Super Giant GTA V Off Topic Catch All Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Minister Max, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Minister Max

Minister Max Got Your Back

Grand Theft Auto 5 is going to be one of the biggest titles to ever be released in gaming, with a whopping total of over $137,000,000 thrown into development.

It's being released on September 17th.

Are you hyped for it, or do you not have a special interest in it?
    Will you be buying it, waiting for a while, or not buying it at all?

This is also to discuss general things like facts about it and so on.

If you haven't seen the trailer for it:

[video=youtube;QkkoHAzjnUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2[/video]

Or the trailer of the 3 protagonists:

[video=youtube;Bf38HiYPMiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38HiYPMiI&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2[/video]

This is the official gameplay video/trailer:

[video=youtube;N-xHcvug3WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2[/video]

The same thing as above, but showcasing GTA Online:

[video=youtube;olEGtoYs_8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2[/video]

It's something i'm pretty excited about, there isn't much coming out soon as far as I know, the only games i'm looking forward to is The Witcher and this.
    I've only played these games since #3, none of the games before, but i'm sure i'll play those some day.

There is just something I find exciting about a crime game, possibly the chaos about it, but i'm not too sure.
    Your opinions?

And, I realize there have been other GTA V threads, but this one was mainly to focus on rumors and discussions on the game's features, as well as opinions on them.
    And of course if you're hyped for it and buying it or not.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Cejao likes this.
  2. PoorRandall

PoorRandall Got Your Back

I praying to the holy lord that it's released on PC, looks awesome.

You could always throw the MP trailer in there as well Max, just an idea ;)

Cejao likes this.
  3. Minister Max

And done, may add more things later, and I hope it gets on the PC too, it's a big crowd to pass up.

Cejao likes this.
  4. XajNyne

XajNyne Got Your Back

I'm definitely buying it. Had it on pre-order for ages. I've played every GTA since the first top down ones way back on PC years ago and every one in between. This one is going to rock! Love the series.

Cejao likes this.
  5. laijka

laijka Starting Off

I'm somewhat hyped I guess. Mostly because I have other new games to play until GTA V releases so I'm currently focusing on them instead of hyping myself :)
    Already pre ordered a couple of months ago for the 360.

And I'm actually most excited about the online part. The singleplayer part I know will be good as I have yet to play a GTA game I didn't like(even though some are better than others they're all good).

6. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

I see the online portion turning into DayZ....

[​IMG]

Cejao likes this.
  7. Minister Max

Oh my god....
    Golf cart drive byes....

WANT.

Cejao likes this.
  8. laijka

laijka Starting Off

Hopefully there is an option to play with friends and friends only. Or some other way of avoiding the unwanted elements.

Cejao likes this.
  9. Capt.C.Baker

One can only hope at this point. ;)

I honestly wouldn't mind other players on the same server as me, as long as they weren't playing just to grief. I like the idea of running into another player and maybe trading with them, or doing a mission, or hell, even a small shootout, but I don't want someone jumping into the server I'm on, just to snipe any player in the head, because he can.... :/

Cejao likes this.
  10. Minister Max

From the way they described GTA Online, it sounds like something on their servers, sadly enough.
    but if people can create their own races and their own gamemodes and maps, i'm sure they can set their own rules.

Cejao likes this.
  11. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

gta 4 online has options to turn killing off, and with people creating their own games they can set the rules. And most games I've played people hardly ever grief.

You could do this in GTA 4. Most likely it'll still be in GTA 5.

Cejao likes this.
  12. PoorRandall

PoorRandall Got Your Back

E5's logic seems to be that devs recycle everything, and never change their games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

13. Capt.C.Baker

They could always do what they did for the RDR multiplayer and have different play style servers. /shrugs

Cejao likes this.
  14. Jotun

Jotun Starting Off

Totally Hyped , the online mode looks too me as if it is some sort of playstation home setup like buying an appartement style it invite guest .

im a torough rockstar fan they really have theyre own style and still have it its a great accomplischment imo

Cejao likes this.
  15. Mad cannibal

Mad cannibal Here To Help

I'm buying it, been following them like a blind dog since GTA III.

Cejao likes this.
  16. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Got Your Back

My copy has been paid in full for a while now. I can't wait. Now I just have to purchase Live again, but GTA Online isn't going to be available at launch anyways, so that can wait. I think the first thing I'm going to do is go shark fishing ;)

Cejao likes this.
  17. You guys realize that the online mode only supports 16 players in a game?

You're not going to see thousands of real players around.

18. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Got Your Back

19. Yeah.

It's not REALLY an MMO.

It's pretty much a 'play with your friends' mode.

20. Mad cannibal

Mad cannibal Here To Help

I don't want an MMO. MMOs are crap.

Cejao likes this.