Survive the Apocalypse, aka:

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Пережить Апокалипсис!

We've just announced that we are in the process of translating State of Decay into Russian.

Well, we're having it done. Our contribution is getting the alphabet working and embedded in all the right places. Someone else is doing the translation, and ye gods and little fishes, those guys have a hell of a job - a LOT of the game's language is slang, colloquialism, puns, and references that barely translate into the romance languages!

Anyway, please give a warm welcome to any of our Russian speaking friends who may be lurking. If you're new here, the rule about posting in other languages is that you may. BUT - you've got to also post a translation at the same time, as I am frightfully monolingual aside from swearing.

MrMonst3r likes this.
  2. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

dogh! the russians dont speak zombie, lol brains!!

3. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

4. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

lol! bro!

5. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

thanx ! this forum is a little confounding!

6. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

hey it's a puzzle ! you figure out how to speak in time lag post's , ok i i get it!

xr1st1anos likes this.
  7. MatchesMalone

MatchesMalone Got Your Back

So any chance Microsoft can work with you guys to update the XBLA version? There are arcade games that have exceeded the 2GB limit.

gunther likes this.
  8. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

Cool undead labs! dont pander to just the PC kids!, lol you are , the man!

9. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

Ok sanya did not kick me! , lol we can talk the facts , lol UDL is a PC gamers!! game so start bending over and praying they give us a life line, lol , PLZ!!

10. Just thought I'd point that out and cause a ruckus.

Kid Kayole likes this.
  11. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

[snip] lol so a zombie life line, let us dish! lets see a not scavenger option, ? or a town that say's you get food, you get gun's, you get ,foood!, then take the clocks and dolls and timers!! shuv them, soory gotta be government correct , in the zombie apock!!!

Edited by Sanya, who thought you were correct when you said "sorry, no politics" ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  12. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

hey i gotta a Medal! they said keep talking, they did not stop drinking, or killilling zombies, lol .

13. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

say, sorry I am drunk !!, lol they are scraping the dreg's of this monkey barrel, c'mon we gonna have fun!

14. gunther

gunther Got Your Back

ok i saw the medal!! i got no advice for you! but MAKE LIFE LINE A GOOOOOD GAMME!!!!! plz a big fan!!

15. IllBlazer

IllBlazer Got Your Back

This guy just won the medal!! Lol. O man.

16. WhisperFire26

WhisperFire26 Here To Help

Hey I got and awesome idea! For every language translation, there is a voice actor for Lily and no one else!

17. omgomgomgomg

18. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

Welcome Russian survivors and Удачи against the zombie horde! Hopefully that means "good luck"! :p

19. KatArus

KatArus Got Your Back

Russian versions of Eve, Dead Island, and Borderlands 2 suck monkey balls. Witcher, Dead Space 3 and Skyrim do not. In the end at least 60% of puns, allegories and alliterations are either messed up either gone. I'll try it out anyway :D

p.s. it took too much balls not to rant 'screw translation, hire 10 outsource programmers already and fix that 347 bugs that are still in the game'. I didn't rant. But i could :p

20. Ура! Наконец то можно будет поиграть с официальным переводом! Слава России!
    Hurrah! Finally it will be possible to play with an official translation! Glory To Russia!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014