[The Division] It's in the details

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vers, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Vers

Vers Here To Help

First off, I didn't want to put this in GNR because it's not "news".

Secondly, I'm not someone that needs awesome graphics, I care more about the game mechanics and abilities of what you can and can't do in a game.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said this didn't help sell me on The Division (besides how fun the game is).

Also, I figure maybe we should post our Division related stuff here so we don't clog up Gaming News Roundup per Willie's request.

Bob Crees, Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.
  2. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

My first thought, handguns are wildly ineffective. Can't even punch a hole in sheet metal.:D

Gmutant, Vers and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

I only played the Beta for like 8 hours, and the one and only time I went into the DZ, I got ridiculed for whipping out my pistol to finish off a rogue player that went down.

Everyone around me were all like "OMG! You're the first person I've met that actually uses the pistol."

Fucking try-hard I am.

4. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Less than 24 hours now....

Bob Crees, Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.
  5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Riot Shield + 6-shooter magnum for the win, they can all laugh while they dead.

Bob Crees, XzerothreeX and Vers like this.
  6. Cejao

Cejao Famous

X03X for the win!

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  7. Julia_Faye

Julia_Faye Famous

It's not really derailing that thread. "Gaming News Roundup" is a pretty broad spectrum. If someone gets offended or bothered that there's too many posts pertaining to one game then that's just petty as hell and they should just not read the thread then. The whole point of it is to share information with each other. God forbid it starts a conversation. If it's that big of a deal then Nicole will usually break up the thread into separate ones herself.

mystyk, DEADLY9996, TheMuse and 3 others like this.
  8. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I understand the position of the Cursed Willie, though. It got spammed up with Division post, a lot to scroll through if you are not interested in the game. Our Vers started a new thread as a courtesy to Willie. I myself am not bothered by an outright derailing, let alone a runoff of post about a common subject, but to each their own. Just don't want this going anti-WillieSea. I'm quite fond of the cursed man.

DEADLY9996, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  9. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Nitpick for the day: they got the flag on the National Guard outfit wrong. :p

10. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Well, share the info. I remember being told the flag is often displayed reversed from the intended setting. Hold forth on the subject, if you please.

Vers, DEADLY9996 and Bob Crees like this.
  11. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Got it in one: they've got the flag reversed. The flag is always displayed with the blue field forward, as if it is being advanced. The more you know. :D

DEADLY9996, XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  12. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Got my physical copy of the game this morning and paid cash for it because, you know, irony . . .

13. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

It's safe if it came out of your matress.:p

Bob Crees, Cejao and DEADLY9996 like this.
  14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Im installing the game now, my collectors edition didn't arrive until 1:00pm today, but I just found out while exploring the contents (cause it wasn't mentioned earlier) that collectors edition comes with gold edition, so I get the national guard skin, woot.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Vers and XzerothreeX like this.
  15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I think its a good idea to make a separate thread for a particular game. We did it for Fallout, so why not for this game? :)

XzerothreeX and Cejao like this.
  16. Cejao

Cejao Famous

now that division is live, all my posts for the division will go here

Got to level 6 and 1/2, medical and security wings at 20%, tech still not unlocked yet.
    got my M249B and SCAR-H again, back in business.
    other than random lag that results in my death, its all good.

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

So...

My X1 can install a 40Gb game in less than 40 minutes, but my internet can't install a 2.6Gb patch in the same...

Fuck internet data caps!

Edit @ 8:45am:

Has anyone unlocked any of the Ubisoft rewards yet? Your first freebie unlock gives you 3 medkits, 500 credits and assorted crafting items.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.
  18. Julia_Faye

Julia_Faye Famous

Severely disappointed with the customization. 5 hairstyles per head. The only 2 that have the hair I want available are an old lady and an Asian with bad acne. :rolleyes: Wtf Ubisoft.... wtf?

BenoftheDead, Vers, Fabian907 and 2 others like this.
  19. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Got the freebies, can't find the paramedic firefighter cop skins.

20. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I have all the outfits skin rewards (check reward vendor in your base of operations, back of base, lower floor), thought the agent creation screen was cool, the lack of options weren't though.

Got some weapon skins, dark zone keys, something called phoenix cash, and some outfit items from the ubisoft club rewards thing.