Survivor Cell Challenge #2: Go Bags

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Yes! Finally got my picture up done with a good friend Arc79! Sorry we couldn't all be in the same picture though had a terrible accident and can now hardly walk! At least it's entered though

2. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Haha, hey your finally on! Bloody cripple! :p I think my entire cell is now online and also the whole clan. Knew I'd convince you lot...

3. Ahaaa yeah, I can't help it! Blame everyone at school for breaking me yet again! Yes whole clan! :')

4. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn Starting Off

Ah, late to a party again! I'll take pics of my car kit tomorrow, but the home kit is.. decent. May not be in time for the contest, but fun all the same.

5. Lol, sent with less than 20mminutes to spare, local time.
    Typing's a bitch.

6. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Hey guys, I'm gonna post the survivor pics in here along with their info. That way if you don't have FB you can see them. Stay tuned!

7. Capt.C.Baker

Gladiator Survival Group from Bridgeport, West Virginia

[​IMG]
    Items include: Doritos, hunting knife, can of tuna, Chef Boyardee product, flashlight, medication (pain killers, allergy, etc.), peanut butter, large kitchen knife, cheese doodles, pocket knife, saltine crackers, assorted silverware, two fireworks, Bibles, binoculars, deodorant, q-tips, electric lantern, military compass, extra clothing and heavy coats, 18 7mm rounds, 17 243 Winchester rounds, and one sharp hatchet.

8. So... How do we know if you got our submissions, Miss Sanya?

9. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

You'll see it posted on FB :) And I'll email you when the posters go out, too.

10. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

I'll put ours up too just so people can see what I was talking about by pushing the rules! Haha.
    Here's Gruntshield Inc.
    survivor cell bags.jpg

Inventory:
    Arc
    *First Aid supplies
    *3 Tins of baked beans
    *Barry Davies- Modern Survival Book
    *1.5 litres of water and a re-usable water bottle for liquids
    *A blanket
    *Pellet rifle
    -for hunting small animals and the stock is heavy so it could be used to melee zeds
    *Pellets
    *Bandana
    -to keep infected blood out of my mouth
    *American medical Association First aid guide
    *Full face mask
    -for protection against splattered blood, attacks to the face and intimidation against wanna-be looters and the such
    *Cleaver
    -chopping meat and zeds if needed
    *Alaskan Ulu Knife
    -Good for skinning small game
    *Hunting knife
    *Small hunting knife
    *Multi-tool knife
    -a man is never whole without a knife that can open a bottle, take out crews and have a small useless pair of built in scissors on his person!
    *Pen knife
    *Smaller pen knife
    *Small Box cutter
    *Bag
    -To carry it all, besides the rifle, that would probably be carried while walking.

Will
    *Kitchen Knife
    -Personal defence as well as to cut food, only after intense sterilization though.
    *Water bottle
    -Carrying water for himself as well as other liquids
    *Survival guide
    *Ibuprofen medicine
    *Pen knife
    *Bag

Paradise
    *Improvised flamethrower
    -Personal defence, maybe cooking? :)
    *20" knife
    -Personal defence
    *Beans
    *Water
    *First aid supplies
    *Batteries
    *Flashlight
    *Sleeping bag

54M
    *12 gauge Double Barrel shotgun
    *shotgun shells
    *Inhaler
    -For asthma
    *walkie-talkie
    -Short Range communication
    *Hatchet
    -Melee and collecting and chopping up firewood
    *Small mallet
    -Could see use in helping to build short term defences like barricades
    *Hand saw
    -Useful for cutting planks down to size for boarding up windows
    *One handed hand saw
    -Another saw so more work could be done in less time when quickly barricading a building for the night
    *Thermal binoculars
    -Finding other people in the dark, small animals for hunting or (if zeds give off any kind of heat) seeing them in the dark
    *Head torch
    -See in the dark better
    *Fuel canister
    -Carry fuel for petrol bombs or to carry fuel across rough terrain back to a vehicle for refueling
    *Sling shot
    -A deadly weapon in trained hands for hunting or with great skill, personal defence
    *Lighter
    -Start fires without hours of banging rocks together, could mean the difference between going hungry and cold or going fed and warm
    *Car keys
    *Multi screwdriver
    *11" combat knife
    -Personal defence
    *Cricket bat
    -For cracking skulls and if you have the time, playing a bit of cricket!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  11. Dang man a improvised flamethrower???Thats some heavy stuff man! If the apacocalypse happens you guys are gonna be head of f### stuff up (Presuming your butts stay alive long enough to find eachother)

12. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Haha, probably sounds it. Its basically the kind you'd use in a garden to burn away weeds and stuff but Paradise modified it so the gas input is higher so the flame is bigger, it would be very short term but effective at totally destroying a zombie to nothing but ashes if needed. Also we live around a mile or two away from each other at most which is easy to get to each other by bike across fields and country roads if you know your way around!

13. Hey man I'm paradise! (guy with improvised flamethrower) I love the thing, I, (as arc said )modified it so gas comes faster, the flame is massive on it and hell it burns wood and weeds damn fast so I presume that flesh and brains it will incinerate no problem!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  14. Flamethrowers=Awesome Adapted weed burner into flamethrower=WHERE THE F### DID YOU GET THAT IDEA??? seriously flamethrowers dang man didnt know British were so hardcore

15. Capt.C.Baker

Here's a bigger photo of Arc79's Team:

Gruntshield Inc.

[​IMG]

16. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Cheers cap, really wish there was a way to get a bigger picture without the web address!

17. Capt.C.Baker

M. Celeste in Florida

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Equipment was rounded up, and packed, ready to move within 15 min.( all from home)." They also illustrate one potential problem that may arise on Z-day: Their fourth member (the owner of the tent) did not make it to rendezvous...

Their kits include clothes, batteries, soap, TP, dehydrated meals, fresh water, guns/ammo, SCBA masks, tools, 100' of para-cord, bug spray, sunscreen, a "very sharp sword', fire starting sticks, and more.

18. Woah! That's a hell of a kit. Greatly put together and very efficient, looks like there in with a great chance!

19. Meh god man you guys are gunned up and ready to go

20. Capt.C.Baker

No Excuses of Liverpool, NY. "Here, take this."

[​IMG]

They might not be able to go on the offense with their bag contents, but they'll be safe and have fun while they hole up in their zombie-proof lair. Their list includes a cigar, playing cards, a comic book, duct tape, a map of New York, a startling array of first aid and personal health products, and food. They aren't totally defenseless: They're the only cell so far to pack a straight razor and a crowbar. - Sanya