The Giant Enormous Mega Class4 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 4, 2012.

1. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I use the vehicle in reverse. Saves the engine. ;)

2. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

But where's the excitement in that? Not knowing when you'll explode is...
    Interesting.

3. Haven't been on here for quite some time and looks like it has been a year since Sanya has commented.

Is there a TLDR update?

Can you tease anything Sanya?

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm afraid if we say anything the zombies'll get us. So nope.

Fabian907 likes this.
  5. BoRoBomB

BoRoBomB Here To Help

you know if you shoot them in the head they can't get you anymore right?

Then you can talk all you want :)

Akinaba and Fabian907 like this.
  6. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

I'm fairly certain you just referred to Microsoft as a bunch of zombies.....

Fabian907 likes this.
  7. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

image.jpeg Talk to Bill gates about that, or... This image I put in

TheMuse, Akinaba and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

I'm pretty sure it's a little more complicated than that

Akinaba and Fabian907 like this.
  9. Roasted Zombie: I think fires should be common in a post apocalypse world. Especially in the beginning because of car crashes, appliances left running and then there's broken glass causing lens effect on dry grass possibly igniting it. Someone going crazy with molotovs (cough, cough) No firemen around to drench the problem. So plenty of burned down houses (whole neighborhoods even) and brush fires. Since zombies don't necessarily have a sense of self preservation that means there will be plenty of zombie burn victims.
    Type 1 are pretty much turned into blackened jerky that can barely move or make a sound because they are so dried out. They have no clothes, hair, skin or distinguishing features left. Think mummy without bandages covered in ash (possibly still smoking a bit). Their sooty appearance makes them blend in with fire scorched surroundings. Pretty rare. Most burned corpses you encounter would stay dead. There are only a few lucky ones who have enough brain matter left to reanimate ready to grab you if you are exploring an area that has seen fire. Some of them will be zombie firemen.
    Type 2 is still on fire or at least smoldering a bit but they are not as badly burned or damaged as type 1.. They would only be encountered in an area that is currently burning. Their alert radius is smaller and they move a bit slower then normal zombies because the fire is muffling their senses quite a bit. They are quite loud and noisy, making under attack sounds even if they are not, alerting other nearby zombies. These guys can spread fire and cause burns if they touch you. Ordinary zombies caught on the outer edges of a tossed molotov (or walking into any kind of fire) may turn into a type 2 right before your eyes.
    Type 3 have lesser burns. The fire has been put out and they only suffered minor damage that doesn't affect their ability to zombie in any significant way. Cosmetic burns only, common on many zombies near areas that have seen fire.

I also want to address another subject. The winners of the apocalypse, crows and other corvids. I want to see these birds really get their jerk on. They will be messing with zombies for food and entertainment. Lure zombies off bridges so they can perform a stylized skippity hopping dance around the quivering remains and impress other onlooking crows and then share a not so fresh meal with their sweetheart. Lure zombies into people out scavenging and then have a nice choice of remains of the loser (win win win). Possibly, after the apocalypse have been running for a while, domesticated ravens might become a thing where they are trained to lure zombies away from people or into spike pits.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  10. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Welcome to the forums, we got fun, good people, and don't go for the shed and forget I said anything expect for fun and good people, cool creepy profile picture

Where are my manners, I like your ideas and they seem really detailed and mi would like it so as you progress through the game, things'll start to change like the water, buildings, etc. I don't like the same dynamic atmosphere and believe me, I break through the same window and there's a zed carpenter who'll clean up after you.

11. CotJocky466

CotJocky466 Here To Help

They can at least confirm its existence now! "Coming in 2017" I saw it on E3! :)

12. Zombie Cowboy

Zombie Cowboy Starting Off

I feel like an idiot

Cejao likes this.
  13. i want to ask something about state of decay 2 are you able to upgrade cars or something because on the screenshot that shows a girl hugging her sister (idk) it shows half of a car with some sheet metal on the front of it along with the sides and and windows

14. Undead Nicole

I'm afraid we can't talk about that yet. :)

Akinaba and Cejao like this.
  15. Just a question that I think you can answer, but will it be windows 10 only? After 8.1 becomes obsolete, I'm moving to linux, so am I out of luck? Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

16. Undead Nicole

SoD2 will be multiplayer and I'm afraid that I don't have answers for you yet in regards to the OS. But we've got a new forum set up for State of Decay 2 where we're posting information as we're able.

Cejao likes this.
  17. Where can we find this forum ?

18. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Go to the forum main page, scroll between State Of Decay and Fun Stuff.

Hey Nicole. What happened to the Moonrise section? I know the game never made it, but the category is gone?

19. Undead Nicole

We archived those forums Dunadain.

20. M >>>

M >>> Got Your Back

Robotic Sentries / Tactical Advisors for Class 4 Requested !

Dear Undead Lab Developers,

Since we're likely a few years away from the "Emergence of Class Four".
    I make my pitch now that you consider adding semi-autonomous robots to the Class 4 World.

These Semi-autonomous robot systems would likely be discovered in a research lab or storage bunker. I imagine they were built with certain conflicts in mind and will have a tendency to frame and approach conflicts with those mindsets. Weapons designers might have built these for the Cold War - or a resurgent Cold War. Despite certain personality traits and tendencies - they could be very helpful to Survivors who might not be familiar with military tactics, or options.

* I'll place my order now for a grouchy crack-shot bot/tactical advisor with the personality of R. Lee Ermey....or Al Matthews.

** A personality like Slim Pickens would also be very entertaining in a helpful but cantankerous and opinionated robotic sentry / advisor system.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: "I will Motivate You !"

Sergeant Apone: "All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Corps!"

Major Kong: "Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies."

UNLEASH THE ROBOTS ! [​IMG]

upload_2016-7-5_21-42-25.png

upload_2016-7-5_21-42-47.png

upload_2016-7-5_21-40-41.png

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016