Survivor Cells

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

If you and some local friends would like to band together and have a little fun while you wait for Class3 - and get exclusive videos and fun stuff just for doing it - read the post, choose a Cell Leader, and get in touch with me.

Note: Virtual Cells (and guilds) will be an option in the future.

2. Peanutbutter60

Peanutbutter60 Starting Off

Interesting idea. Unfortunately not many of my friends follow games for years on end. Like to see how this works out.

3. Undead Sanya

Well, it happens I just answered an email from someone with the same thought. Here's what I told him:

You can talk it up to a couple of local friends. They don't have to follow the game as intensely as you do. They just have to participate in the challenges.

For instance, say I have a zombie costume contest. You'll prove your cell is active by sending a photograph of you and your cell in costume. Or a scavenger hunt - you'll take a photo of you and your cell with the things you gathered. See what I mean? They just have to do the activities with you. So really, you just need two friends up for a few crazy things.

Not everyone follows a prelaunch game. At this point, I really don't mind if not everyone in the cell is a hardcore fan of Undead Labs. Like the title says, friends will help you survive the wait. ;)

4. This idea is just epic, and a great way to involve the community more. I will definitely be taking part in this as soon as I gather up a few friends and informing them.

Question: If your cell is set to open, does that mean people from anywhere can join or just people from the area in which the cell is located? I'd definitely invite anyone from my area who is actually interested in the game, because our town is small. In fact, it's much like the setting of the game which is pretty cool.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  5. good idea and sounds fun, but i dont know anyone that would get involved because they would probably feel stupid doing these things for an online thing. xD can i go lone wolf :D

6. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Looking forward to it! I've been bothering my friends for years about the game and they're all sick of me now, but maybe I can get them involved in the survivor cell thing.

7. One of my friends told the others that you guys made a really crappy game a few years ago XC now they don't listen about this game anymore, the best I got about them was that the guy that said the stuff about the crappy game said,"If its good you can tell us"i told you so" so yea it sucks i cant do this

8. WELL, looks like Newburgh, NY has just been conquered by Z.E.R.O. now...

9. This is Undead Labs' first game. Go correct your friend and get them excited ^_^

10. Ok heres my plan wait for you to tell me what i need to find then dress in all black wait till its night send pics in. I only do my scavenging at night lol.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  11. I have a question. If, for example, we have to customize our bodys like zombies, and we are three in the Cell ¿Can we use more people outside the Cell? (just for more fun). And my last question is ¿can we use photoshop? :D Thx

12. Question: Exactly how are we getting these activities via a random map you said? Are you going to Email us the location on a map, and tell us "There you go, Have at it" or what?

13. Damnit! I thought this was the Q&A! Curses!!

14. Undead Sanya

I want to keep these local - people you might actually join forces with in a real outbreak. If you set your cell to closed it means you don't want anyone to email you. If you set your cell to "open" it just you're willing to welcome any other local peeps who want to join. I'll post your email address on your listing so they can get in touch with you. If someone does get in touch, and you all like each other, you can then contact me to let me know your membership has increased and give me the name of your new survivor. Make sense?

No, but you could watch the map and see if there's an open cell near you and ask to join :)

What BigM said :)

You COULD, but if the prize for that challenge is a T-shirt, I'm only sending enough shirts for the cell members.

And no, you cannot use Photoshop! Sheesh! ;)

Oh, I wish. I don't have access to that kind of technology. I meant a map showing where the Survivor Cells are.

15. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

I can convince some of my group to do some things, and others to do other kinds of things (we already dressed and made up as zombies and survivors, there's no problem^^). Question is: if my group is composed of 9 persons, and only 4 participate to the activity, are we automatically out or is it ok?

16. Good question, I was wondering as well because one of my members will be busy with college so he may not make it to some activities. Not sure though.

17. This is cool, I know a few people who would be interested. I just have to make sure they want to do it. :p

18. Undead Sanya

This is a good point. On one hand, I want to reward the really active groups. On the other hand, it's not fair to punish anyone because life happens.

I think it will depend on the challenge and the prize. I'll play it by ear, kinda like I'm playing this whole thing ;)

19. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

I like it!^^ in 2 days I'll start the Celll! (last question: I don't remember where to find the mail to send it to:confused:)

20. [/QUOTE]Oh, I wish. I don't have access to that kind of technology. I meant a map showing where the Survivor Cells are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's OK.. but still, how do we get the challenge? You're gonna post them via forum, I'm guessing. Also, When we get the challenge is it for our area or are we competing semi-globally with who ever so please to participate? If so, that'll be a lot for you ahaha.