Survivor Cells

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ADAMANTIUM

ADAMANTIUM Got Your Back

2. Just opened up a cell in Covina California. Looking to be a great time.

3. I like how it can bring people together to talk

4. Just some questions

Hello Sanya :)

I was just curious and I thought of some questions about SoD which hopefully you'll be able to answer...
    If there is a story to the game, will the game just tell us what to do or will we have to explore and find clues to start missions?
    class 3 is on XBLA but will class 4?
    Will there be any multiplayer/co-op?
    can you drive motorbikes?
    can you customize or upgrade your cars and weapons?
    will there be any zombie animals? such as hellhounds?
    If you have to scavenge for food around the map, will there be a point where you've found all the food items and you can't find anymore?
    Will you be able to upgrade weapons?
    will there be secret shops to buy weapons,food, et'c, from or will you have to scavenge for everything?

Please answer all the questions as soon as possible and sorry that there's so many :)
    I'm a really big fan and I really can't wait for SoD to be released! :)

Yours sincerely,
    Limerkid

5. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Hey Limerkid,

Welcome to the forums. Most of these questions have been answered and could have been found by using the FAQ, search option up top, and with a little patience, but I will go ahead and answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

The story is driven by survivors you choose to rescue or events. You don't have to do the story if you'd like to just sandbox it. Even if you choose to do the story, you will continue to sandbox it after completion of the story.
    No Class4 will be a full retail CD/downloadable on the marketplace, but not and arcade title.
    Not at SoD's release. They are hoping to get co-op added as DLC or an update sometime after SoD is released.
    No motorbikes in SoD. Hopefully for Class4.
    Cars no, weapons kind of. You will be able to craft suppressors for weapons and things like that, but I don't think you will be able to tape a shotgun to a pitchfork.
    No animals in SoD. Not even zombie ones. Honestly, zombie animals are just silly.
    Yes, which is why you are encouraged to build a garden and grow food.
    Are you asking about adding stuff to the weapon or that your weapons gets stronger as time goes by? If it's the first then like I said before, you will be able to craft home items for weapons. If you are talking about the strength then no, it's just like real life weapons, they don't get stronger with each use.
    Most of it will be scavenged, but every now and then you will run into a group of survivors who might trade stuff with you.

6. why no on disc? sorry but a lot people dont have internet. you guys will lost a lot money. hope that maybe you guys can release on disc. trust me a lot people dont have internet or hd on xbox slim for example. considerate this ok. thanks
    im a big fan
    relesae soon this great game. thanks
    and srry my bad english

7. Capt.C.Baker

Because it's an XBLA title. XBLA games are only downloadable. You won't need a GOLD subscription to buy or play SoD. If you don't have internet, the best thing to do is take your Xbox to a friend's house that does and download it from there. Then you can take it home and play SoD offline. Minecraft wasn't a CD game when it came out and it did just fine without it.

Class4 will be in disc form though.

8. i know all that budy.but what i asked my dear friend is why not on dics? just that you dont need give a explanation. i play maybe before you have your xbox.in fact i have so many games... i just ask why not on disc just that ok!
    because on disc they will sell much more.jesus

9. Capt.C.Baker

Sorry, my response was not supposed to sound like I was upset. Think of SoD as the trial run for Class4. They want to make sure it's popular and going to work, before they actually spend all the money on discs, putting the info on it, buying the cases, ads on TV...I could go on.

Found this while searching for something on the forums:
    Just so you know, hehe, I still have my very first Xbox(like the one pictured below), and I have been playing video games since the Atari 2600 came out. Yes, I'm that old.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  10. ADAMANTIUM

ADAMANTIUM Got Your Back

I also still have my OG Xbox.

11. i have 39 budy. i play since tele jogo. or mx

12. I attend Zombie-night Airsoft skirmishes.
    would my team count if we took pictures & helmet cam vids of the action?

13. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

You need to file an offical survivor cell with Sanya. Otherwise, your entry wouldn't count in a contest.

14. sounds cool

15. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Is there an age requirement to enter a survivor cell?

16. I just saw the trailer and im sold! This will be a day 1 purchase for me.

17. K2fbliss

K2fbliss Starting Off

Hello I have two questions for the game State of Decay
    1. If you build an Outpost, will you have to worry about other characters(from other communities) breaking in, stealing goods, or killing survivors there?
    2. If you decide not for a character to join the camp/party, does that make this character an enemy? I mean, does this person now going to have it out for you? Possibly always be watching you and cause harm on you or other party members.
    3. I understand the real time thing, and I like it! But I have a baby, and I work a lot. I don't want to come back and find everybody dead just because I couldn't fit it in my schedule!

18. Capt.C.Baker

Welcome to the forums, K2fbliss!
    Breaking in and stealing goods...I don't think so. Killing...no. As far as I know an outpost can only have 1 person manning it.
    No. It will just be hard to have them join your group later. There are no bandit NPCs. None of the survivors outside of your community will harm you or your survivors. People in your group hurting others in your group is a different story, so watch certain survivors.
    If you leave the game in a good state you will come back to an even better state. Your garden will have grown food, all your vehicles would be fixed, your weapons will all have been fixed, all your survivors would be healed, just as long as you left the game in good terms.

The longer you are away from the game/offline, the slower time passes in the game. If you are gone for more than a few days, time will have barley passed once you get back on. They made it with adults in mind.

Hope this helps and see you around the forums.

19. Kiwiana Az

Kiwiana Az Starting Off