have passed since you last got a story mission?
    - How many real time hours have passed since you last got any mission?
    - Where are you in the game, more or less?

Here's a guy from Twitter (didn't give me everything because Twitter isn't a message board):

The last [story] mission was erik tan showed me the water with the bodies.
    After that my last mission was a big un zed hunt.
    [Since the last mission it's been] 3-4 hours

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. My last [story] mission was Erik Tan showing me the bodies too, since then I've been saving allies in trouble, hunting zeds, looting houses for 3-4 hours, then I didn't enjoy it anymore.

Manipulator likes this.
  3. My last [story] mission was Erik Tan showing me the bodies too, since then I've been saving allies in trouble, hunting zeds, looting houses for 2 days

4. Fresh Ammo

Fresh Ammo Starting Off

- What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped? The mission were you drive up to the farm and a guy asks you for boxes of ammo and I said no
    - What is the last any kind of mission you completed before things stopped? Hunting Zeds
    - How many real time hours have passed since you last got a story mission? 12 hours
    - How many real time hours have passed since you last got any mission? 12 hours
    - Where are you in the game, more or less? When my missions were working and everything was running fine I would say a 9. but now when stuff isn't working and there's nothing to do I would say a 6.

5. - What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?
    The last mission I did was the courthouse infestation clearing when the girl radios for help. I had the memento mission before that and as soon as that was complete the memento mission dissappeared and I've been stuck with no more story related missions for over 72-real time hours.
    Various Zed Hunts, Search and Rescue missions, and trading missions... doing them endlessly.
    72 hours.
    5 minutes.
    Waiting to get the quest back to do the momento mission for Lily... once that is fixed I believe I could start moving through the game again... I'm currently in the Marshall trucking warehouse. This is my 2nd playthrough this has happened on... the first one I waited for the momento mission as well and it never came back... As soon as she started to give the mission and it popped up on my map she cut herself off with the "Better go see what's going on at the courthouse" dialogue and it disappeared shortly thereafter.

6. - What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped? Deliver the Car parts with Ray in marshall.

- What is the last any kind of mission you completed before things stopped? I don't understand the nature of this question, I last did a hunt for a Feral zombie from a random survivor mission if that's what you mean.

- How many real time hours have passed since you last got a story mission? About 48 hours now, 10 of which was spent playing the game.

- How many real time hours have passed since you last got any mission? I guess 15 minutes since the last time I was ingame, I'm constantly receiving the usual fare of provide a distraction, hunt this type of zombie etc. from my survivors at the base.

- Where are you in the game, more or less? I set up shot in the Warehouse in Marshall a few days ago, I complete the Wilkersons storyline then delivered the car parts with Ray. I have no idea how far this is into the game if that's any indication.

I keep clearing out my to do list such as Danger: [Special Zombie type] Sighted, but nothing is working.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  7. I have the final mission and it got bugged when I tried to finish it. Also I nevergot the mission were i can switch homesteads.

8. Mine has stopped producing any missions at all too, not just main story ones, but everything other than the (ridiculously frequent) "rescue lost survivor" missions and the "unhappy" or "scared" ones at the homebase. People also go missing for lengths of time that are insane - I had marcus go for over a week game time with no requests for his rescue - and thats all I can do mission wise. It's nothing to do with my base. It didn't start out like that, when I lived at the church I was receiving a healthy mix of missions all the time - now the game is unplayable. It started since around the time I moved to the tree house base from the church, I can't earn any trust, progress the storyline, do any side missions or recruit anybody (radio just returns nobody found) - the pace of it has just slowed to a complete halt. What makes it weird is that there was almost too many missions in the beginning, an overwhelming amount of things going on. All activity has just died?

The first time this happened was the mission where you have to hold the bridge so the army can blow through the barricade to get to the fairground - that took literally about 4/5 days game time to come up, with nothing else coming up in the meantime, and required me turning the xbox off and on again. After that it slowed back down to no missions at all for about 2/3 in game days, then the wilkersons mission where you have to be the impartial 3rd party came up - i completed that, and now nothing again. Zilch. No faction requests, no larger missions, can't recruit or gain any meaningful trust. When things were happening all the time it was such a great pacing, too! Fantastic game up until this, hope you fix it quick and this helps.

Ninos likes this.
  9. Oh and also this is definitely relevant - after the first few hours of the game, i've completely stopped getting "distraction" and "trade" missions. I had a couple of each and they were fun! I've had none for aaaages, hours and hours real world time. I'm pretty sure around the time I moved from the church this started happening, or possibly just before - I hadn't done any marshall missions yet. The only missions I got from then on were a few rescue ones, that's it, and like I said above i'm now getting nothing at all. It may have been around the time survivor enclaves were overrun in the first town, quite a few people got eaten - maybe the bug is something to do with how the enclaves work and allocate you missions? I say that because of the dramatic sudden pacing drop from loads to none. Or possibly to do with the infestation bug clogging up your mission agendas? Just ideas

10. Alan Gunderson

Alan Gunderson Here To Help

My last story mission was the gun running, where I chose to go to the survivor's home, but I told them to call off the trade and saved their life. The law mission is still up for doing, but I am fully aware from a previous playthrough that there are other story missions to be done to go along with Erik Tan.

11. Q: What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?
    A: I completed a mission for the sheriff to clear out some Zeds. I then started the mission to take auto parts. I got out to deliver a backpack to the warehouse and the mission failed. Since that point, I have not received another mission

Q: What is the last any kind of mission you completed before things stopped?
    A: I had just completed a mission where you survey the area. Then met the guy on the roof to deliver the car parts

Q: How many real time hours have passed since you last got a story mission?
    A; About two days now

Q: How many real time hours have passed since you last got any mission?
    A: I am still getting requests to hunt zeds and to clear infestations. Aside from that, I haven't had any missions in 2 days. The game is also not giving waypoints for material requests on the radio

Q: Where are you in the game, more or less?
    A: At Snyder trucking in Marshall. Completed move to warehouse. Completed first mission for Sheriff. Completed a mission to be a neutral party. After that it all stopped.

12. 1.) I helped Ray deliver some car parts to an enclave.

2.) On the way back I picked up the Rucksacks from the people the Wilersons killed. A zed hunting mission passed, not sure if it was from the west most enclave or not (one northwest of the warehouse residency).

3.) Going on three days. Bought it day of release and played for a long time. About third day of playing I noticed I was getting the same quests.

4.) I still get missions concerning my people at home; zed hunts, infections, allies in trouble, hordes, etc.

5.) Before the deliver job I finished the Memorabilia quest and Wilkersons. I didn't do them until pretty late. I moved into the warehouse. I got the achievement for the Wilkersons. I also haven't finished the courthouse missions either.

13. I also noticed that about the time when I finished those quests and it started happening, it kept saying I had infestations but there were no infestations. I would constantly drive around but couldn't find them.

14. I hate to post twice, but is this issue currently being resolved? I'd hate to have to start a new game since I just got my base built up to a respectable level. I've grinned and bared it to this point, what with some of my best characters dying while I'm offline, and other going missing for extended periods of time. I love this game, but the bugs are starting to kill it for me. Thanks for listening to this short rant.

Ninos likes this.
  15. I am in Marshall. I finished the joy ride mission with Ray. And that was the last mission to pop up. cept missing people. random hunts. This has been like this for 4 days now (real time not in game). would like to finish game.. any help on how to get the missions started would be helpful. ty.

Ninos likes this.
  16. - What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?

The soldier showed me the bodies at the reservoir.

The soldier showed me the bodies at the reservoir.

120 real-time hours, or about 30 hours of play time.

I get side-quests all the time (distractions, infestations, etc), but have not gotten any primary or secondary quest-line missions in 120 hours.

I am halfway through the Wilkersons and Grange quest-lines (which have also halted), and the last primary story mission I completed was accompanying the soldier to the reservoir.

17. If your having trouble with this bug try deleting the game and redownloading this worked for me after I hadnt had a story mission for awhile.

18. - What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?

A : i don't remember the name of the mission but the last thing i remember about guy tell me about buying house and we went to the house and there man saying to help him in the house then die and i killed him fast because he will be zombie .

A: i don't know maybe it's zed hunt

A : 5 days :(

A : 10 minutes

A : in the middle of the story

19. Q: What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?
    A: My last story mission was the gun running, I took the group to meet the Wilkensons, they did the deal and were killed

Q: What is the last any kind of mission you completed before things stopped?
    A: Hunting a big Fatty

Q: How many real time hours have passed since you last got a story mission?
    A; About two days now

Q: How many real time hours have passed since you last got any mission?
    A: I am still getting requests to hunt zeds and to clear infestations. Aside from that, I haven't had any missions in 2 days. The game is also not giving waypoints for material requests on the radio, and no other outposts are calling for trades

Q: Where are you in the game, more or less?
    A: At Snyder trucking in Marshall. But after the missions stopped I moved to Mcready farm

20. - What was the last story mission you completed before things stopped?
    The last [story] mission was erik tan showed me the water with the bodies.

quentin barnes goes for a walk after speaking with becca about the whole Alex things he hasnt returned yet and has been gone 3-4 real time days after
    Side missions are still working for me, like to-do-list missions (but when requesting resource locations for lily they dont appear at all)

guessing around 4-5 days maybe

home site is snyder trucking warehouse so just around that area